Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

100 Baby Challenge - New Rules

SakuraJonesSakuraJones Posts: 72 Member
So I've decided to try out the 100 baby challenge, but I couldn't find any rules that I would enjoy playing with. So here is two versions of my 100 baby challenge. Could also be a legacy challenge, if wished.

Version 1: (This version is the one I will be playing and more set to my likes/dislikes.)
-The founder must be female of Young Adult age.
-Her must have traits include: Nurturing. Family Oriented. (The rest is up to you. But I would suggest a skill that will help her make some money. Examples: Artistic or Angler, but this would take up a lot of time, or Photographer's Eye)
-Your Founder can never have a job. Not even self-employed.
-Your Founder can, though, inherit one house of any size, any price. (If you have a favorite house you want to use, you may use 'motherlode' to buy it. This will be the only time you may use this cheat!! If you do not decide to purchase this specific house right as the game starts, you can not use this method later on in the game, even the 2nd day!!)
-Or you can work and build your way up to your dream house. The choice is yours.
-Your Founder must start the game out with around 5,000K after you purchased your favorite house or a simple home/lot.
*If you have left over money from purchasing your house/lot, you must pause your game, find a public store or club, type in 'testingcheatsenabled on' and then right-click on the lot, choose 'buy/build on this lot' and spend money to upgrade it until you are around 5k!!*
*If you don't have enough money after purchasing your house/lot, you may use KACHING cheat to get you up to 5k.*

-NO MORE PERSONAL GAIN CHEATS WILL BE ALLOWED!
-Your Founder most have 100 babies to compete this challenge. This is not a 'your founder has 5 kids and then you play the kids and add more children to your 0-100 score' challenge. This Challenge is you're STARTER SIM has 100 babies.
*I suggest playing on Epic lifespan.*
----This challenge also involves only one partner/father of children. Now if this male sim dies early, you may choose another sim from town to continue your game.----
-Your Founder can start out the game with one male sim in family. If you choose this option - This male sim will become your boyfriend, fiancé and then husband, (in that order, you can not start the game as anything above boyfriend & girlfriend!!). If you marry this sim, you can move him out later, but you must keep having children with him. No cheating on him and having babies with other townie sims.
-After a week of marriage, you must move the husband out, to make room for all the children. Again no cheating on him.
*I suggest moving him right next door, so you can find him easily.*
-The Founder may only move into her husband's house when she is passed child-bearing age.
-Also you can set this male sim in town and go about it that way. In which you wont have to marry him, but you must at least become boyfriend/girlfriend with him.
-ALSO, if you become BF/GF or Engaged or Married to him or any other male sim in game, you can not add children from other male sims to your 100 babies score until your significant other is broken up or divorced or dies or moves out of the town completely.
-No other male sims (I mean unrelated to your Founder, of course) may live or move-in with your Founder.
-Infants may be aged up after 2 days of gameplay.
-Toddlers must have learned to walk, talk and use the potty....
-Children must learn 2 skills and have at least a level of 2 in each of the skills....
-Teens must learn 2 skills and have at least a level 2 in each...
....BEFORE TODDLERS. CHILDREN AND TEENS CAN BE AGED UP.
-Teens are allowed a part-time job.
-Young Adults must be moved out of the house within 3 days of them turning this age status. They can't have a full-time job during those 3 days!
-Teens may talk or play with babies/toddlers, but they are not allowed to teach them anything, walking, talking, using the potty. Same with Young Adults you have in-house before moving them out.
-You may hire a maid or in-home butler, but you can not let them help with the babies or toddlers.
-You can only hire a babysitter if you absolutely have to leave the house for some reason, like giving birth or selling garden produce to the supermarket for cash.
-You may only have 8 Sims TOTAL in your household. If you are using a Mod that increasing this limit, DO NOT exceed 8 total or just don't use it!!
----When you're Founder sim is reaching the end of her life, you may use the Watermelon cheat to have one more baby girl to continue the game, [If you do not have a female heir, from your last pregnancy, already] if you want to Legacy it or did not meet the 100 score with your founder. But you can not have any more children from your Founder after you do this! NO MATTER WHAT!----
-You can not use the apple or watermelon to pick the gender of your babies.
-You can only choose the first traits you get for when the baby ages up to a toddler. (Children, Teen and Young Adult traits have to be randomized)
-You may not send ANY of your children to Boarding School!!
-You may adopt children, but these children will not count to your 100 babies!
-You can have home or hospital births.
-You can use the Fertility Treatment Lifetime Reward, but others like 'no bills ever', 'Acclaimed Author', 'Age Freeze', 'Clean State', 'Young Again' or any other reward that would greatly help your sim in her day to day life, are not allowed!
-Any rewards or in-game methods to extending your Founder's life or cheating death are Prohibited.
-Rewards like 'Long Distant Friend', 'Multi-tasker', 'Observant' or 'Fast Learner' may be used to help your sim.

Okay, I think I've got everything. I'll update if I want to add more later on.
I hope everyone likes this challenge.

*UPDATE*
So I've decided to add and change a couple things. Here they are.
-Children must be on the 'Honor Roll' 3 times before they can be aged up. This replaces the original rule of having them learn 2 skills of level 2. As I forgot you can't see their skill process until teen years.
-Teens must now also have learned to drive before they can be aged up. This adds onto the rule of 2 skills of level 2.
-If you are playing with a live-in boyfriend/fiancé/husband, he is now allowed to have a full-time job.
*But the Female Founder is still not allowed to have a job, ever.*
Post edited by SakuraJones on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Here is....
    Version 2:
    -The founder must be female of Young Adult age.
    -Her must have traits include: Nurturing. Family Oriented. (The rest is up to you. But I would suggest a skill that will help her make some money. Examples: Artistic or Angler, but this would take up a lot of time, or Photographer's Eye)
    -Your Founder can never have a job. Not even self-employed.
    -Your Founder can, though, inherit one house of any size, any price. (If you have a favorite house you want to use, you may use 'motherlode' to buy it. This will be the only time you may use this cheat!! If you do not decide to purchase this specific house right as the game starts, you can not use this method later on in the game, even the 2nd day!!)
    -Or you can work and build your way up to your dream house. The choice is yours.
    -Your Founder must start the game out with around 5,000K after you purchased your favorite house or a simple home/lot.
    *If you have left over money from purchasing your house/lot, you must pause your game, find a public store or club, type in 'testingcheatsenabled on' and then right-click on the lot, choose 'buy/build on this lot' and spend money to upgrade it until you are around 5k!!*
    *If you don't have enough money after purchasing your house/lot, you may use KACHING cheat to get you up to 5k.*

-NO MORE PERSONAL GAIN CHEATS WILL BE ALLOWED!
    -Your Founder most have 100 babies to compete this challenge. This is not a 'your founder has 5 kids and then you play the kids and add more children to your 0-100 score' challenge. This Challenge is you're STARTER SIM has 100 babies.
    *I suggest playing on Epic lifespan.*
    ----This challenge involves 100 men to impregnate your Founder sim. Each Child has to have a different father, not one male sim can father 2 of your children.----
    -No other male sims (I mean unrelated to your Founder, of course) may live or move-in with your Founder.
    -Infants may be aged up after 2 days of gameplay.
    -Toddlers must have learned to walk, talk and use the potty....
    -Children must learn 2 skills and have at least a level of 2 in each of the skills....
    -Teens must learn 2 skills and have at least a level 2 in each....
    ....BEFORE TODDLERS. CHILDREN AND TEENS CAN BE AGED UP.
    -Teens are allowed a part-time job.
    -Young Adults must be moved out of the house within 3 days of them turning this age status. They can't have a full-time job during those 3 days!
    -Teens may talk or play with babies/toddlers, but they are not allowed to teach them anything, walking, talking, using the potty. Same with Young Adults you have in-house before moving them out.
    -You may hire a maid or in-home butler, but you can not let them help with the babies or toddlers.
    -You can only hire a babysitter if you absolutely have to leave the house for some reason, like giving birth or selling garden produce to the supermarket for cash.
    -You may only have 8 Sims TOTAL in your household. If you are using a Mod that increasing this limit, DO NOT exceed 8 total or just don't use it!!
    ----When you're Founder sim is reaching the end of her life, you may use the Watermelon cheat to have one more baby girl to continue the game, [If you do not have a female heir, from your last pregnancy, already] if you want to Legacy it or did not meet the 100 score with your founder. But you can not have any more children from your Founder after you do this! NO MATTER WHAT!----
    -You can not use the apple or watermelon to pick the gender of your babies.
    -You can only choose the first traits you get for when the baby ages up to a toddler. (Children, Teen and Young Adult traits have to be randomized)
    -You may not send ANY of your children to Boarding School!!
    -You may adopt children, but these children will not count to your 100 babies!
    -You can have home or hospital births.
    -You can use the Fertility Treatment Lifetime Reward, but others like 'no bills ever', 'Acclaimed Author', 'Age Freeze', 'Clean State', 'Young Again' or any other reward that would greatly help your sim in her day to day life, are not allowed!
    -Any rewards or in-game methods to extending your Founder's life or cheating death are Prohibited.
    -Rewards like 'Long Distant Friend', 'Multi-tasker', 'Observant' or 'Fast Learner' may be used to help your sim.

That's my 2 two versions of the 100 baby challenge. Enjoy!!
    And feel free to ask any questions!!

UPDATE!!
    -Twins or Triplets born from one man will count to the final 100. AS LONG as the children were born from one pregnancy.
    Post edited by SakuraJones on
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There is another cheat that will allow you to buy any house at the start up, and that is freeRealestate on
    Also to remove (or add) any extra funds, there is a cheat for this as well it is familyfunds [Familyname] #
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got rules for a town legacy version of the 100 baby challenge on my blog and my signature links to that blog.I don't allow using cheats for anything other than building or fixing a glitch like the mailbox glitching out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    lunabellelunabelle Posts: 175 Member
    It's always interesting to see the different rules that people play for this challenge :)
    Like TadOlson I have the rules I play with in my tumblr.
    Are you going to blog your challenge? :)
    Working on #100BabyChallenge #TwiggsLegacy
    Now up to baby number 64!
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I don't think I could ever do this challenge. I have trouble keeping up with a "normal" family of three or more. Every single one of my Sims would be miserable, and so would I. This sounds more like a nightmare to me than fun gameplay. I honestly raise a toast to anyone who can do challenges like this.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    I don't think I could ever do this challenge. I have trouble keeping up with a "normal" family of three or more. Every single one of my Sims would be miserable, and so would I. This sounds more like a nightmare to me than fun gameplay. I honestly raise a toast to anyone who can do challenges like this.

I really enjoyed about 80% of my time playing the 100 baby challenge. I had Nraas mods, so the smallest my household every was, was like 13 sims. Usually I had around 16-18. I wouldn't do this challenge without Nraas mods to stuff a house. It would take FOREVER that way.

When I got to about baby 70-75ish... I was feeling it. I started feeling like I'd rather pull my hair out then finish this challenge. But I was DETERMINED to complete it. It took me a couple months of die-hard playing, but I did complete it. I've thought lately of doing it again, but I just haven't made the decision yet.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @Lunabelle I don't have a blog or anything like that. So I probably wont put it anywhere but here.
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    So what happens if you have twins or triplets? Does only one of them count towards the hundred?
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    So what happens if you have twins or triplets? Does only one of them count towards the hundred?

If I'm reading the rules correctly, in version 1 they all count but in version 2 only one of them counts. In version 2 there doesn't appear to be much benefit in taking the fertility treatment since version 2 requires 100 fathers.

That's an interesting way to approach the challenge. I've started one 100 baby challenge, but only got to 26 kids before I moved on to another sims game. I want to try the idea again and will probably create my own set of rules. I like handling multiple births so my version will probably be more traditional and only require different fathers for each pregnancy (and thus count all children of multiple births).

A nice set of rules, nonetheless. I'll definitely keep these in mind when I do my own.
  • Options

Sorry, I guess I didn't think much about the 2nd version. To clarify yes twins or triplets with one man will count to the 100 score. As long as they were all born from one pregnancy, they will count for the final 100.
    I will update the post to put this in it.
    Thank you for the question.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    TreyNutz wrote: »

If I'm reading the rules correctly, in version 1 they all count but in version 2 only one of them counts. In version 2 there doesn't appear to be much benefit in taking the fertility treatment since version 2 requires 100 fathers.

That's an interesting way to approach the challenge. I've started one 100 baby challenge, but only got to 26 kids before I moved on to another sims game. I want to try the idea again and will probably create my own set of rules. I like handling multiple births so my version will probably be more traditional and only require different fathers for each pregnancy (and thus count all children of multiple births).

A nice set of rules, nonetheless. I'll definitely keep these in mind when I do my own.

As for how I will be handling the twins or triplets in the 2nd version, they, the twins or triplets, born from one man will count to the 100 score. As long as they were all born from one pregnancy, they will count for the final 100.

Thank you.
    I haven't started much into the game I am playing, had to delete a lot of stuff from the house I downloaded, but I am looking forward to it.
  • Options
    JillvilleJillville Posts: 10 New Member
    Seriously, how do you guys keep interested in the longevity? My matriarch has 9 and her oldest 2 have 5 between them, and I'm exhausted already. Also, I have add. How do you keep your interest? The only thing I've found that helps is creating beautiful Townes to surround my children with to keep the bloodlines gorgeous.