Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paparazzi - how to deal?

Ok, has anyone any ideas on how to stop paparazzi? They are outside my sims houses all the time. I try to move them but all they do is get cameras out. There seems no way to either fight them, or call the local police. My sims are only low celebrity status.

Keith

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2019
    This is more in the category of getting rid of them than keeping and dealing with them, but for those not averse to using mods NRaas Register can be set so that there are no paparazzi.

Personally, I just ignore them. If they ever get in the way or somehow make it inside my sims' homes or into places where I think they do not belong (I had a celebrity gate out front accidentally placed backwards in Bridgeport recently, my silly fault), I ask them to leave and maybe reset them if I'm ignored. If by move them you mean using testingcheats and MoveObjects On, that should never be invoked on sims unless one is setting up a pose or screenshot and won't be saving afterwards as that can break things.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    silverwood02silverwood02 Posts: 73 Member
    Ok thanks. I do not know about using the cheats - I wondered if there was an ingame way. I will just ignore them!
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Just to add! :smile:
    There was a poll made in the general section about paparazzi's, with lots of different ways to deal with them:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/954993/how-do-you-all-deal-with-unwanted-visitors-including-paparazzi-sims-3-only#latest

• Options
    readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    My personal fave is the Cowplant from the store. It's not a secret wonder cream or even the fountain the youth that keeps my sim so young . Buy a couple of these plants and place them right outside the gate or front steps .Word of warning ,when its hungry ,the cowplant doesn't play favorites . My poor simmie became a widow when husband No.# 1 got curious about the offered cake . Sad day , gold digger wish fulfilled . ;)