Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know how dogs/cats breed in game without the doghouse?

Have any of the gurus mentioned it?

Comments

• Options
    Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    I have no clue, but I'm also interested! I asked in the livestream but didn't get an answer.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Maybe they go under the bed, maybe they will clear it up soon.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Or just a general blur effect
  • Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    It hasn't been officially said as far as I know. My guess is a bush similar to the Get Together one.
  • Options
    Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    Dogs woohoo? I never knew that and I have Pets in Sims 2 and Sims 3...
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dogs do it your bed and cats do it on the kitchen counters.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    "Well, you see, @may151997 when a boy doggie and a girl doggie, or a girl kitty and a boy kitty, but not a boy doggie and girl kitty or boy kitty and girl doggie... well anyway, when they love each other they go to a Special Happy Place, maybe a bush, or an abandoned food stall, or that closet that you like to play in, and they do something wonderful and make a baby kitty or doggie or raccoon..."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    My guess is blurs just like Sims 3
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member

Hmmm... my recollection from ts3 is that they go inside a pet house to woohoo.

I am going to guess that they actually go off lot to do it in this version. The gurus mentioned that if your pet runs away they can come back pregnant, so maybe any pregnancy always happens off lot. They just go for a walk with each other and come back to the lot after the event?
  • Options
    CheezirationCheeziration Posts: 100 Member
    Hm... In TS3, horses just went into their stall to woohoo, but since you could see inside the stall there was an enormous censor grid over the whole thing. I guess they could so something like that with cats and dogs?

Although going off the lot seems interesting, I hadn't thought about that. I guess it's not much less convenient than running into a specific place on the lot, so if that's the way it's done I wouldn't complain.
    vmBGbsG.png
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    During the livestream they mentioned a "Breeding Ground", but I've got no idea what it is and how exactly it will work. I guess they'll go there and do blurry stuff! :D
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2017
    During the livestream they mentioned a "Breeding Ground", but I've got no idea what it is and how exactly it will work. I guess they'll go there and do blurry stuff! :D

Afaik "Breeding Ground" is just the name of the new lot trait and it means your pets are more likely to get 2-3 puppies/kitten.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Oh, thanks for telling me! I completely misunderstood.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    If the Cat-tree is rockin' , don't come knockin' ! :lol:

Dunno about the dogs though... :/
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    Maybe they will have a Pet Woohoo Bush. Look for flowers that look like bones or mice to determine species.
  • Options
    ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    If the Cat-tree is rockin' , don't come knockin' ! :lol:

Dunno about the dogs though... :/

I'm dead. :D;)<3
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    I wish they'd go back to breeding like they did in Sims 1. I thought it was super cute when they'd cuddle up together...
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Hmmm... my recollection from ts3 is that they go inside a pet house to woohoo.

I am going to guess that they actually go off lot to do it in this version. The gurus mentioned that if your pet runs away they can come back pregnant, so maybe any pregnancy always happens off lot. They just go for a walk with each other and come back to the lot after the event?

I was mostly referring to Horses. Works for horses, could work for dogs.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    littlemoondustlittlemoondust Posts: 29 Member
    Hmm.. maybe they will have beds for each that are enclosed, but I've only really seen that for cats in real life. I wish they would make little pet houses that could be build into the wall!
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    @littlemoondust dogs can have something similar(at least small dogs, don't know about large). There are enclosed box type things made for dogs to be put under side tables. My only problem is without a doghouse all the other options seem to have your pets breeding indoors? What if you don't have pets indoors? I was thinking maybe we will have some kind of bush like the sims do. I hope someone asks on the next live stream.