Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpredictable (romantic) feelings

Hello fellow simmers,
I've seen many posts talking about a trait system that would make our sims feel more unique. I think this uniqueness could be achieved with random emotions as well. How about having a sim that falls for another sim for no apparent reason and stays in love with this sim forever (and does not fall for any other sim ever again), or a sim that is in a committed relationship but fails to develop romantic feelings for his/her partner, other sims having multiple loves etc. Obviously, traits could increase chances of that happening or not (faithful, player etc.) but these emotions should still be unpredictable. And it could work with other relationships as well (immediately liking one sim would raise the friendship bar, there would be sims your sim will never like and so on.

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Goldilock wrote: »
    a sim that falls for another sim for no apparent reason and stays in love with this sim forever (and does not fall for any other sim ever again)

no thankyou :p
    goodluck on the idea, though!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    a sim that falls for another sim for no apparent reason and stays in love with this sim forever (and does not fall for any other sim ever again)

I am interested to hear other opinions on the matter, so thanks for the feedback @CyrusTheLoser. I would love to hear why you don't like it. Even for me, it would probably ruin some of the plans for certain sims, but all in all I think it would make things more interesting.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2017

I am interested to hear other opinions on the matter, so thanks for the feedback @CyrusTheLoser. I would love to hear why you don't like it. Even for me, it would probably ruin some of the plans for certain sims, but all in all I think it would make things more interesting.

The idea just kind of bought to mind the image of my sim falling madly in love with the hideous mailwoman and never being able to love anyone else :D

It might be an interesting idea for those who like to go with the flow all the time on these sort of things but I like to have a little control in respect to relationships, at least most of the time
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Okay, yeah, that would be horrible :D And it has also crossed my mind. Would have love potion/woodoo or something as back-up (in case of hideous mailwoman or creepy middle-aged long-haired male nanny). Knowing how the sims' unpredictability back-fires on me, that would probably be the biggest love story in my game :D.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I want more variety in general. What about sims who don't want children? Not hates children.Because there are plenty of people who like kids but don't wany any. What if one sim wanted kids but their wife did not? We need more conflict in our game, nothing major but just more variety for more stories.
  • Options
    I want more variety in general. What about sims who don't want children? Not hates children.Because there are plenty of people who like kids but don't wany any. What if one sim wanted kids but their wife did not? We need more conflict in our game, nothing major but just more variety for more stories.

Exactly, because sims are too predictable and they all respond in the same way (being tense once in a while doesn't change anything). Not wanting children, or really wishing them is a great example of spicing things up. Most sims could still be ordinary and predictable, but it would be nice if some sims were special.

I know it's up to the player to create the stories, but sims' emotions, reactions and wishes often don't match those stories.
  • Options
    ashaifeashaife Posts: 42 Member
    I feel like this would be something you could turn on and off ... like how in the gameplay options you can turn on or off autonomy. Perhaps it would be a relationships autonomy option?
  • Options
    ashaife wrote: »
    I feel like this would be something you could turn on and off ... like how in the gameplay options you can turn on or off autonomy. Perhaps it would be a relationships autonomy option?

Great idea @ashaife . I would prefer to turn it off in some situations, probably.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,585 Member
    I like your idea, but I guess I would like getting the Sims 2 attraction system back even more.

Anyhow, I think it´s time for a pack that enhances romantic relationships now.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen