Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Might be in a mood for a mod to fix kitchen issues

So, let me first explain my annoyance, in the hopes that someone will send me a link to a mod that will fix said annoyance

famly of 5 sims, 2 adults and 3 kids.
everyone is hungry
adults go in to make meals.
they both make themselves a single meal
Kids eat cereal.

Alternate scenario
I tell an adult to make a family meal
everyone else decides right now is a great time to come to the kitchen and eat cereal.

It isn't a huge huge deal, but it is annoying, especially when a real meal fills sims better/longer/faster than cereal.
I can't be the only one who gets annoyed with it. has anyone fixed it though?
Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
Cube was quite all night. Once again
Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
No movement.
No change in measurements.
End of entry

Comments

• Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    I agree. I generally turn off free will at mealtime. It is really the only way, otherwise this and the fact that every single member of the family, with the exception of toddlers jumps up to wash the dishes.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,648 Member
    I don't know if there's a fix for it but why don't you actually instruct an adult to wake up early before everyone else to make a meal?

That's what I always do in my game and it seems to work fine. I usually tell the others to bathe or use the toilet first while that one sim is cooking.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I don't know if there's a fix for it but why don't you actually instruct an adult to wake up early before everyone else to make a meal?

That's what I always do in my game and it seems to work fine. I usually tell the others to bathe or use the toilet first while that one sim is cooking.

there is a glitch in my game that keeps cancling actions.. I'm trying that though.
    I just hired a butler and she is keeping meals on the counter.. so that is helping too
    Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
    Cube was quite all night. Once again
    Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
    No movement.
    No change in measurements.
    End of entry
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    This would be my favourite mod if it exists. This is probably the thing that irritates me the most in the game lol. I try to set them up tonother tasks while my sim is cooking, but the other sims still manage to sneak up to the fridge regardless. In the meantime, I usually get one sim to make a party size serving when no one is hungry and put it in the fridge for leftovers and they'll autonomously eat that instead of quick meal, or I'll instruct them to eat the leftovers all at the same time if I want a family to sit down together. And if theyre being really uncooperative, I'll drag the servings to the place settings on the table myslef and make them sit and eat that way.