Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modless game is crashing every three seconds and I'm beginning to get infuriated

What the title says. It's starting to make me angry to the point of scrapping and uninstalling. This issue has never happened before and OF FLUFFING COURSE it had to happen on a stupid update day. Yes, these days are stupid
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I had that problem before and after I changed my computer to a better one, so my issue was not a computer problem as many will advise. I'm not sure what causes it, as I have had many conversations at the help center about it but nothing seemed to help. It would come and go and most of mine happens when I do not save before I travel. I hope you figure out what is causing yours and sorry you are having that issue.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Maybe the update will fix it?

Also, have you tried resetting your sims folder?
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    do you have anything running in the background? Mine constantly crashes if I have chrome left open.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I think update the game, then if it’s still happening do a repair on your game. If that doesn’t fix it, someone else may be able to help you better than I can since I’m learning off of everyone else.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Are you sure you have no mods or CC in your game? I usually switch to building/remodeling till my two must have mods (MCCC and UI Cheats) are updated. Haven't gone into game yet but I've never had an issue with crashing after an update as long as I remember to take out all my mods.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    What are your laptops specs?
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    You could try and just remove your sims 4 folder and start the game as it generates a new one.
    If there still is a problem maybe it can be origin, try another game and see if that works.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    My game's working fine now. Sorry for the venting guys.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,581 Member
    edited April 2019
    Are you sure you have no mods or CC in your game? I usually switch to building/remodeling till my two must have mods (MCCC and UI Cheats) are updated. Haven't gone into game yet but I've never had an issue with crashing after an update as long as I remember to take out all my mods.

Just an aside, there's already a hotfix for MCCC.

As for the crashing, I almost never crash, but then again I do have a gaming rig. But, after I pulled my Mods folder and patched the game, yesterday I was unable to get into the game. It would power up and before I knew it, it would crash. I tried this several time. I even attempted a repair game. I also attempted to refresh the game folder but couldn't get it to work. Today, when I opened it up it was Finalizing my base game and is now processing through all of the packs. Makes me wonder if it finished updating yesterday.

UPDATE: Today, after I was certain Origin had finished processing all of my packs, I was able to get into the game! Yay! So far, since I have to start another save, since RTF has been pulled from my Mods folder, and I don't wish to setback my Global Superstar again, I have placed two families and two lots. Going back in to play, now. Take heart, it could be something as wacky as the patch not completing, or the repair I attempted hadn't finished.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My game always crashes two or three times in quick succession as soon as I begin playing, then it's fine. Have no idea why.