Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Visit neighbors without loading screens

Can EA make an update, which we can travel in the same neighborhood without loading screen

Comments

• Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Sorry but will won't never happen :pensive:
  • Options
    AfrochiomaAfrochioma Posts: 16 Member
    Is that for sure ? 'cause it shouldn't be that hard, they'd only have to unlock the three of four lots on each neighborhoods ! It's already mostly open and that would change a great deal to the players I think. More of a middle ground between the Sims 3 and 4.
  • Options
    MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    I do know that sidewalks and some parts of neighboring properties, usually containing harvestables, are unlocked, but to unlock entire households, even one or two immediately adjacent to the one that is being played, would mean their contents and Sims would also load into the game and I believe their rationale for the "closed world" to begin with was to keep the resource demands low enough so as to be played on non-gamer or older computers.

Though I like the idea, I don't see them as enabling this, even if it were as simple as it seems. It goes back to the basic programming of the game, not just a patch. It would also affect the "minimum system requirements" as published on the TS 4 game disk (for those of us who bought in the beginning) or similar "fine print" online.
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I hate the feeling I get from this game it's like I'm in a box I don't like it, it all feels to squashed together and rushed, I feel like my sims are the only sims alive and everyone else is a hologram or illusion, I miss the sense of exploration we used to have and I really don't like the small worlds and the sim team's need to add loading screens between houses it's 2016 we don't need loading screens between houses EA! I would love to see my neighbors actually leave there house and get on with daily life but no I don't see that and it leaves me with an empty and isolating feeling because my sims are the only ones progressing and I watch everyone walk by my house getting older and having nothing to show for it at all. I miss how sims I wasn't playing with could have babies with others and progress as I progressed in the game and to add insult to injury! Every time I go to the gym or bar I see the same people every time, the feeling I get is like were in a play and everything around my sim Is a backdrop and the people within the community lots are just casted NPC's in a squashed together game of nothingness. We need something to add more life because it's just so empty and crowded. Oh and back onto the topic of loading screens between houses if you zoom into the houses everything is loaded in full resolution, so what is the point of the loading screen if everything is already fully loaded...
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    Sorry but will won't never happen :pensive:

how do YOU know that?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We've been told from the start the game was not set up that way so older computers can run it smoothly and everyone gets a good gaming experience.
  • Options
    auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    Yubell wrote: »
    I hate the feeling I get from this game it's like I'm in a box I don't like it, it all feels to squashed together and rushed, I feel like my sims are the only sims alive and everyone else is a hologram or illusion, I miss the sense of exploration we used to have and I really don't like the small worlds and the sim team's need to add loading screens between houses it's 2016 we don't need loading screens between houses EA! I would love to see my neighbors actually leave there house and get on with daily life but no I don't see that and it leaves me with an empty and isolating feeling because my sims are the only ones progressing and I watch everyone walk by my house getting older and having nothing to show for it at all. I miss how sims I wasn't playing with could have babies with others and progress as I progressed in the game and to add insult to injury! Every time I go to the gym or bar I see the same people every time, the feeling I get is like were in a play and everything around my sim Is a backdrop and the people within the community lots are just casted NPC's in a squashed together game of nothingness. We need something to add more life because it's just so empty and crowded. Oh and back onto the topic of loading screens between houses if you zoom into the houses everything is loaded in full resolution, so what is the point of the loading screen if everything is already fully loaded...
    This is exactly how i feel. When they first said the neighbourhoods were divided into parts i thought we could go into one part of them and walk around freely, go into community buildings etc and even that felt limiting after sims 3.

Now i can walk around, stand in front of a café and even see the furniture inside but i just can't go in there, i have to go through a loading screen.
    I don't know if it's just me but i try to avoid loading screens cause when they appear i can just feel that i'm losing interest in the game by the second i'm playing and get the urge to close the game.
  • Options
    MinecraftdSimmerMinecraftdSimmer Posts: 561 Member
    As much as I would want that, it most likely will not happen. It sounds easy, just unlock those lots, well its note. The core of the game would have to be changed and why would they bother with that?

As for the second part, all the people who are saying that it is closed so everyone can play and have a good time, that is the biggest lie EVER!

You believe those lies EA spews out? No, thats not why. The Sims 4 is closed world because it was going to be online and for an online game, you need loading screens more point blanks AND THE PERIOD!
  • Options
    kcking2371kcking2371 Posts: 39 Member
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSS ! I'm glad they opened up parts of the neighborhood, but I'd really like to go to my neighbors house without the wait, or even when your in the areas where the bars, gym and what not is in..TS3 ruined not having loading screens for us, cause we got so used to it, and now it's like they took a step back.
  • Options
    XoxNicolexoXXoxNicolexoX Posts: 119 Member
    I personally think this would be good, but with EA you never know. I personally don't mind the loading screens, it brings nostalgia to me (sims 2). What I think would be cool though if you could actually see you neighbors sitting on their porches or see kids playing in the yard. The neighborhood is just too dull. I'd love to see a neighbor get abducted one day lol.
    rsz_simsgurunicole.png