Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surprise [Spouse], Muthafuffer!

So I've made and been playing a sim for a while now. Outside of helping poor townies out with their clothes in CAS, I've only been playing her. After a while I made an alien Sim for her to date and potentially marry. I didn't move him into a house and play him; I just made him in CAS and then went back to my original sim to wait for him to randomly spawn. He did. Anyways, they ran into each other, started dating, and after a while got engaged. They even have twin sons. Remember: I've only been playing this sim. When I was going to get my alien fella to kiss his lovely fiance, the "convince them to leave spouse" option came up under the Romance interactions. Wuht. I was so confused.

The other night my sim was invited out to Alien Night at a pub. I thought, "Nice! More aliens!" Once she got there, aliens started to show up...including her fiance. Welp, I was wrong. I was going to get her to give her guy the slick "well hello there. fancy seeing you here. waggle eyebrows rawr." c-c-combo but was met with the introduction interactions. Again, I was confused. Turns out the game spawned a clone of her fiance from the gallery for alien night.

I digress...kind of... so back to the original wuht confusion of "leave yo' spouse, gurl!" option. When I saw that I honestly thought "dear gah I've been canoodling with the impostor!" Nope! It was the true man of her heart. Then why is that option there. With my detective skills I learned from her career path and years of watching Scooby-doo, I looked at her genealogy tab and saw.... She has a wife with two step-daughters. WUH. THUH. FUH. Remember remember: I've only been playing this sim. Where did this wife and children come from?? What's even more interesting is that this woman isn't even in the list of sims my sim has met in the social tab. This has never happened to me before and I'm both amused and confused by it all.

https://imgur.com/a/jXvyaJj

Just thought I'd share my latest adventures in the game.

Side story: 3 out of 5 sims have died in the jail cell at my sim's job. I kept the urns in the cell with the other inmates as a warning. A cop got electrocuted at his desk after successfully fixing the computer. His urn is next to his desk.

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Zoinks! What a crazy story. Tell me you have a story progression mod going or I'll be totally discombobulated.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Ha that's funny, since he was just created the game probably put him to use it could be a glitch or not maybe next time drop the new sim in a house to see if they will be safe from the game's evil ways. It's sentient in it's own way. *cue Twilight Zone music.* End? Lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    CharlieOllie1108CharlieOllie1108 Posts: 577 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Zoinks! What a crazy story. Tell me you have a story progression mod going or I'll be totally discombobulated.

I don't think I have it going, to be honest.
  • Options
    Ha that's funny, since he was just created the game probably put him to use it could be a glitch or not maybe next time drop the new sim in a house to see if they will be safe from the game's evil ways. It's sentient in it's own way. *cue Twilight Zone music.* End? Lol.

I haven't seen his clone since that night at the pub. She did get invited out to Knight's night by him. I should've accepted. He seems to be in hiding, plotting something. Schemes. *looks around with narrows, suspicious eyes*
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    ha sims are always plotting something, like when you pause just right they just want you to think they are looking at nothing, but they are staring right into the player's eyes.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Hilarious story :D Our Sims do have full lives when we are not playing that sim. Townies have kids and some are married, Some even live in homes. they make enemies and friend when we are not around they even sometimes well often, cheat :D

Question is your mouth full of hotdogs?
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I had some game generated clone types also show up in the past in my game. It has been quite awhile since I've seen it but I know it happened. I was also playing with the science career/aliens at the time very heavily. I wonder if that's related. I never use story progression mods. I don't like story progression without my say so. None of the ones I've had in my game ever had children on their own though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Question is your mouth full of hotdogs?

Yes, yes it is. :smiley:
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I had some game generated clone types also show up in the past in my game. It has been quite awhile since I've seen it but I know it happened. I was also playing with the science career/aliens at the time very heavily. I wonder if that's related. I never use story progression mods. I don't like story progression without my say so. None of the ones I've had in my game ever had children on their own though.

Now I wonder if there's a connection as well. I also don't really like story progression when it comes to my own created sims. Townies can have all the story progression they want. I still don't know what happened. I save often and I've only been playing this particular family when I do play so it's not like I'm flip-flopping between them and others while I play.

Latest Update:

So one of her alien sons brought a friend home from school when I last played and it was one of her mysterious step-daughters. "OH-HO-HO!! This is going to get interesting!" was my thought, but then I saw the relationship status after she said hello to her step. Acquaintance. No family relationship at all other than what it shows in my sim's genealogy.

Curiouser and curiouser..

If y'all want, I can keep y'all updated on this. I feel like it's some odd soap opera and that all the sims should be gasping as dramatic soap music plays.