Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bands, Music Festivals, and "Rockstar" Career Path?

I miss being able to have my sims play instruments together and becoming rockstars. We have guitars, pianos, violins, turntables, the ability to sing, and even an organ, but no drums or bass. I feel there was lost potential here. Why have so many instruments if we can't have our sims start a band and pursue careers in music as a band? I know we have the "Musician" career path under the "Entertainer" section, but it's limited to classical music only. I think adding drums and bass, the ability for sims to play instruments together and form bands/music groups, and a career as a rockstar would be an amazing addition to this game.

Having my sims jam was one of my favorite things to do in The Sims 2, and I really wish it were possible to do so in The Sims 4. Maybe there could be an interaction to try to recruit other sims into your band, sell tickets to music festivals/concerts, start a social media page advertising your band, etc. The Rockstar career could involve playing gigs, writing songs, making albums, and increasing your fanbase and record sales. Heck, maybe sims could go to music festivals as well, like a Sims version of Coachella, Ozzfest, or Rock am Ring.

Just something I've been thinking about. Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea?

Comments

• Options
    GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    I would like to see everything you said @FujiSushi, in combination with a fame system. Sims would have to increase their fame, either through being good at what they do or through scandals/connections/media coverage etc.
  • Options
    FujiSushiFujiSushi Posts: 55 Member
    @Goldilock That's a good suggestion. Having sims become superstars would be pretty cool. There're already mad scientists and business tycoons, so I don't see why your suggestion would be out of the realm of possibility.