Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please bring sleigh riding and caroling to Seasons

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I remember both Sleigh Rides and Caroling were mentioned in a TS3 Seasons Survey and never made it. Now is a great time to add it to TS4 Seasons. Imagine it's snowing and your sims are taking a sleigh ride across the world. This would be a great time to bring back horses as well since they could pull the sleigh. Also imagine your sims going to houses or community lots caroling.

This is what I'd love to see our sims doing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF2zXfC_ddM

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We have no horses or did you have another type of transportation (which we don't have ANY form of other than teleporting) in mind?
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I don't think horses are needed. They can at least add a small sleigh with some type of hill contraption kids can ride on. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. I would love caroling at community lots but houses might be an issue. We would have to load at each neighbor...LOL
  • Options
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I don't think horses are needed. They can at least add a small sleigh with some type of hill contraption kids can ride on. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. I would love caroling at community lots but houses might be an issue. We would have to load at each neighbor...LOL

I would love for kids to be able to sled down a hill but we have no hills. I think a group of NPC carolers could be added to a community lot and our sims could listen. tip, etc. I would love an NPC Santa that shows up on a community lot when his big chair is placed and an elf takes a picture of him and your kid on his lap.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I would love for kids to be able to sled down a hill but we have no hills. I think a group of NPC carolers could be added to a community lot and our sims could listen. tip, etc. I would love an NPC Santa that shows up on a community lot when his big chair is placed and an elf takes a picture of him and your kid on his lap.

LOL yeah that is why I added we need a hill contraption (maybe like the slip and slide but some hill like they did in Sims 3 for snowboarding)

Anyways love the Santa idea. That would be amazing.
  • Options
    We have no horses or did you have another type of transportation (which we don't have ANY form of other than teleporting) in mind?

That's why I meantioned Seasons would be a good time to bring back horses as well.
  • Options

LOL yeah that is why I added we need a hill contraption (maybe like the slip and slide but some hill like they did in Sims 3 for snowboarding)

Anyways love the Santa idea. That would be amazing.

It would be great to me if they added a dog sled for one big dog to pull with one or two kids in it.
  • Options

That's why I meantioned Seasons would be a good time to bring back horses as well.

I do not want a Seasons pack to share the limited space for programming weather with the programming for horses. Why do that? Horses should come with a farming pack, not a seasons pack.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    I would love to see caroling could be easily added to the singing skill we already have.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    Oh yes, I would love this. You should have an option for a long ride or a short ride. Or a "sleigh here" so that you could control the sleigh yourself. You could have a quiet sleigh and one with bells. Let all the family and pets ride on it. Your pet could sit beside you, in your lap or in the back. Or you could have your pet wait near the sleigh, start going and request the pet to run after it, if they are an active pet and love to run. You could take a romantic ride. You could take a fast reckless joy ride. You could have mischief with the sleigh, such as have the cushions make fart noises or have the sleigh move erratically or dispense funny snacks or drinks. Maybe you could even make the sleigh fly, with the right conditions. It would just go into the sky like the rocket and your sim could drop gifts from the sky, woo hoo, study their surroundings for logic, take pictures for photos, or go on an adventure that is text based. There are a lot of things a sleigh could do. I think it would be fun. It could even dispense drinks or snacks to eat. A sleigh should be pulled by an animal, but maybe this is electric somehow. If so, it might have upgrades to it, so it dispenses snacks. Or it can break so your sim can fix it. Maybe it could have autopilot so that pets or toddlers can get into it and go for a ride without worry. This is the sim world so we don't have to worry so much about kids going everywhere alone. Nothing too bad could happen.
  • Options
    knitsybitsyknitsybitsy Posts: 78 Member
    Also for Caroling, I would love that sims could sing, play instruments and do activities together. Maybe one sim could start and another could "Join in". Then somehow the game would have to synchronize the singing or playing of instruments. I would love if there were a way to have a whole band and sims playing music together. I would even like it if the pets could howl or meow along. If not, they could bob or nod along to the music in appreciation. Or they might howl because it hurts their ears. Or they might move their head from side to side with a question mark over their head as they try to understand what these crazy humans are up to.

I would love toddlers and kids to learn the words to the songs too. Even if they hum or just la la la along at first. People who are watching could appreciate the music if they don't join in, learn the words. They might even cry a little bit of happy tears. Then they could tip the carolers or bring them a snack such as a figgy pudding (grow some figs) or some sugar plums (grow plums for this) if they prepared it ahead of time and it is in their inventory. High level sims could even light the figgy pudding on fire or add candles or special sprinkles for a kids treat. Maybe they could mix up a little something with mixology to make it a bit special for an adult treat.

Don't forget some treats for the pets too.

Maybe something special happens as they sing, such as auras of light appear overhead or something. I would love special caroling clothing that looks like shawls, capes, gloves and muffs, bonnets and long woolen gowns for women. Men could have suits, top hats, scarves, canes, something snazzy like that. Some could be muted colors and others could be green, red or christmasy colors. Pets could get hats or scarves too.

You could even add a fog effect as they sing in the cold, fog effect coming from their mouths sometimes.

Also I kind of like the idea of carols being random too. Like unplayed sims could just break out into song randomly and you can join in if you want to.

Your sim might sing a carol in the shower to boost their mood. Maybe you could carol from a certain location to hear an echo or just that it sounds good. Like sing a carol in space or sing from the top of the lighthouse or in a cave.
  • Options
    xXholicxX360xXholicxX360 Posts: 20 New Member
    I really hope they have a patch that allows your dogs to pull sleighs for dog sledding. :smile:
  • Options
    Well we did get caroling kind of with Seasons. Sims can sing Holiday songs though unfortuanly the only one is Jingle Bells the others aren't Christmas tunes. Now the other holiday carol is a New Year's Eve one.