Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampirism Entrance

It doesn't work. She'll do the animation but nothing opens.

Comments

• Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I was just trying it, and came here to see if anyone else had the same problem. It's really annoying because I think it adds really neat game play.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    @BatmanSimmer I kno I was really looking forward to that.
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    I don't know if it was a fluke, but I had one vampire in an apartment and vampiric entrance worked on his neighbors.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    There are already 2 topics open about this very annoying glitch/bug. I also have problems with it and right now I do not waste my points on this perk, because it simply won't function as intended...
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It didn't work for me at first, but whenever my vampire is Higher rank it works, are you sure it's not just the power failing?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    It didn't work for me at first, but whenever my vampire is Higher rank it works, are you sure it's not just the power failing?

She's a Grand Master vampire now.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Maybe it's reserved for townie vampires. They are breaking into my sims' homes with carefree abandon & distressing regularity to attack my sims. They're not happy, I'm not happy. :'(
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    For me the power works, but it works after I have been "invited" in for the first time. After the first invite in, I can go into that house anytime I wish without knocking anymore. To me this is very realistic as to the lore from shows such as Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

• Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited February 2017
    It's bugged. Just not sure in what way. I got it working the other day, in a fresh save, on a regular sim I had cheated instantly into being a vampire and cheated to grand master rank. The irony that doing it that way, I managed to get it to work. It was still finicky though. Occasionally, it would look like it had worked and then do nothing.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Valmion wrote: »
    For me the power works, but it works after I have been "invited" in for the first time. After the first invite in, I can go into that house anytime I wish without knocking anymore. To me this is very realistic as to the lore from shows such as Vampire Diaries and The Originals.

This has been my experience, too. The first time I use the power I still have to knock to get invited in, but then after that if I go back to the home I can go inside immediately without having to knock.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    @Valmion Does your vampire have the Eternally Welcome power? If so, that's a bug that needs to be fixed.

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I have the maximum vampire XP, my sim does the animation, but nothing else.
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    @Valmion Does your vampire have the Eternally Welcome power? If so, that's a bug that needs to be fixed.

No, I don't use the power, since after that first invite, I can go inside anytime. Thus, it is really the same as what the power offers, except for needing that first invite and that is an easy play around for me.