Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugged work hours?

Ok so my sim is now an Astronaut and his hours are 1 PM to 11 AM (the next day) and he always doesn't stay there the whole shift every time at 4 AM he stops work and I click the action to go back to work and he just stands there not going back. :/ And this really is killing my work performance missing those hours of work...what's wrong??? Any idea?

Comments

• Options
    Birdmom3Birdmom3 Posts: 135 Member
    1pm to 11am? I think your sim is reasonable for not wanting to work the whole time. Those hours are ridiculous! Maybe your sim is boycotting the unresonable work hours.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Birdmom3 wrote: »
    1pm to 11am? I think your sim is reasonable for not wanting to work the whole time. Those hours are ridiculous! Maybe your sim is boycotting the unresonable work hours.

I know he comes home either dead tired about to pass out or really thirsty (since he's a vampire) you'd think they'd give him a free plasma drink for working such horrid hours.

• Options
    Birdmom3Birdmom3 Posts: 135 Member
    Yeah! Having him work those hours is sim cruelty!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The Level 10 Military Career (Astronaut) gets one shift per week, and it should be 18 hours -- 7am to 1am. That is to suggest that they are up in orbit or something -- you can't really expect an Astronaut to come home for supper after working just a few hours. The benefit of a schedule like that is they get the next 6 days off. But 1pm to 11am would be 22 hours. Something is wrong there.

By any chance is the Military Installation a combo rabbithole lot sharing one or two other functions, such as Police and City Hall? Those are always messing things up one way or another.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    The Level 10 Military Career (Astronaut) gets one shift per week, and it should be 18 hours -- 7am to 1am. That is to suggest that they are up in orbit or something -- you can't really expect an Astronaut to come home for supper after working just a few hours. The benefit of a schedule like that is they get the next 6 days off. But 1pm to 11am would be 22 hours. Something is wrong there.

By any chance is the Military Installation a combo rabbithole lot sharing one or two other functions, such as Police and City Hall? Those are always messing things up one way or another.

Actually yes, I'm in Bridgeport...and it is also the Police Station and City Hall is that the problem?

• Options
    Might need someone else to confirm this, but I suspect so. The only Astronauts I've played were employed at standalone Military Lots, so I've never seen this glitch firsthand.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited December 2015
    I think those hours are correct for Bridgeport. Bridgeport has different starting hours for rabbit hole careers; they all start later in the day than normal. That information used to listed on the sims 3 wiki page, but no longer is.

I looked up the Astronaut job in the Careers.xml and it says the DowntownStartTime is 13 (1pm) and DowntownDayLength is 22 (hrs). The last number is probably a might be a bug since the normal start time and day length is 7 (am) and 18 hrs, as @igazor stated. You'd need a tuning mod to change the work day length; I don't know of one personally, I'd look on modthesims and simsasylum.

Given that the work day is 4 hrs longer that it's supposed to be, you might just use TCE to bump up his needs a little bit in the middle of the work day.

edit: I shouldn't say the work day length of 22 hrs is a bug. I didn't look at all the other jobs and compare them to normal times. For all I know career jobs in Bridgeport are all longer than normal. Probably not, but I didn't check.

Also, this data is in the file that holds information for all careers. I imagine any mod that fixes the 22 hrs to 18 will conflict with any other mod that alters anything about careers.

The upside is that your sim is probably getting paid 4 hrs more than normal.
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I think those hours are correct for Bridgeport. Bridgeport has different starting hours for rabbit hole careers; they all start later in the day than normal. That information used to listed on the sims 3 wiki page, but no longer is.

I looked up the Astronaut job in the Careers.xml and it says the DowntownStartTime is 13 (1pm) and DowntownDayLength is 22 (hrs). The last number is probably a might be a bug since the normal start time and day length is 7 (am) and 18 hrs, as @igazor stated. You'd need a tuning mod to change the work day length; I don't know of one personally, I'd look on modthesims and simsasylum.

Given that the work day is 4 hrs longer that it's supposed to be, you might just use TCE to bump up his needs a little bit in the middle of the work day.

edit: I shouldn't say the work day length of 22 hrs is a bug. I didn't look at all the other jobs and compare them to normal times. For all I know career jobs in Bridgeport are all longer than normal. Probably not, but I didn't check.

Also, this data is in the file that holds information for all careers. I imagine any mod that fixes the 22 hrs to 18 will conflict with any other mod that alters anything about careers.

The upside is that your sim is probably getting paid 4 hrs more than normal.

But he still stops at 4 AM and when I click go back to work he just stands outside not doing anything.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I was only answering the question of whether the 22 hour work day was a bug or was by design. Seems that's by design.

Stopping work at 4 am is something else. Perhaps related to the combo rabbit hole? I have no idea. One thought is needs, but you would have noticed that. Even if the work day length was 18 hrs, he should still be working at 4 am.

I've only had one astronaut, and that was in Monte Vista with regular work hours and a police/military rabbit hole combo. I didn't have any problems with him.

Maybe check the lot assignment? Isn't 4 am the closing time of one of the bar types? That's a long shot though.

Edit: I just tried that job in a test Bridgeport game. I used Mick Situp and used MasterController to get him the Astronaut job and all required skills. He let for work at 12 pm and stayed until 11 am Tuesday. He didn't exit the building at 4 am. He did get a meal and his bladder bar was maxed for most of the day. It was still brutal, he passed on the way up to his apartment and his fun and hygiene bar were totally red.

From that experience I think problem of your sim leaving work at 4 am isn't a combo rabbit hole issue. Maybe some CC or mods in your game? Dunno what specifically it could be.

But then, I'm using the new testing version of NRaas Overwatch which is supposed to correct opportunities at combo rabbit holes. @igazor would know if things like this were affected.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    Ack, I forgot about the different work hours for Bridgeport. But all of the other shifts I've seen are shorter than in other worlds, not longer.

The testing version of Overwatch does add another variable to the mix and might well be smoothing things out here. I think we might need to hear more from others who have played Bridgeport Astronauts without the currently in testing version of OW in place.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    The testing version of Overwatch does add another variable to the mix and might well be smoothing things out here. I think we might need to hear more from others who have played Bridgeport Astronauts without the currently in testing version of OW in place.

I was afraid you were going to say that. I happened to save my test Bridgeport game at 9 am Monday morning. I took out all mods except the nointromaxis one, cleared caches, and tried it again. The sim made it through all 22 hrs uninterrupted.