Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 >>> The Sims 2(Without Ep's)

Why can't people see that?

Being able to go anywhere in the neighborhood you want!
the graphiics are brilliant
the wind,the moving clouds,sun gleaming,the ripples in the lakes and water(make me thirsty) The amazing traits,having your baby at the hospital,Creating thin,fat,curvy,muscular sims,changing their hair to any color you can imagine,roots,tips,streaks,
People who complain about this game completely forget that The Sims 2 was only interesting with expansion packs and that The Sims 3 as a stand alone game is brilliant and more realistic
It doesn't help that they have old pc's which completely has a profound impact on gameplay
I for one am one of the lucky ones who can enjoy the game with High Settings and get the complete experience of The Sims 3

looking back I realized how ******** the sims were in 2 and how bland it was without nightlife and uni
The graphics are not at great as the graphics on 3!
it just depends on your computer!

Comments

• Options
    DolletDollet Posts: 2,322 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Tony89 wrote:

the wind,the moving clouds,sun gleaming,the ripples in the lakes and water(make me thirsty) The amazing traits,having your baby at the hospital,Creating thin,fat,curvy,muscular sims,changing their hair to any color you can imagine,roots,tips,streaks,
    People who complain about this game completely forget that The Sims 2 was only interesting with expansion packs and that The Sims 3 as a stand alone game is brilliant and more realistic
    It doesn't help that they have old pc's which completely has a profound impact on gameplay
    I for one am one of the lucky ones who can enjoy the game with High Settings and get the complete experience of The Sims 3

looking back I realized how ******** the sims were in 2 and how bland it was without nightlife and uni

You sir, have my respect. 8)
  • Options
    trishajotrishajo Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No, I totally agree. This is just the base game. The personalities of each individual Sim is one of the greatest assets to the game. Seamless game play, a scale of weight, muscle, skin tone...it just seems ho-hum at the moment because we don't have all the exciting things we had with Sims 2. But they will come...oh and it will be awesome! I love the Sims 3 way way more then S2, once we get more "things to do" it will become more and more interesting.
  • Options
    blueyed_qt11blueyed_qt11 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah you said that very well!!!! So true i totally agree with you :)
  • Options
    derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with your points about the game itself Tony. You're spot on about that! It is pretty amazing game.
  • Options
    VelvetineVelvetine Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone said it. I would have, but I probably would have came off as very angry. >.< I do that a lot. lol

My grandma is still playing Sims 2 and there is NO WAY I could go back. It's ludicrous.

And if one doesn't want to upgrade their computer and learn how, then don't play these newer games. Technology changes, so change with it. It's that simple. It sucks, but it's very true. That's why I'm very interested with computers now.
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have to post screencaps of my sims on the beach during sunset it's soo amazing!
  • Options
    Sim2Kid405Sim2Kid405 Posts: 205 Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree with you, but it also was the same on sims 2 it the graphics, it depends on your video card on what graphics you see, but yes we can compare them in steps, for each new series of a game that comes out goes like this.

1. Sims 1 graphics at the best for it's time at a 2d look.
    2. Sims 2 brings on the 3D look and is way better then the Sims 1 graphics.
    3. Sims 3 well lets break it down like this.

1. Sims already had 3D graphics, so what could EA beat and put in new things into Sims 3.

Answer:
    EA Did surprise many of us with the new addition to the sims and there was like 3 new addition to the sims that makes Sims 3 stand out by itself.

1. Roaming Neighborhood, No Loading Screens on going place's.
    2. CAS the new sliders and the way to make a new Sims the way you want them to look.
    3. The New build tools.

Then they gave us One more tool. The ability to change every object to different color, patterns anyway you want, so with the last thing i say on this.

Will you uninstall the sims 2?

I say some will and some won't.

The only reason most of everyone uninstalled The sims 1 is that it was a great game at it time but we all got spoiled by the Graphics in the Sims 2 we don't want to go back to 2d.
  • Options
    Cherokeedream44Cherokeedream44 Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2009
    :D So good to see a positive thread about the new sims3..I am enjoying my game to the fullest...I can't wait til the expansions to come out...Its so much fun...my sims live near the beach and its nice to see the moon and see the sun come up in the morning.....I have to say to me in my opinion EA really did the game justice... :D and thanks for this thread...kinda got tired of the complaining ones... :wink:
  • Options
    Cherokeedream44Cherokeedream44 Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sims2kid wrote:The only reason most of everyone uninstalled The sims 1 is that it was a great game at it time but we all got spoiled by the Graphics in the Sims 2 we don't want to go back to 2d.

You are right Sims2kid the graphics did spoil me when sims2 came out..because they were so much better than the sims1 game. I mean compared to what the people looked like from sims1 vs sims2 it was a major difference... :D

I admit I was spoiled when sims2 came out hehe :lol:
  • Options
    TackyVintageTackyVintage Posts: 98 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sorry, I don't agree with you.

I don't really care too much about wind, or clouds I never really see, the sun that doesn't make a big deal to me and the lakes and water are okay I guess. The neighborhood is nice and all but there is only so much you can really do with it and more or less it's all simply rabbit holes.

The traits are alright, but nothing that makes the game TOO stupendous. Having the baby at the hospital is hardly as interesting as the scenes in Sims2.
    CAS is in fact superior in Sims 3 and I do like that there are plenty of things that were in the Sims 2 game play that I think should have seriously been in Sims 3. As for the overly used expansion pack excuse I don't agree things I liked about Sim 2 were already in the base game.

To me Sims 3 is really just all bells and whistles and about how things look and as amazing as they do look I can't help but feel something about the game play in itself is lacking.

Oh sure, I'll still play Sims 3 and there ARE a good deal of things I like about it, like easily making friends, but I'll be definitely keeping my eye out for the complete Sims 2 pack when it comes out.
  • Options
    nicki24nicki24 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Velvetine wrote:
    THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone said it. I would have, but I probably would have came off as very angry. >.< I do that a lot. lol

My grandma is still playing Sims 2 and there is NO WAY I could go back. It's ludicrous.

And if one doesn't want to upgrade their computer and learn how, then don't play these newer games. Technology changes, so change with it. It's that simple. It sucks, but it's very true. That's why I'm very interested with computers now.

It's not that I DONT want to upgrade my computer.. it's just that I can't.
    I'm a 17 year old looking for a job for the past 7-8 months, with no luck, and with 3 younger siblings, 2 of which are 3 and under..EDIT: Plus with only one employed parent.

I have enjoyed Sims since the first one.. Sims 2 played FLAWLESSLY on my computer with 5 EPs installed.. I was hoping for the same. But I need a better graphics card and more RAM. It runs like a snail.. I gave up after it took 10 mins for one sim to walk over to the other to talk.
  • Options
    katelyn_ykatelyn_y Posts: 240 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would take the sims 3 over the sims 2 ANY DAY. people don't realize that we went from sims 2 at its peak (aka with all the expansions) to the base game of sims 3. think back to the base game of sims 2..it was crap..actually sims 2, compared to sims 3 now that i can see the comparisons, was crap in general. biggest difference = no waiting screens <3
  • Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well...I DON'T agree.

XD

I'm kiddding, yes I agree, sir. xD
  • Options
    dederektdederekt Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Church!! Say is again my brother!

I for one am very sick of the biziching also.
  • Options
    SilentSpySilentSpy Posts: 102 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think the game is great, I'd just love to see the bugs fixed up; less complaints with story progression (more options/controls over story progression and aging would be nice - like being able to turn it on for the NPCs but not for the PCs so that -your- Sims aren't doing things without you); and cutscenes like in TS2.

But yes, the game is definitely great. Just a few annoyances.
  • Options
    PsychoMaze26PsychoMaze26 Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /me stand up ovation

Well said, OP... well said =^_^=
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2009
    Tony89 wrote:

1. Being able to go anywhere in the neighborhood you want!
    2. the graphiics are brilliant
    3. the wind,the moving clouds,sun gleaming,the ripples in the lakes and water(make me thirsty)
    4. The amazing traits,having your baby at the hospital,
    5. Creating thin,fat,curvy,muscular sims,changing their hair to any color you can imagine,roots,tips,streaks,
    6. People who complain about this game completely forget that The Sims 2 was only interesting with expansion packs and that The Sims 3 as a stand alone game is brilliant and more realistic
    1. Can you see inside of the juice bar or an assortment of other buildings? What's the point in going there if I'm left outside wondering what's going on inside. B O R I N G to the max!
    2. I agree, the graphics are nice, I have no problem with cartoony graphics, in fact I prefer them.
    3. I like the trees, but no weather is just a big bomb. Leaving out rain, thunder, lightening is bunk.
    4. I like the traits, no arguement from me there. Riding to the hospital on a bicycle ot have a baby is stupid and lame at best, where's the ambulance?
    5. The sliders need more slide to them, they don't go nearly far enough to make it fun. The hair is nice but the hairstyles are severely lacking.
    6. Because the original Sims 2 was boring and dull means that sims 3 should be? What happened to taking the original and building onto that to make it better? It's unfortunate but too many in the sims community have grown complacent and are willing to accept that they will be paying full price $50.00 for a game that is only a half game.

It needs work, it needs content, and I don't mean it needs expansion pack content, it needs free content to make it worth the $50.00 *full game price by any other standard) price tag in my opinon (and obviously many other peoples as well as shown by the moaning that happened during the first week of release.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Sorry, I don't agree with you.

I don't really care too much about wind, or clouds I never really see, the sun that doesn't make a big deal to me and the lakes and water are okay I guess. The neighborhood is nice and all but there is only so much you can really do with it and more or less it's all simply rabbit holes.

The traits are alright, but nothing that makes the game TOO stupendous. Having the baby at the hospital is hardly as interesting as the scenes in Sims2.
    CAS is in fact superior in Sims 3 and I do like that there are plenty of things that were in the Sims 2 game play that I think should have seriously been in Sims 3. As for the overly used expansion pack excuse I don't agree things I liked about Sim 2 were already in the base game.

To me Sims 3 is really just all bells and whistles and about how things look and as amazing as they do look I can't help but feel something about the game play in itself is lacking.

Oh sure, I'll still play Sims 3 and there ARE a good deal of things I like about it, like easily making friends, but I'll be definitely keeping my eye out for the complete Sims 2 pack when it comes out.
    Oh I totally see where you're coming from
    But I must say
    I beleive that the Sims 3 is the beginning of the greatness yet to come
    The base game proved to all fans that now our sims can step into the world around them and explore
    it's also proving that we can create any virtual person we want or plz and create and customize any object and any piece of clothing
    we cant go into most of the buldings yet
    but I have no doubt that we will soon enough!
    in The sims 2 everything was limited
    you only had what 4 hair colors to choose from?
    loading screens,no personality in the seems and the game itself
    I mentioned having the baby at the hospital because it is indeed a major addiction to the game and the reality it adds
    who wants to have a baby in 10 seconds at home with the stupid ooh oohh and the sim fanning their self
    so lame!
    and the moodlets are such a great additon you can actually see what your seem is feelings if they're in pain or compfortable and dont even get me started on the new party addition
    being able to throw parties anywhere and setting clothing options gives you the ability to have themes for your parties the new story progression makes it even more realnot to mention the body types
    everysim had the same exact body and bland outfits
    THE ONLY REASON the sims didnt sizzle out was because people downlooaded loads of custom content and objects to the game to keep it interesting and to make their characters look more realistic.
    without custom content,clothing and objects the game would of been really boring!
    you no longer have to grow up and go to college leaving behind the other teen sims and the friends you made when you were a toddler are now hanging out with your kids
    The Sims 3 is here and it's a BIg step up from The Sims 2IMO
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I seriously love you for this thread!

Everyone got used to the fact that our sims can do this, and do that, but.. these things came in the EPs and not in the Base Game. The Sims 3 *at the moment* is only the Base Game. Our sims will soon start to do wonderful things guys! You just need to wait for EA to start pressing out their wonderful EPs!
  • Options
    SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally Agree! 100 & 1%!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    we cant go inside the buildings yet
    but it's still kinda fun to know that my sim is at an actual basketball game and hear the crowds booing and cheering and the fact that you can see the score as the game progressed is cool!
    and the moodlets are such a fun addition
    my preg sim had morning sickness and a achy back when she was preg
    and when she was preg she had the preg symbol in her moodlet it's just so cool how smarter the sims are now
  • Options
    GoddessNoireGoddessNoire Posts: 769 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Tony89 wrote:

I was a hater of TS3 at first, but as I played the game more there are so many crazy things that people have no idea about that even TS2 did not offer. I look at the forums everyday and there is always something new that someone found out that you can do with your sim because of his or her traits. You're right the graphics are amazing. I love the way the sun beams into the windows in the morning. It is absolutely spectacular. I find myself positioning the windows a certain way because I love the way the sun lights up the house. That is something TS2 did not have. I don't have the best graphic card and I'm getting a better one and can't wait to see the TS3 with my new graphic card, but even with my old one the sunset and sunrise look amazing, especially if you live by the beach.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Tony89 wrote:

I was a hater of TS3 at first, but as I played the game more there are so many crazy things that people have no idea about that even TS2 did not offer. I look at the forums everyday and there is always something new that someone found out that you can do with your sim because of his or her traits. You're right the graphics are amazing. I love the way the sun beams into the windows in the morning. It is absolutely spectacular. I find myself positioning the windows a certain way because I love the way the sun lights up the house. That is something TS2 did not have. I don't have the best graphic card and I'm getting a better one and can't wait to see the TS3 with my new graphic card, but even with my old one the sunset and sunrise look amazing, especially if you live by the beach.
    ahh YES! esp if u live on the beach very beautiful
    I have Nvidia and thats the graphics that The Sims 3 is being advertised with
    im so lucky! to have Nvidia im getting like the complete gaming experience
  • Options
    GoddessNoireGoddessNoire Posts: 769 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Jalida wrote:
    1. Can you see inside of the juice bar or an assortment of other buildings? What's the point in going there if I'm left outside wondering what's going on inside. B O R I N G to the max!

To be honest, I was kind of upset about that too at first, however I've changed my tune on that. Even in the base game of TS2, although you could go around town, the loading screens were horrible, and yes I could go to the grocery store or the little town area, buying clothes was a pain and expensive. In fact I rarely left my house because I hated the load screens, I don't care about going inside the building really, they give me a list of groceries I check what I want, same thing with books. That's kind of sweet. If TS2 had this in their base game we would all be stoked.
    2. I agree, the graphics are nice, I have no problem with cartoony graphics, in fact I prefer them.
    3. I like the trees, but no weather is just a big bomb. Leaving out rain, thunder, lightening is bunk.
    The graphics are really nice and way better than TS2 especially if you have a good graphics card, I'm going to get a ATI Radeon 4890 and can't wait to see how great it will look. The weather thing people should not complain about. We had to wait like five expansions just to get seasons in TS2.
    4. I like the traits, no arguement from me there. Riding to the hospital on a bicycle ot have a baby is stupid and lame at best, where's the ambulance?
    Oh come on, don't let that be your complaint about TS3 because they don't have an ambulance. You can take your sim in a taxi if that bothers you, I mean not everyone that has a baby in real life rides in an ambulance. Hell in TS2, I hated when they had kids and it would go to that cut away scene, I always skipped it. I like the fact that they can take a taxi to the hospital.
    5. The sliders need more slide to them, they don't go nearly far enough to make it fun. The hair is nice but the hairstyles are severely lacking.
    Okay yah there could be more hairstyles, but in TS2 they had hairstyles that weren't even realistic and very boring. I like the TS3 hairstyles and I like the fact that you can do so much more with the hairstyle. Just the color thing is amazing.

6. Because the original Sims 2 was boring and dull means that sims 3 should be? What happened to taking the original and building onto that to make it better? It's unfortunate but too many in the sims community have grown complacent and are willing to accept that they will be paying full price $50.00 for a game that is only a half game.

It needs work, it needs content, and I don't mean it needs expansion pack content, it needs free content to make it worth the $50.00 *full game price by any other standard) price tag in my opinon (and obviously many other peoples as well as shown by the moaning that happened during the first week of release.

TS3 does need a little work with bugs, but as a base game it is far superior to TS2. Think of all the things TS2 had in its base game that TS3 has now. I like the fact that my sims have all the clothes and I don't have shop downtown for them. I like the seamless aspect. I like the fact that there is more than one way to skill up. I like the fact that I can turn on my squad car lights (hehe, and I think it makes you drive around faster). I like the fact you can get arrested, your sim friends age with you, I can go on. I think people groaned during the first week (and I was one of them) because we were so used to TS2 with all its expansions that it was a shock to go to TS3 and not have things like weather, but now i realize that this game is absoultely awesome even as a base game. I think the grumbling has slowed down considerabley as more people have played the game, and I would even venture to say that those people who were groaning, have probably quit their mumbling as they have gotten a chance to play the game for a week.