Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simple (?) CC object request

JSwartz0181JSwartz0181 Posts: 42 Member
edited July 2015 in Build/Buy Custom Content
I'm not sure if this is the right (or best) place to do this, but for a very, very, VERY long time, I've had this idea for an object that I've wanted in my game going back to TS2, but every time I've tried, I've had issues. Perhaps creating CC is just beyond me. Anyway, I'm currently working on an art museum for my neighborhood, and I got to thinking about this idea again, and would really love it if I could find someone to help finally make it a reality!

First off, I'd like to say, if at all possible, I really would rather this be a stand-alone object, and not a recolor (but if it has to be, I'd prefer it being "The Plumbob by Tandy Warhole Decal," as unfortunately "Superasymmetry" doesn't scale-up properly to the size I want), but all things considered, I can't imagine that it'd be too difficult for those who know what they're doing! :)

With all that out of the way... back in the '90s there was this little show that I loved called NewsRadio (it starred Dave Foley and up until his death, Phil Hartman)! Many episodes have stuck with me all these years later, and one in particular featured a mural that was painted by a couple of the characters. That mural I have wanted in my Sims games for I don't know how long! I just hope that the filters on this forum don't interfere with the name and images while trying to convey what I'm wanting.

A screenshot of the mural can be found here (I can't post links, so hopefully these work) - i.onionstatic.com/avclub/3724/95/16x9/960.jpg
A semi-decent recreation of the image (I would prefer it be the correct proportions though, and ideally a little more like the screenshot (i.e. looking like it was painted rather than drawn on a computer, as well as being a bit more red)) - lh3.ggpht.com/_-76_ww7vzBw/TEH68Koxl0I/AAAAAAAAAzs/SwmFMpATVzU/s576/stinkbutt.jpg
The episode in question can be seen here - www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EBOLGhIkts (relevant scenes begin at about the 11 minute mark)

Name: Free-expression mural "Stinkbutt"
Cost: --whatever you think is appropriate--
Description: Surely one of the finest works of art you have ever seen and would be proud to hang in your home! Don't let the knee-jerk, reactionary snobs prevent you from freely expressing your dissatisfaction with what free-expression murals have become with this free-expression mural; the product of where great minds think alike! For the day that one can no longer express themselves by putting their blood, sweat and tears into "stinkbutt" is the day we no longer live in a free society!

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Did you ever get this?

I had an idea, you might try browsing the Creator Studios at Sims4Studio, also maybe see if there's a WCIF or Requests area in the forums there... Lots of VERY talented creators, maybe what you want wouldn't be hard for someone who knows what they're doing. (I am NOT good at cc creation. LOL!)

You don't have to register to download from the Studios, but you probably do (it's free and easy) to post messages. I'm not positive, though, but I'd definitely suggest a browse if nothing else. :) Great site!

http://sims4studio.com/
  • Options
    JSwartz0181JSwartz0181 Posts: 42 Member
    Never did. I still would love this CC (seriously, I cannot express enough how much I have always wanted it in my game), but when I made the request, I was working on building an art museum for my neighborhood. It's long been finished and saved to the Gallery (w w w . t h e s i m s . c o m /gallery/55D37CE4327011E582063488E20872CE if anyone cares), and I'm not entirely sure where I would put it anymore (the painting section seems to be filled perfectly in my books, and it wouldn't quite fit in with the sim-created paintings in their section), even after having to start my game over after losing everything on my computer!