Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Closed.

horror_obsessedhorror_obsessed Posts: 21 Member
After moving into the basic starter home the loading screen seemed excessively long, I didn't think much of it at the time. I saw my newly created man for a second before being completely spammed with non stop notifications talking of all sorts of skills I have mastered. At first I thought, "It's odd it's giving me notifications for other sims I played in the past." then it mentioned some achievement of having 12 different traits for 1 sim. That was when I realized, I most definitely never had that many traits. I've probably had close to 9 at most. (I rarely buy rewards traits. Usually because I forget they exist...) That was when I clicked on his skills to see this...

PRg2QON.jpg

My new Sim mastered literally every skill... except for pipe organ. Which I mean makes sense. Learning to play the piano is hard enough, but the organ?! No way. After seeing his skills I sat for a moment. This whole thing momentarily killed my brain. Why was Adrian Mordrake good at literally everything?! (Except the pipe organ... we'll have to work on that.) Remembering the achievement of having multiple traits, I clicked the traits section...

5MKpniz.jpg

This was the moment I realized... my sims succeed more without me in their life than with me. I guess career success will come with ease. Adrian Mordrake, if you could play the pipe organ... you'd be literal perfection.

fPtbXv8.png

(Side note, this is my first post so I have no idea if the pictures worked or if it's under the right category or really anything for that matter.)
Post edited by horror_obsessed on

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    are you sure it wasn't just a gallery sim that you downloaded who already had skills and traits? Sims don't learn reward traits on their own.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »
    are you sure it wasn't just a gallery sim that you downloaded who already had skills and traits? Sims don't learn reward traits on their own.

It is bazaar because it was originally a base I downloaded a while ago and modify for a majority of my male sims. This is the first time this ever happened with this base though. I just don’t get why it happened now and not in the past. I’ll test the base out again and see if the same thing happens. Thanks for commenting, it makes the predicament make a little more sense.

I had a similar glitch happen to me in Sims 3 too. I still have no idea how that one happened either.
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »

Upon reevaluating, I realize I did use a different base that I downloaded a while ago and never used until just barely. (The bald base sims all look similar XD) It probably was that base. I hardly ever download from the gallery, so that was definitely new for me.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I actually have a sim I'm working on to be the ultimate sim. Up until city living and beyond, she has every skill maxed, every aspiration complete, and every trait available. I haven't played her since city living came out, so I now have more to do with her, but I'll get to it eventually. I've also been working on maxing all careers, but that's slower going.

I'm also doing something similar, but far more complex, in sims 3. Look up llandros ultimate sim challenge. He has a series on his youtube, a post here on the forums, and a blog of the rules.

But, yeah, you have to be careful downloading sims from the gallery. All skills, aspirations, and traits transfer.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I actually have a sim I'm working on to be the ultimate sim. Up until city living and beyond, she has every skill maxed, every aspiration complete, and every trait available. I haven't played her since city living came out, so I now have more to do with her, but I'll get to it eventually. I've also been working on maxing all careers, but that's slower going.

I'm also doing something similar, but far more complex, in sims 3. Look up llandros ultimate sim challenge. He has a series on his youtube, a post here on the forums, and a blog of the rules.

But, yeah, you have to be careful downloading sims from the gallery. All skills, aspirations, and traits transfer.

Wow! Did you turn off aging or was that all in one sim life? Either way your dedication is truly impressive! Thanks for the recommendations, I’ll have to check it out.

Yeah I very rarely use the gallery, I only use bases and that’s only when I’m feeling lazy. I’ve never installed any lots or anything but a few base sims, hence me being baffled by the sudden mastering of everything in life.