Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite Sims and why?

I'll be honest, now that all of us have began playing sims 4 I think we are used to everything there game has to offer!
But what's your favorite and why? Why don't you like others? My favorite other than the Sims 4 Is sims 2. :D

Comments

• Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    I was addicted to TS2, absolutely addicted. I loved everything about the game.

Then TS3 came out, and at first I didn't like the way the new Sims looked, until I discovered the endless color wheel possibilities, and that they finally had shoes. I know it's a small detail, but it's one silly thing I loved, the fact that you could add the shoes separately in CAS. I loved the open world concept, the worlds that came with each EP, the stories. It seemed as if the world and the story line offered endless possibilities.

I pretty much got addicted to TS3, just the way I was addicted to TS2.

TS4, well, what can I say. I guess I'm a recovered TS addict now.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    When it comes to the PC versions, I've only ever played TS3 and TS4. (Would like to eventually try out TS2, as it seems to be a favorite for a lot of people around here.)

Anyway, it's a hard decision when it comes to which is my favorite, because, in my opinion, both of the games fulfill some (if not most) of the gaps that each other have.
    I can't exactly judge completely, though, because a lot of things I love about TS3 are things that I'm sure will most likely return to TS4 in the future.

In the end, I think I'm going to have to go with TS4. There's just so much more flexibility when it comes to CAS and Build/Buy mode, and I love how we can play rotationally now; a feature I always wanted in TS3.
    While I enjoyed myself in TS3, I enjoy myself much more in TS4.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I have begun playing Sims 4 and then I stopped again. Because I missed Sims 3. Guess I'm not all of us ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    TS2 is my all time favorite.

However, I've recently been really wanting to play TS1 again, but I haven't been able to get it to run at all (at least not on Windows 7 or 10), so I've actually ordered a version of Window XP to install on my pc, just to get my TS1 fix. It's more of a nostalgic thing for me though, with the added desire to play it just because I can't. :D
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > I have begun playing Sims 4 and then I stopped again. Because I missed Sims 3. Guess I'm not all of us ;)

haha yeah you know what I meant :D
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Sims 3 is my favorite for its graphics, customization, open and largeness of its worlds, and pretty much cementing my addiction of the series.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I would have a very difficult time saying which is my favorite, but TS4 is starting to get there. I have TS2, 3, and 4, plus a few console games. I really do like 3, but it is giving me some problems, so I haven't played it in a while, even though I want to. But with 4, I really like how they can do several things all at the same time, that is just to mention one of many.
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    My favorite Sims games out of the PC ones are TS4 and TS2, but all games have good features.

TS1 has the humor and I loved the Superstar expansion pack, I wish we could have something like it again. TS2 was the first where you could have family trees and it was very versatile. TS3 replaced personality points with traits, which to me gave sims more personality.

TS4 has multitasking and a build mode that I enjoy for being able to effectively grab and move walls etc, making building easy enough even for me to build (being able to fix mistakes like "aww, the entire house is too much to the left on the lot"). TS4 also has rotational play, which I enjoy the most. ^^

On PS2, I really enjoyed The Urbz spinoff.
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2016
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > I have begun playing Sims 4 and then I stopped again. Because I missed Sims 3. Guess I'm not all of us ;)

haha yeah you know what I meant :D
    That all of us have begun playing sims 4 and are used to everything the game has to offer? That doesn't go for me so far (and for lots of others as well, reading the forums ;)). In fact that's my issue with the game, I fail to get used to it and that is frustrating I must confess. I'd love to enjoy two games, not just one. So far Sims 3 is my favourite, because somehow it seems to be designed especially for me and the flaws and shortcomings that bother me weren't fixed in 4. On the contrary, most of those flaws they 'solved' by removing the feature all together, but I rather have them with flaws than not at all. That's me though, Sims 4 took another direction (which imo is a good thing in a franchise), but unfortunately it's not the direction I was hoping for.

(Sims 2 I only played briefly, the UC, (I like playing it for the interactions and because I like to see what came before Sims 3, but it feels a bit limited as well) and Sims 1 was magic but I quit because the focus on need bars is not my thing)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    The Sims 4.

I don't remember much of TS1 as I was younger and I didn't play TS2 that much since we had a shared computer, but I was never good with sliders in TS3 and could never become happy with any families I played. I think that ruined my attachment to it. So far, The Sims 4 has been the only one that's had me going back to it every night. It's all I play right now. Lol. I feel happy with this one.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    The Sims 4 is my favorite, but sims 2 holds a special place in my heart as well
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    My favourite is 2. The sims are proper little characters, they express so much emotion and unlike later series you don't need a pop up box telling you your sim is mad at X because say they have been cheated on, the sims themselves express the emotions. It's also to me the most fully fleshed in terms of gameplay. Family dynamics are important. I love the game because I play generations of different families rotationally and I love the fact that I have the freedom to do this. I struggle with the sims 3 with this, there are lots of good things about it but I can't play rotationally and that bothers me.

I love 4 because I can play rotationally and I like most of the content.

I also love the sims 1 but can't get it to work on my PC anymore :(
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    When Sims 2 came out it quickly became my favourite of the two, but I always wished I didn't have to play all households for them to all age so I easily got bored and started all over again with a new household. I absolutely adored Sims 3 when it came out, it was everything I had wanted with the open world and no more loading everywhere, everything felt connected and real, even thought it took some getting used to sims randomly moving away etc. I could play for hours and then remember there was a real world out there too :wink:

Right now Sims 3 and 4 are my favourites. Don't get me wrong, I loved TS2 at the time but after TS3 I don't see it the same way. Whenever I get back to play it I just miss features from the two latter games. But all four are awesome in their own way, I'm so glad I have been able to play this game for so many years, it has given me such joy XD I still remember the first time as a kid when my brother introduced me to the game, I built a house with everything in it and then tried to figure out how to play :blush:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Sims 3 was and always has been my favorite. I wish back when it was still 'new' it had run as well as it does on my computer now though. It had some serious issues but had a lot of heart and soul in my opinion. I want to love The Sims 4. It has all the elements that should make it wonderful but I find myself bored after about 10 minutes of game play. I just don't know why.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    The sims 4 is my favorite followed closely by sims 2. The sims 3 just did not do it for me at all, I played other games while I waited for it to end.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Each one of them was my favorite in their respective time but if I had to pick one it would be The Sims 6. Still, they are all decent games (except TS5, that game is ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ).
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've played all four and Sims 4 is my favourite. For me, I can point to a mix of things but especially the animation and design style that draw me in and the rotational gameplay structure (well, mostly: recent changes to it have me falling back on mods - but it's still the best for me for multiple-household play even so). There's lots I'd still do differently if it were me making the game-design choices, and lots I still want in the way of add-ons. I'm glad I'm happy enough with Sims 4 that I feel like if Sims 5 heads a different less-for-me direction, I could just stick with this one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    TS2, my first & most played, followed by TS4 because I like the game's aesthetics & TS3 for unlimited exploration.

tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I barely remembered playing The Sims 2, and I really didn't have much for it. The Sims 3 holds a special place in my heart since I played it the longest and have the most stuff for it, but I'm always gravitating back to The Sims 4. The graphics and improved routing are a big deal for me.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I currently cannot play the Sims 4 on my computer because of the graphics card. I can play TS2 Ultimate collection, but it's somewhat laggy, so I uninstalled it. Interestingly enough, I can play Sims 3 and 2 expansion packs with no lag, even if it's on the lowest settings.

Right now, I'm playing TS3 base game, World Adventures and Ambitions. (I wanted to play the game in the same order as TS4 expansion packs). I have more fun playing TS3 than TS4 because even with just the two expansion packs, I get more and better gameplay than I do with TS4. This is not only due to the open world, but because the game is more open-ended that TS4's gameplay.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    EvaliynEvaliyn Posts: 129 Member
    Sims 1 - Because it had a dark sense of humor that was lost in the next sims generations... We had a lot of NPCs too, I liked that. And more important for me....we had SUPERSTAR expansion that I still love and want for Sims 4! <3:)

The Sims 2 is my next fav :D Because we had alot of little things that I miss and that we never had again (per exemple: that amazing memories system... :()
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    Each one of them was my favorite in their respective time but if I had to pick one it would be The Sims 6. Still, they are all decent games (except TS5, that game is ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ).

This confused the plum out of me :lol:
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I'd have to say the Sims 4, followed closely by 2. I like Sims 3, but I just didn't have as much fun with it as 4 and 2.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member

This confused the plum out of me :lol:

Does TSM count in the list?
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The Sims 2. Just seemed more easily to fall into the game. (Can't think of that word. Intrusive? Inclusive? uhmmmm when you feel like you're in the game or something).

Plus I had nightlife, Uni, and open for business - my favorite expansions.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.