The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does my profile picture really look like a real person, not a sim?

SkyzzahSkyzzah Posts: 131 Member
edited June 2018 in Off Topic Chat
Alright, so I've had 2 people on Discord say I looked cute after seeing my profile picture. Both times I've been a bit disgusted since they were both adults who don't know how young I am, but also quite confused since the "person" in my profile picture is a SIM.

So, if we weren't on the Sims Forums and you didn't have the knowledge that my profile picture is of a sim, would you think it were a real person?
(My Discord profile picture is the same as my forums account here.)
41741928340_6225bb36b5_c.jpg
✨ Click on the picture above to check out my channel for CAS videos! ✨

Comments

• Options
    ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    i think to everyone here it will look like a sim
    but to people who dont know the sims...maybe...if they are a bit slow and have poor vision.. and maybe the room or the screen is very dark.. and also the radio is on so they cant concentrate..and...yeah.... I really don't see how anyone could mistake that for an actual human being.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,725 Member
    I think the face looks like an air brushed face of a real person. But the hair doesn't look real at all. I wouldn't think she looks like a real person, cuz of the hair. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    maybe when it's like this:
    tumblr_inline_pa3567EPAB1v2uzv2_540.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Maybe they're assuming you look like your profile picture and are saying it based on that? Idk ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    is this lil miquela v2?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    it is cute but I'm not sure how they're interpreting it as a real person. that's pretty silly. they might also be saying that simply because they're trying to strike up a flirty conversation. maybe they think you're roleplaying as your avatar? idk! don't be afraid to block weird adults tho
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    There are people who draw cartoons and have graphics made of their own likeness. It’s possible the person believed that was the case with you. They thought your picture represented what you look like in person.

Either way I wouldn’t think too much into it. I’d also like to say if their comment upset you the point you needed to make a thread about it on a whole different website then maybe you should leave whatever website you were on alone due to your age. That seems to be a good option in my opinion.
  • Options
    ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    maybe if it had alpha hair but other than that it doesn't really look real.
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited June 2018
    I think she looks like another game. I think no, she skin and hair are unreal.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    She looks like a barbie doll.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    Tinf0iITinf0iI Posts: 115 Member
    nah. there's always something off about sims that makes them look unrealistic. i think it's the hair, the lack of facial flaws, and the symmetry.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,940 Member
    She look like a sim at first notice as Sims hae a very cartoony style with no facial textures I say.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Her face is a bit realistic if you don't look closely but the hair gives it away.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    There are people who draw cartoons and have graphics made of their own likeness. It’s possible the person believed that was the case with you. They thought your picture represented what you look like in person.

Either way I wouldn’t think too much into it. I’d also like to say if their comment upset you the point you needed to make a thread about it on a whole different website then maybe you should leave whatever website you were on alone due to your age. That seems to be a good option in my opinion.

^ This.

They got a "positive reaction" in their minds when they saw your avatar and interpreted too much into it. I would just feel a little flattered if I were you, because you chose the avatar and they thought the sim was attractive and represented a young adult you. And, yeah, if their comments felt too personal and made you uncomfortable, maybe you should choose another avatar or leave that place.

So, maybe they weren't really creeps, but normal guys who mistook you for being older, but I think it's GREAT that you felt disgusted when people that much older gave you those comments. You want to stay safe online, and you should. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif