Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAN'T DELETE TRASH CAN ON APARTMENT LOT

PxneapplePxneapple Posts: 22 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
Hey! So I decided to create a custom apartment lot in my sims game, and I placed a trash chute on each floor (in the lobby area between all the NPC apartments), and deleted the default trash can as it has a more family home feel than an apartment one.

I then saved the lot, exited the game, and when I returned to it the next day, the default trash can had been re-placed in front of my driveway again.

Why is this happening? Aren't the trash chutes enough? I don't remember ever seeing a default trash can on any of the Late Night apartment lots... :#
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm pretty sure that all Residential lots, even ones set up as LN apartments, require two things -- a mailbox of some kind and a municipal trash can located outside of the building. All of my highrise buildings have one outside, I think. If I'm remembering this correctly, the game will do its best to restore them if they have been deleted. Not sure the sims really need it for anything practical except maybe to discard of newspapers left outside if the service is not cancelled and there is no recycling bin.

If it really bothers you aesthetically, perhaps you could hide it behind some shrubbery or something? On some of my lots, it's in a partially fenced off area with only three sides of fencing off to the side, like a trash corral might be.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    PxneapplePxneapple Posts: 22 Member
    Ahh, I see... Thank you for your help!

I suppose I will just leave them as is, then. :#
    giphy.gif