Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille Promo/Trailer Sims?

Just wondering if the Sims featured in the trailer appear as Premades in the game pack, if not where can we download them?
Origin ID: 'LordKacj'

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Most of them are pre-mades. The main characters are in households or otherwise around the world.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    There's one Sim from the trailer that really caught my eye.

aQrZQoi.jpg

His face looks so expressive and interesting. I really hope he will be a premade. I totally need that sim in my game.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Here's a pic of the premade families

premade.jpg

The military, scientists and conspiracy theorists are only in the household manager after you interacted with them (not even sure if all of them) so I don't know which ones are in every game, except for the red haired/glasses guy. He's in for sure (Erwin Pries) but I can't find him in the household manager at all.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i feel it's a bit overboard putting my fairly vague response to crinrict in spoilers, but am doing it anyway. it's more just talking about the hidden household category and the possibility of hidden traits (a la 'isnative' for selvadoradan natives) or npc-specific careers (a la the producer and stage crew ones for get famous). though it does mention a few specific things under the previous spoilers
    in that case, i'm guessing that the redhead is in the hidden households section? or is he even invisible to that, if you have access to viewing it? where bernard and mimsy (the get together chateau ghosts), the grim reaper, patchy and such tend to reside

as for the military, scientists and conspiracy theorists (actually surprised there's a plural to that last one), i'm guessing they'll wind up as randomly rolled townies with hidden traits or specific careers or moodlets specific to those roles. though get famous manages to use bouncers and hosts without giving them either an npc-specific career or a hidden trait, at least not that are visible by the mod i use to check all that

also, just because someone mentioned the old soap in another thread so it's been on my mind, but the roswell family really gives me 'dallas' vibes there
  • Options
    I tend to go a bit overboard wit the spoiler tags :D
    The do have hidden traits and I didn't check on the hidden household section cause only mod I've but back is SimsInfo but yeah, I'm guessing, they will be there.

I've moved in two military NPCs, they both had the career when I moved them in (and still the hidden trait but that might be a bug). The scientist didn't have a career but I'm not surprised on that as that would be a pack tie-in. haven't really check on the theorists but I'm guessing they don't have a career. They tend to man the curio shop but that's about it.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'd rather go overboard with spoilers than having someone scream about a name being listed (though the names of the trailer trio were given somewhere...twitter maybe? i forget exactly)
    still trying to avoid a lot of major story-related spoilers, even though i accidentally spoiled myself by looking at some of the new hidden traits, like the new ghost one. i figured something like that was coming because of the end of the trailer, but still

dunno if the hidden trait for the formerly townie military sims would be a bug or not. it could be so they can still be used for that aspect of the story, even if they're played. similar happens to the selvadoradan natives in jungle adventures. i've got a few played 'isnative' sims and other sims, even in the same household, can ask them for poison antidotes (though they can't make any for themselves, it's got to be for other sims). i figured the hidden trait for those military folks would be similar, so they could give out the rumors or whatever you ask of them when you're working on the story

and yeah, figured the scientists wouldn't have a career listed because of the cross-pack stuff. though it would be weird if they start getting used as bartenders or such. i'll probably be tempted to make at least one playable and put them in the actual scientist career just to see what happens because i'm silly like that

rather hope the theorists will keep their role even if played, just because i've got an idea for one in my game. but if not, it's easy to just give him (or her) the custom career of 'conspiracy theorist' and call it good enough

and as for the simsinfo mod, is that the showsiminfo one? if so, it can be used to check the hidden households (just do a search for 'household:hidden'. i do that every so often to try and track down the 'bugged' families of temple guardians, keep track of the duplicate teens spawned with the 'babyariel' hidden trait (the game seems to want two sims with that trait at any given time, oddly), make sure patchy doesn't have the kleptomaniac trait and stuff like that)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    OK found that
    It says: Household Types: Other Households (Hidden) so guess that's where he is.

It also says he's current career is: Curio Shop Owner.

I'll move him in to find out more.

EDIT: He'll loose the job on moving in but not the hidden traits.
    AHQ Tutorial