May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can we please have lots that allow us to live and sell

As in TS2 in the Open for business where i could live and have my flower shop. I would so love this in TS4.
If it can be done already i have yet to find it.
It would be great to have kennels and vets office at home and live on the lot and have a bakery etc etc
Am I the only one that wants this
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There have been a lot of threads on this topic. To date, you can not live on a retail lot without owning a residential lot too. Maybe, one day, but not today. :'(
  • Options
    Masters_In_SimologyMasters_In_Simology Posts: 62 Member
    I think this would be too much of an overhaul at this point. But I agree, it should be considered in future games. My father ran a business at home for many years. If it can exist in the real world, it should exist for our Sims.
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Im not sure if it would be too much of an overhaul code-wise, but with Get to work having been out for so long as well as dine out I doubt they're going to anything other than bug fixes, but it would have really been appreciated to be able to live and own a shop on the same lot, especially with how small the worlds are.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    We need it, they mess up so many things with each DLC in this iteration...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I can't have a real retail shop, but I remember I once had a Sim that was a painter and sold his pictures in the backyard with that thing to sell paints that came with CL in the flea market (idon't know how it's called in english). Npc's really came out to buy.
  • Options
    BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    I just want more lot spaces in general, lol..and to control the size of the lots like we could in ts2 and ts3. I think living on a retail lot would be great too. One of my sims had a salon in their home in ts2.
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I've imagined a business-themed pack, namely Shopping Spree, as a remake (kinda) of TS2 Open For Business. I don't see why not selling things at home is impossible, it doesn't require too much of work to make it available.

Also I'd like a shopping district as a new world, solely for business purposes.
  • Options
    I've imagined a business-themed pack, namely Shopping Spree, as a remake (kinda) of TS2 Open For Business. I don't see why not selling things at home is impossible, it doesn't require too much of work to make it available.

Also I'd like a shopping district as a new world, solely for business purposes.

You want another Magnolia Promenade? In one save, I've made Newcrest one huge shopping world with nothing but shops and restaurants.
  • Options
    Hi qdo we make the retails on GTW to be a shopping destination? I've downloaded some from the gallery and none of them have anyone selling
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    Hi qdo we make the retails on GTW to be a shopping destination? I've downloaded some from the gallery and none of them have anyone selling

1. Make sure the lot type is set to RETAIL.
    2. If your sim owns the shop, they must hire employees and/or sell items themselves.
    3. If you are downloading a shop for your sim to visit, it should be staffed by NPC's.
    4. Make sure the store is OPEN for business. (use the cash register for store issues)
    5. Unfortunately, not all builders "set up" the store to sell things by placing things for sell. You can, using the cash register.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you @Dannydanbo
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »
    Thank you @Dannydanbo

I hope it helped. :)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member

I have this mod and it works like a charm. She has many great mods for various things. Go to her site and have a look at what she does. You will probably find a couple mods you didn't know you need.
  • Options
    Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    I did this with my sim on TS4. Not strictly speaking, but it worked well for me. So I moved my sim onto an empty plot. Then I bought a separate plot for her business. I built a gallery on her business plot so that she could sell her paintings. I then built a small house behind the gallery where she took care of her needs and "lived" when she closed shop. You could have her living in the shop but having her living quarters doors locked off to customers.

Although she still owned a residential plot, she never actually went there.