Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

abductions

has anyone had abductions in the city???

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2016
    has anyone had abductions in the city???

I know they can happen in public space (seen it happen, though in OS not the city), so I don't see why not. Not sure about balconies that are covered over though.
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    I did! on the first night my sim was in the city. It was the first time I've had an abduction, too.
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    I had an abductions during the humor and hijinks festival!
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    @sekojrana @pendragon1980 I'm so jealous! :starts looking for abductions: lol Maybe I should have accepted that invitation to alien night at the bar. lol
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited November 2016
    I don't have city life as of yet, but honestly I have had only one abduction since aliens came out and zero baby aliens. I had terrible luck with it before they lowered the chances, and since they lowered the chances I have had zero luck.
  • Options
    It's strange, @Ceres_Meiriona because my sim knows no aliens and has never attended an alien night, and has no logic skill! I have no idea what triggered it! @EmmaVane she was in her aprtment when the interaction queued up and ran outside from the apartment and down the street a little to where she was abducted. So iI guess thats how they got around covered balconies? The building was actually taller than the ufo and it kinda clipped into the side of it.
  • Options
    nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    edited November 2016
    To the people that have been abducted: what was your Sim doing at the time? Anything special? sekorjrana, just read your comment after I posted this (blush). Interesting abduction. I have been wanting to see an abduction in the game but have not yet.
  • Options
    nkthgrt wrote: »
    To the people that have been abducted: what was your Sim doing at the time? Anything special? sekorjrana, just read your comment after I posted this (blush). Interesting abduction. I have been wanting to see an abduction in the game but have not yet.

Yeah, it was my first time and I've had GTW since release and my other main household has a scientist and it's never been triggered. My sim that was abducted was heckling a street performer just before she went home though, so maybe the performer was an alien in disguise and out for revenge? Lol

I think using the observatory/rocket and collectimg space rocks will increase your chances though. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    I don't have city life as of yet, but honestly I have had only one abduction since aliens came out and zero baby aliens. I had terrible luck with it before they lowered the chances, and since they lowered the chances I have had zero luck.

I never experienced abduction, I dunno if there's something suppose to trigger it, but ya I never got a sim getting abducted.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    PrincessMeiPrincessMei Posts: 1,319 Member
    I had sims abducted several times and they did nothing, it just happened randomly.
    sprinkler.gif
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    In my game it's endless. I've grown fond of Aliens.

CwyZ8y6UkAAEBrR.jpg
    CrdalAsUEAEnzCv.jpg
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    @dizzydee _K brilliant pictures.

I was playing into the early hours and this happened, the whole family were fast asleep, I'm playing the Bheeds at this time. anyway dad got up, "what's happening?"
    11-10-16_1-31-51nbspAM_zpsqof2toxx.png
    so I pause it so I can get some better pics
    11-10-16_1-35-17nbspAM_zpscxtkmmnt.png
    I think this last one was coming back.
    11-10-16_1-35-48nbspAM_zpsjaiots12.png

His wife had a baby girl the next day and he got the flickering light around his belly the day after. :D I'm so excited. ;)
  • Options
    Oh no :p twins
    11-10-16_2-46-25nbspPM_zpswbrct8lq.png
    11-10-16_2-47-12nbspPM_zpspcvni65b.png
    11-10-16_2-46-43nbspPM_zpseqhi2qqt.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    I just had one.
    My sim is good friends with an alien.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I had one. The space ship looks good in the fashion district.
    ZhwztJB.png
    DnHmlcL.png
    As you can see, the sim who got abducted is an alien himself. He's not in the science career or anything, he's an active, basket ball playing computer geek who loves to cook and works as a food critic. When he was abducted, he had just returned home from a night out and was heading to bed.
  • Options
    @Tomatplante wow great pictures, did he come back pregnant??
    my sim is a programmer.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Thank you! I'm not sure if he's pregnant actually, I switched households soon after and haven't played much more. I should make sure to check next time I play. I hope he's not, he just aged up to YA and I'm not quite ready for him to raise any children yet.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    MissCherie wrote: »
    Clk1143 wrote: »

I never experienced abduction, I dunno if there's something suppose to trigger it, but ya I never got a sim getting abducted.

Supposedly if you are in the science career that increases the chance. If you get the special reward from that career you can go to their planet, and/or call them. It never worked for me, I went to an empty planet and the aliens didn't come when called lol.