Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Test Condition for Installed Packs

ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I'm looking for a way to require the player to have a certain pack in order to access certain parts of a mod. I know there's a test type named "is_entitled" that is used by the Spooky Party event, and checks to see if the player has unlocked the special edition content. Can this also be used to check for packs? And if so, where can I find the number for each pack? (Specifically, I need the number for EP02 [Get Together] and EP03 [City Living])
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @Zerbu,

There is no test that does precisely what you are looking for. The problem with "is_entitled" for packs is that a person may be entitled to a pack (i.e. has purchased it), but may not have it installed currently. In which case the test would return true but content is not actually available.

There is a python side check that can be made via "is_available_pack", which will tell you if the pack is actually installed. This just uses the code side pack enums (i.e. EP02=9, EP03=24)

-SGMS
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    Thanks for the response!

It sounds like adding a Python script would be too much effort for everything I have planned for it (the mod is overdue as it is) so I may just compromise by putting the tuning for features that require packs in separate .package files, so the player can just not include them if they don't have the pack.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top