Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1.69 CAW - Broken EIG

Hey :) I am happily playing in CAW but no matter what I do or how long I wait, EIG just does absolutely nothing and does not load. It does not even crash - cos that would be something. Makes no difference if I have Mods in or out, or DCCache and DCBackup in or out ... nothing. Besides that, it functions well enough. I have installed 1.69's version 3 times but to no avail. Also, it seems that since 1.69, less of our game goodies are now available in CAW - I noticed a bunch of items on SimsWiki which I don't have available. I own everything ever created for Sims 3 - so it is not that. I would obviously love to add lots to my CAW world. I have looked all over and tried everything - this Forum post is my final attempt. For today ...
❤️✿ I have a speech impediment ... my foot ✿❤️
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/ddutoit

Comments

• Options
    ddutoitddutoit Posts: 147 Member
    edited November 2016
    Oh and I am not using anything custom - besides a few terrain paints. PLUS, 1.69 broke a bunch of store items - these items are without their store icons and if you use any of them in an upload to the Exchange, it WILL fail to upload - 1.69 happened a year ago and yet no attempt has been made to fix the issues it created. Has anyone at EA even made any empty promises to look into the issues?
    Post edited by ddutoit on
  • Options
    Dr_NonsequiturDr_Nonsequitur Posts: 77 Member
    When I was building a world I had problems occasionally after installing that exported world into my game. Deleting The Sims 3 folder seemed to help but things would start vanishing from CAW and from game although the Launcher still showed them as installed. I reinstalled CC but that didn't work either - "content already installed - even after a fresh Sims 3 game play folder was generated. Someone with more experience could explain what's going on here better...

What I ended up doing was using Revo Uninstaller to completely remove any trace of The Sims 3 from my system and removing all trace of Origin. I reinstalled Origin and only the active EP's and SP's I was going to use for creating my world. I left the Mods folder out and tried CAW to use EIG. All worked fine.

I did notice that NRaas MC-Progression, Integration, and Error Trap would no longer work and would crash EIG or the Launcher. For some reason these three modules broke, Re-downloading them didn't work either. Verify that any NRaas tool you use is the proper version for your game version. Using Origin's "Repair" game option did not work for this problem - a full reinstall of the entire Sims 3 game system and Origin were the only thing that worked for me. Do not use the "Uninstall" option through Origin as this only removes the "Origin Games" folders and doesn't remove broken registry entries. Be sure to manually remove your "The Sims 3" game folder from your Documents folder before beginning your re-install.

So...
    If you're still having problems - take it back to the beginning.
    1. Save all your CC, worlds and anything you have - move or rename your The Sims 3 folder.
    2. Make a note to the URL or have a copy of the latest Origin Client downloaded.
    3. Uninstall (using a good 3rd party uninstaller) do not use Origins "Repair" or "Uninstall" options from Origin Client.
    4. Reinstall Origin Client
    5. Reinstall The Sims 3 base game. I like to initialize the Sims 3 base game by starting the Launcher and exiting before beginning the install of the other EP's and Sp's I want.
    6. Transfer all the CC and other content from your old "Downloads" folder you had in The Sims 3 - run the Launcher and install your content.
    7. Do not install your Mods folder yet.
    8. Launch the game and check to see if your content is all there...

If all is working - close out the game, use Task Manager to end the process of Origin.
    Start CAW, load the world you were working on, and try to add lots or otherwise edit in CAW
    Try CAW-EIG. Make sure you regroup Trees, Rebuild Routing Data, and save your world under another name before entering EIG
  • Options
    Dr_NonsequiturDr_Nonsequitur Posts: 77 Member
    A word - any content you have from The Store and anything you have that you know is not working correctly may need to be downloaded again from The Store. Or a copy of the original Sims3pack or Package file needs to be used. Just be sure to delete the old so there is no confusion on which one is working and which one is not - they both have the same name... You can use Delphy to check for corrupted but sometimes it's just easier trashing out the old and questionable, and replace with new and fresh...
  • Options
    ddutoitddutoit Posts: 147 Member
    Hello :) Thank you for the advice. Yes a fresh start is always good if you cannot figure out a problem. But my game is entirely fresh and new as I have a new PC. The new PC is also the reason I am now on 1.69 which I managed to avoid happily for a long time. So ... win some, lose some :) I am also a mad user of my registry cleaner as I like my PC super neat. I even tried the EIG Starter but maybe this is a little old now - it cannot get me past the 1.69 startup either. Oh well ...