Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

pregnancy rate question

In my game "try for baby" appears to have a 100% rate of ending in pregnancy. Does any one know if it is hard coded to be 100% chance? Also if it is do you all know of any mods that raise the unplanned pregnancy (which I understand is now at 0%) and lower the "try for" rate?
wz3Vdbh.jpg
Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.

Comments

• Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Not all of my "Try for baby" interactions are successful. I would say maybe 75% but that's just in my game. I think it's completely random. I know that some of my sims get a sad moodlet when they have tried for a baby and it's been unsuccessful. I don't know of any mods though as I don't use them, I'm sorry.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Base rate is 80%, I'm using a mod to make it 20%, I want a little more suspense when trying for baby. I haven't uploaded it though, I don't know if there's another mod that does it somewhere, I could upload mine this week-end if there's none.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Base rate is 80%, I'm using a mod to make it 20%, I want a little more suspense when trying for baby. I haven't uploaded it though, I don't know if there's another mod that does it somewhere, I could upload mine this week-end if there's none.

I think there might have been an early one, but not updated after GTW broke a first round of pregnancy mods?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Ahh ok, good to know. I guess I'm just unlucky/lucky depending of your view. I have yet to "try for" and not get one.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2016
    I also have this "problem". I use the the MC Command Center mod and it has the option to change the try for baby percentage and also add a "risky woohoo" percentage where your sim can get pregnant from regular woohoo. I set mine at 50% for try for baby and 5% for risky woohoo. It adds some variability to my game, which I like.
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I too use the MC Command Center for these settings as well as many others .. its a must have mod
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    Dyrewitch wrote: »
    I too use the MC Command Center for these settings as well as many others .. its a must have mod

Agree with this :) totally a good idea to use this mod
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    The only time my sim couples don't get pregnant is when several of their needs are low.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I use MC Command Center religiously. If I don't have my risky woohoo available, the game gets stale really fast. Let me have some DRAMA, goshhh.

What really needs to be addressed is the problem with the reward that's specifically made to make your Sims more fertile not working. At all. As in, every single pregnancy results in a single baby. Trust me, I've tested it with this one family. Both adults have the fertile trait and they've gone through ten pregnancies. Each one is a single birth. Makes MC Command Center even MORE essential.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Recently one of my sims didn't get pregnant but she was with a really old guy. He was strenuous afterwards and thought the woohoo was bad.
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    See, with me I think it depends on how happy or sad your sims are.

E.g. if my sim has several bad moodlets, most of the time it tests negative.
    Otherwise, I'd actually say mine are 50/50. To be honest, I like it that way! It makes it so much cooler, though I hate to see my beautiful sims sad because they couldn't reproduce :wink:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    In my experience if the try for baby action ends in embarrassment the sims don't conceive. I doubt it's impossible to conceive after a bad woohoo but I haven't managed to succeed with it.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,877 Member
    Most of the time my Sims are successful when they "try for baby". I did have a family oriented Sim cry when she and her hubby tried and failed. It was very sad — I almost cried with her. This Sim couple is my favorite, so I'm very invested in them.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I occasionally have a sim that fails to conceive, but it seems to me to definitely be an exception to the rule.

I had one sim fail to conceive, and then again the next day. She had only aged up from teen very recently, so I was surprised. Her mother failed to conceive once, but was halfway through adult stage at the time.

The sim who failed to conceive also rejected a proposal, which none of my sims has ever done - even though they had full romance and friendship bars and were promised to each other since they were teens. It might have been because he got the noncommittal trait when he aged up to YA - but I had the noncommittal sim propose. *shrug*
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    Most of the time my Sims are successful when they "try for baby". I did have a family oriented Sim cry when she and her hubby tried and failed. It was very sad — I almost cried with her. This Sim couple is my favorite, so I'm very invested in them.

Awww :cry:
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    I use MC Command Center religiously. If I don't have my risky woohoo available, the game gets stale really fast. Let me have some DRAMA, goshhh.

What really needs to be addressed is the problem with the reward that's specifically made to make your Sims more fertile not working. At all. As in, every single pregnancy results in a single baby. Trust me, I've tested it with this one family. Both adults have the fertile trait and they've gone through ten pregnancies. Each one is a single birth. Makes MC Command Center even MORE essential.

Have they fidgeted with the twins rate? when TS4 first came out I had a twin problem, I kept having twins and they were always boys. Since I started playing again I've noticed no twins at all happening.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »

Have they fidgeted with the twins rate? when TS4 first came out I had a twin problem, I kept having twins and they were always boys. Since I started playing again I've noticed no twins at all happening.

That always have twins thing was a bug that got broken a couple of times by the patches but it seems to have been fixed for a while now *knocks on wood* I've noticed in my game though that my sims are almost always pregnant after the first try and well when I want to have a baby right away than I think it's great but if I want there to be like more of a struggle for it than I'm like I'm just gonna make u guys wait to even try for a baby. I wish that I had more chances of pregnancy failing I mean I feel like it would make my couples more determined to be parents
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member

Wait, MCCC has a risky whoohoo option? Where is that, I can't seem to find it...
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My sims about 90% of the time are successful. I've only ever had a negative test once.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    In my game it depends on the sim. Some need to try several times to get pregnant, others (the majority) get pregnant straight away.
    If they don't become pregnant after trying they get a sad noodles after taking the pregnancy test.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'd put mine at just a bit over 50% without perks. With them it is 100%.
  • Options
    GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I put mines as 100% chance for trying for a baby
    and for alien ubduction i put 100% for both male abd female my female sim just got pregnant from ubduction now i have my first alien baby.