The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townie Ghosts Driving Me Crazy!

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know how to get rid of the overpopulation of townie ghosts in my game? I'm playing a legacy so I don't want to cull every ghost (I'd like some of my older generations to stick around, or at the very least to remain on the family tree), but I want to get rid of the tons of townies who have died and continue to hang around and constantly fill up venues. I tried visiting various homes to look for urns/tombstones (to release to the spirit world) and couldn't find any. These ghosts also do not show up in manage households for me to delete. Does anybody know how to remove them? Thanks so much in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    If you are not opposed to mods I would suggest using the MC Command Center Mod. You can change setting to clean out the ghosts. The other method is to go to household management and delete those household one by one.

deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    Hello
    This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the ghost settings or other settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-threa
  • Options
    DaphneLunaDaphneLuna Posts: 86 Member
    I'll give it a try! Thank you both!!
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I use MC Commander to cull ghosts too. And if I see stray ones wandering about that haven't been culled yet, I usually use MC to delete them. It got super annoying and a little awkward when my whole friends panel was dead people.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    @SageRainWillow haha I know right! They're EVERYWHERE. So with MC Commander you can delete them one by one? I don't want to mass-cull them because I don't want to risk my legacy generations disappearing from the family tree.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    DaphneLuna wrote: »
    @SageRainWillow haha I know right! They're EVERYWHERE. So with MC Commander you can delete them one by one? I don't want to mass-cull them because I don't want to risk my legacy generations disappearing from the family tree.

Yes, if you see them around town, click them, go to MC Commander, choose "Sim Commands", and then click Delete Sim. Totally removes them from the game as if they never had been there. So yes, you can do it one by one if you don't want to lose your family trees. Just make sure to check your culling options and make sure the ghosts are not set to mass cull (I think that's disabled by default, but it wouldn't hurt to check.)

One way to ghostbust your town is go to a bar on Ghost Night and just clean house. Or call up your dead friends, invite them over, send them to the netherworld forcefully.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I get rid of ghosts too. I prefer the way ghosts in the sims used to be.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I use MCCC too and there's an option to make hidden households visible. So with that you can also see all ghosts, NPC's, etc. (Except some special NPC's like the Grim Reaper.) So with those ghosts visible, I delete the townie ghosts through Manage Households, and keep the ghosts of my family tree. I do it this way :)
  • Options
    DaphneLuna wrote: »

Yes, if you see them around town, click them, go to MC Commander, choose "Sim Commands", and then click Delete Sim. Totally removes them from the game as if they never had been there. So yes, you can do it one by one if you don't want to lose your family trees. Just make sure to check your culling options and make sure the ghosts are not set to mass cull (I think that's disabled by default, but it wouldn't hurt to check.)

One way to ghostbust your town is go to a bar on Ghost Night and just clean house. Or call up your dead friends, invite them over, send them to the netherworld forcefully.

Amazing, thank you!! I had no idea about this.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sorry to necro this thread.
    I don't like using mods, so is there a non-mod solution to ghost townies?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Go into Manage Worlds and then Manage Sims if the ghosts are in households (either in world or not-in-world) you can simply delete them from there.

If they're not shown as being in a household then try to befriend them add them to your household then go into CAS and delete them.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Go into Manage Worlds and then Manage Sims if the ghosts are in households (either in world or not-in-world) you can simply delete them from there.

If they're not shown as being in a household then try to befriend them add them to your household then go into CAS and delete them.

Thank, I shall try that :smile:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    For no mod users, you could try what I did with aliens. Because of alien nights and ghosts nights in GT it's not weird for your town to generate these sims. What I do is that occasionally I go to world management and delete all the unwanted sims I've got there. They should be in unplayed households. I can do it with aliens so I'm guessing it works for ghosts too
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

Sometimes I use testingcheats true and then shift-click the sim to get a cheat to add them to the family instantly.