The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I LOVE the new security vault

sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
So I got a little bored with my GF play-through and decided to make a criminal sim with the klepto trait. It's been so much fun pickpocketing people and scoping out who to rob, but then I realized that I can break into the vault at other sim's homes and steal money...

That is so perfect. I'm ecstatic.

Comments

• Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    This is great! I want to make an infamous criminal!!
  • Options
    SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    Me too!! I haven't gotten GF yet, but keep telling my daughter I want GF so I can have vaults. lol I plan to have my criminal sim have a lot of fun breaking into the celebrities vaults.
  • Options
    StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    I was disappointed. Only Judith Ward has a vault and nothing was in it. I was so ready to rob her lol.
  • Options
    StephenTM wrote: »
    I was disappointed. Only Judith Ward has a vault and nothing was in it. I was so ready to rob her lol.

I went through my save and added vaults to all of the huge homes and added money into them. I also added stuff to steal because I realized npc homes are seriously bare bones, lol. Like not even a plant in some of the houses. I'm gonna have to set a limit on myself on the vault though because I think you can take every penny at once if you want.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    sillehbee wrote: »

I went through my save and added vaults to all of the huge homes and added money into them. I also added stuff to steal because I realized npc homes are seriously bare bones, lol. Like not even a plant in some of the houses. I'm gonna have to set a limit on myself on the vault though because I think you can take every penny at once if you want.

I’m going to do the same! I always go to the rich families and add a bunch of money cause someone like Judith Ward for example should have a least a million dollars.
    I haven’t played the criminal career in years and now I’m super excited to add one to my rotation. (And create his own secret vault room where he’ll hide all his finds)
    I’m hoping most of the mansions and stuff will have some cool updated versions on the gallery soon so I can update all those homes.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    The other cool thing about vaults is for when we send our new YA’s out of the family and into the world. We can have them come visit and grab some money from the vault, so they don’t have to start out with little money if you don’t want them to.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    The other cool thing about vaults is for when we send our new YA’s out of the family and into the world. We can have them come visit and grab some money from the vault, so they don’t have to start out with little money if you don’t want them to.

Yes, I know. I want to use it that way too.

* The old grandparents can divide their wealth between their children as evenly or unevenly as they want.
    * My live-in nanny can get a little bit of money every day that I play the family that she works for and she can come over and collect it on her rotation-days.

This is such a versatile object and I look forward to having a lot of fun with it.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I’m going to do the same! I always go to the rich families and add a bunch of money cause someone like Judith Ward for example should have a least a million dollars.
    I haven’t played the criminal career in years and now I’m super excited to add one to my rotation. (And create his own secret vault room where he’ll hide all his finds)
    I’m hoping most of the mansions and stuff will have some cool updated versions on the gallery soon so I can update all those homes.

I downloaded a huge warehouse from the gallery and added a vault so that my criminal club can use it as their base and add their cut to the vault. 👌 I wanted to name it Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. but the whole name won't fit, lol. I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun with this type of play, lol. Never tried it before. I also really like the reputation system for it too.

One thing I hope they add (unless they have and I haven't encountered it) is randomly getting arrested. I mean, we have a whole functioning police station and jail.
  • Options
    StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    I never thought of using the vault to store money for future generations. My main Sim family maxxed out their household funds at $9.999 million so I could store some in it for when the first generation dies and the kids can split it amongst themselves.
  • Options
    SupernovurSupernovur Posts: 55 Member

I downloaded a huge warehouse from the gallery and added a vault so that my criminal club can use it as their base and add their cut to the vault. 👌 I wanted to name it Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. but the whole name won't fit, lol. I'm having a ridiculous amount of fun with this type of play, lol. Never tried it before. I also really like the reputation system for it too.

One thing I hope they add (unless they have and I haven't encountered it) is randomly getting arrested. I mean, we have a whole functioning police station and jail.

This would be awesome. I remember getting arrested in the sims 3 and getting chucked into a rabbit hole jail in the police station, good times =).