Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mens Fashion

ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
So after finding myself disappointed by the men's outfits in the latest stuff pack I thought I'd try to see what is in style for men. As a litmus test I thought "Ok, who is the douchiest famous guy I know?". Justin Bieber of course! How is it Justin Bieber managed to look classier at the Met Gala than our guys would if they donned the luxury party outfits?
justin-bieber-met-gala-red-carpet__oPt.jpg

This led to a pic of this outfit, which obviously isn't Bieber but is KILLER!
essencecom-miguel-21_347x520_85.jpg
That said, I still consider these outfits kinda extreme and would prefer some clothes my guys can actually wear every day.
Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter

Comments

• Options
    STURTAINENSTURTAINEN Posts: 40 Member
    The men's outfits in LP are horrendous! I didn't even bother getting it, I'm just sticking to CC and that's kinda sad when you think about it.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah better guy outfits would be nice. I mean come on, even girls Simmers want their guy Sims to look good. I really like Ralph Lauren and Armani and Valentino for luxury fashion anyways. This is kind of hard not being a guy trying to think of things guys wear now.

But for mens general fashion some picture ideas:
    Mens-Winter-Fashion-Look-2015.jpg
    2e259bad606dddbbdb388f5a5b43f7f6.jpg
    london-m-str-rf15-1067.jpg
    1402598749253.jpg
    cfd94588082ae1699822c34948526e68.jpg

I want more children's fashion especially for boys.
    Brick+Lane+Collection+Gap+Boys+Clothing.jpg?token=ct33yA%2B7Pq07gtFNnM7VYgDWd24%3D
    HM-boys-clothes-2011.jpg
    boys.jpg
    Boys-Car-Pjs.jpg
    kids-fashion-trends-22.jpg
    5sets-lot-Free-shipping-boy-fashion-clothes-set-baby-boy-vest-pant-2pcs-suit-kids-summer.jpg
    Free-Shipping-2013-Spring-Fashion-Boys-Long-sleeve-Denim-Children-s-Clothes-Embroideries-Letter-Shirt.jpg
    boy-clothing-10.png
    boys-fashion-style-clothes-outfit-photo.jpg

Sorry I'll stop the picture spam.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    I love those clothes @Scobre and I totally want those hairstyles for kids!!!
    The clothes I posted weren't so much the kinds of clothes I would choose (I like more casual clothes and I'm addicted to layers). They were just what I found in a very quick search to try to understand the "look" maxis was going for. It boggles my mind that Justin Biebers look was "classier" than the clothes we got for our sims. I don't understand how they made the decision to make those items above all other possibilities.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Just give me decent clothes nothing flashy or sequined.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm with you @Shaobun and @Scobre classy but smart would be my hope for better make clothing. I'd like some variety and clothes for different types of fashion too.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So even JB looks more classy that TS4 Sims?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Shaobun wrote: »
    The clothes I posted weren't so much the kinds of clothes I would choose (I like more casual clothes and I'm addicted to layers). They were just what I found in a very quick search to try to understand the "look" maxis was going for. It boggles my mind that Justin Biebers look was "classier" than the clothes we got for our sims. I don't understand how they made the decision to make those items above all other possibilities.
    Yeah I love layers too and I know those hairstyles would be cute for kids. I guess they were trying to go for hipster look for the base game and Las Vegas style for that SP? I'd love to have more diverse outfits for the Sims too.

It would be cool to have some cute looking pajamas as well like these:
    Screen-shot-2011-01-07-at-1.03.25-PM.png
    HTB1kT._FFXXXXb2XpXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg
    Fashion-New-Animal-Cute-cartoon-font-b-bear-b-font-children-font-b-panda-b-font.jpg

More swimwear would be cool too like this:
    boys_kids-swimwear-lp_flat.jpg
    img65508884.jpg?_ex=330x330
    Free-shipping-2014-Children-s-bathing-suit-Superman-costume-font-b-Boy-b-font-swimwear-Baby.jpg
    Sun-Protection-Swimwear-for-Children-Kids-wear-lycra-swimwear-Manufacturer-Retailer-31968_image.jpg

Sorry I really love children's clothes. Especially having two nephews, it's fun shopping for them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Great pics, @Scobre!
    Yeah, I didn't like the looks of the males' suits in that Luxury pack (and the weird cleavage dress, too, lol).
    I wish there were more choices of clothing and better stuff pack/EP/GP clothes in the future.
    The sims 3 store had some interesting clothes, and of course, CC is always good. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Great pics, @Scobre!
    Yeah, I didn't like the looks of the males' suits in that Luxury pack (and the weird cleavage dress, too, lol).
    I wish there were more choices of clothing and better stuff pack/EP/GP clothes in the future.
    The sims 3 store had some interesting clothes, and of course, CC is always good. :)
    Yeah CC is awesome. Lots of cool CC out there now. You changed your avi? The Sim looks pretty. Yeah the outfits did look weird.
  • Options
    Great pics, @Scobre!
    Someone (thankfully) modded that dress so it looks like cleavage rather than a bandeau painted with bre.asts. You'd think maxis could've got it right before releasing it.
  • Options
    STURTAINENSTURTAINEN Posts: 40 Member
    SEE?! Was it terribly difficult to do a quick google search and find some really awesome clothing for the little and big dudes? C'mon, EA, stop being lazy.
  • Options
    I totally agree! I just don't understand it. Yes, the differences between various suits and male outfits can be subtle but there is nothing wrong with subtlety especially when it works. If it isn't broken don't try to "fix" it Maxis!
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited June 2015
    Having to resort to CC to find decent stuff is sad as very, veeery little appeals to me that is in the base catalogue. But it makes me love the modding community even more.

Would have liked the LP duds if the designers didn't go crazy with the sparkles.

Subtlety when it works is very classy indeed B)
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Seriously, I'm about ready to send all my magazines on my coffee table and a link to my favorites on Pinterest to Redwood, CA.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Please do & put "NO SPARKLES!" in big red letters on the envelope.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Seriously, I'm about ready to send all my magazines on my coffee table and a link to my favorites on Pinterest to Redwood, CA.
    You should. Men and boys need better fashion in the Sims 4. :)
  • Options
    Amen! What's with maxis and sparkles... first it was "build sparkles" and now mens clothing too?! I will say I think the texturing (light reflection, shininess, etc) has amazing potential.
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah I love layers too and I know those hairstyles would be cute for kids. I guess they were trying to go for hipster look for the base game and Las Vegas style for that SP? I'd love to have more diverse outfits for the Sims too.

It would be cool to have some cute looking pajamas as well like these:
    Screen-shot-2011-01-07-at-1.03.25-PM.png
    HTB1kT._FFXXXXb2XpXXq6xXFXXXu.jpg
    Fashion-New-Animal-Cute-cartoon-font-b-bear-b-font-children-font-b-panda-b-font.jpg

More swimwear would be cool too like this:
    boys_kids-swimwear-lp_flat.jpg
    img65508884.jpg?_ex=330x330
    Free-shipping-2014-Children-s-bathing-suit-Superman-costume-font-b-Boy-b-font-swimwear-Baby.jpg
    Sun-Protection-Swimwear-for-Children-Kids-wear-lycra-swimwear-Manufacturer-Retailer-31968_image.jpg

Sorry I really love children's clothes. Especially having two nephews, it's fun shopping for them.

This is going to inspire the devs to create these costumes and release them via a patch....like star wars.
    You have given them an idea noooooo
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    @tkwolf We already have bear suits (they should add pandas if they haven't), I love monster onesies, frogs are very "TS3 supernatural" and superman seems swell. Why not? Costumes for kids are cool, for adults it's not needed but I don't like age or gender limiting things.
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    @tkwolf We already have bear suits (they should add pandas if they haven't), I love monster onesies, frogs are very "TS3 supernatural" and superman seems swell. Why not? Costumes for kids are cool, for adults it's not needed but I don't like age or gender limiting things.

Maybe later? I would prefer for them to first focus more on essential things
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    tkwolf wrote: »
    This is going to inspire the devs to create these costumes and release them via a patch....like star wars.
    You have given them an idea noooooo
    LOL I doubt it and yes I do like costume and cute pjs for kids. Star Wars stuff is probably priority because of the deal EA has set up with Star Wars. It's all business promotion especially with the Star Wars game they have.
  • Options
    tkwolf wrote: »
    Maybe later? I would prefer for them to first focus more on essential things
    Ok, going to have to agree with you there
  • Options
    fancykurtafromanfancykurtafroman Posts: 6 New Member
    Great information!\
    Now i got what is Men Fashion
  • Options
    fancykurtafromanfancykurtafroman Posts: 6 New Member
    Great information!
    Now i got what is Men Fashion
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top