Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is deleting my custom content!!! HELP !!!!!

LADYG1951LADYG1951 Posts: 24 Member
I have been using mods for sometime with no problems. I use the Sims 4 Mod Manager with no problems. The problem is with custom content, the game will let me put in a few. If I put in to many, I will see a message that says, " The content was removed because I don't own it." This is a paraphrase. Has this happened to anyone else ? How many custom content does everyone use ? I have 200 mods and custom content in my Sims 4 Mod Manager. Is there anything I can do to prevent the game from deleting my custom content ??? Can anyone help me please ?????

Comments

• Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    This is probably happening because the CC is based off of something you do not own, such as a stuff or game pack that you have not purchased.
  • Options
    TwistedAngelTwistedAngel Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2015
    Same thing has been happening to me too, very annoying and I own all of the stuff, game and expansion packs, so that can't be why it keeps happening
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    This error often happens because you downloaded a house that did not include all of the CC files used to make it. Therefore game is looking for files that you don't have in your mods folder. The Sims 4 does not delete CC. It also occurs if you have removed CC yourself and then revisit an existing lot, the file is now missing and the game alerts you.
  • Options
    TwistedAngelTwistedAngel Posts: 13 New Member
    Would be a reasonable explanation if it weren't for the fact that it happens in houses I've made myself and I haven't removed a single cc in a long time
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Have you tried repairing your game? Also, delete your cache files.
  • Options
    lizziebeth0890lizziebeth0890 Posts: 88 Member
    I have it say its happening to me to in houses I own but I never seem to notice what it is actually deleting
  • Options
    Well now there is a new problem with mods and custom content. I played Sims 4 on 7/15/ 2015, after the Spa game pack was installed with no problems, All of my mods and custom content was there. Yesterday, I played, and most of my mods and custom content was deleted and the game deleted 2 categories from The Sims 4 Mod Manager, that was Furniture and Traits. The categories and custom content gone. I lost over a 100 mods and custom content ! I have no issues playing the game. What is the point of having mods and custom content, if the game is constantly deleting them ? Is this a bug that Sims 4 creators will fix ? What about a patch ? Any knowledgeable Sim Gurus have a answer ???
  • Options
    There is a mod conflict with The Relationship Decay Mod.
  • Options
    Bananas_45, What do you mean by a mod conflict with the The Relationship Decay Mod ??? How can I fix this ???
  • Options
    The Relationship Decay mod needs to be updated in order to work. If you have it, delete it from your mods folder. The mod could be causing your problems. You can check with the creator for an update. Apparently, the mod went wonky after the last patch on July 9th.
  • Options
    Thank You, but I don't have that mod installed in the game. Do you make your own custom content ? Do you know about Gimp 2.8 ? If you do, how do you open the image that I exported from the Sims 4 Studio ? Can you help me ? Thank you very much for your help !
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Are the CC files still in your Mods folder? Look directly there, instead of looking via a third-party tool.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't know anything about Gimp or Sims Studio.
  • Options
    anonymousegirlonlineanonymousegirlonline Posts: 1 New Member
    new december 2015 update deleted all my cc in my home folder as well not just inn game when i try and get more they arnt appearing they just deleted and none of my cc has come back or working before that sims 4 kept freezing and froze laptop
  • Options
    new december 2015 update deleted all my cc in my home folder as well not just inn game when i try and get more they arnt appearing they just deleted and none of my cc has come back or working before that sims 4 kept freezing and froze laptop

Can you confirm that the folder Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods is empty, or has nothing in it but the Resource.cfg file?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    jxariesjxaries Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm having the same problem
  • Options
    jxariesjxaries Posts: 11 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > anonymousegirlonline wrote: »
    >
    > new december 2015 update deleted all my cc in my home folder as well not just inn game when i try and get more they arnt appearing they just deleted and none of my cc has come back or working before that sims 4 kept freezing and froze laptop
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Can you confirm that the folder Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods is empty, or has nothing in it but the Resource.cfg file?

I have the same problem. I didn't played sims 4 for a couple months due school. Today i wanted to start playing again so i updated sims 4 and it said everything was deleted. My sims was bald, naked and blue.
    All the files are still in my mods folder
  • Options
    jxaries wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:
    > anonymousegirlonline wrote: »
    >
    > new december 2015 update deleted all my cc in my home folder as well not just inn game when i try and get more they arnt appearing they just deleted and none of my cc has come back or working before that sims 4 kept freezing and froze laptop
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Can you confirm that the folder Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods is empty, or has nothing in it but the Resource.cfg file?

I have the same problem. I didn't played sims 4 for a couple months due school. Today i wanted to start playing again so i updated sims 4 and it said everything was deleted. My sims was bald, naked and blue.
    All the files are still in my mods folder

As of this latest update, the game temporarily disables mods and CC when it updates. Here's everything you need to know about that: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861802/disable-mods-faq#latest
  • Options
    MoxieAndShadowMoxieAndShadow Posts: 45 Member
    luthienrising I went to that link and it didn't help. Yes followed the instructions and it didn't help. Don't have any script mods in the game so it's not that. For months I didn't have any problems with anything I had added to my game, then today the game removes CC. I had been meaning to get rid of a lot of custom content anyway, so I did. Got rid of all of it. Then I went to The Sims Resource and decided to download some hair from NightCrawler. I downloaded 1, checked my game and the game told me I had custom content etc (I had set it to tell me every time) and when I created my female sim, there was the NightCrawler hair (looked great btw). I exited out of the game, before doing so I didn't change a single thing. I downloaded more hair from the same creator. When I 'played' again, there was no message telling me I had custom content. When I went through the motions of creating a female sim, I couldn't find any of the hairs I had downloaded, not even the first one that had showed the first time. When I clicked on 'View Custom Content' it was empty. As if I didn't have anything in my Mods folder. But when I checked my mods folder there were the hairs I had downloaded.

Now, can you help me with this? Please? BTW, one of you who suggested deleting cache or repair game, FORGOT to tell us how to do that. Can you do that, please?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited February 2016
    luthienrising I went to that link and it didn't help. Yes followed the instructions and it didn't help. Don't have any script mods in the game so it's not that. For months I didn't have any problems with anything I had added to my game, then today the game removes CC. I had been meaning to get rid of a lot of custom content anyway, so I did. Got rid of all of it. Then I went to The Sims Resource and decided to download some hair from NightCrawler. I downloaded 1, checked my game and the game told me I had custom content etc (I had set it to tell me every time) and when I created my female sim, there was the NightCrawler hair (looked great btw). I exited out of the game, before doing so I didn't change a single thing. I downloaded more hair from the same creator. When I 'played' again, there was no message telling me I had custom content. When I went through the motions of creating a female sim, I couldn't find any of the hairs I had downloaded, not even the first one that had showed the first time. When I clicked on 'View Custom Content' it was empty. As if I didn't have anything in my Mods folder. But when I checked my mods folder there were the hairs I had downloaded.

Now, can you help me with this? Please? BTW, one of you who suggested deleting cache or repair game, FORGOT to tell us how to do that. Can you do that, please?

Hello @MoxieAndShadow
    I am just checking that you have ticked the" enable custom content and mods" button which is found in game options :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods.

To repair the game , right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.p

To delete the caches, this link explains how to do that.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Resetting your sims 4 folder is a more fuller way of clearing the caches and helps to fix issues,. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    LADYG1951 wrote: »
    Thank You, but I don't have that mod installed in the game. Do you make your own custom content ? Do you know about Gimp 2.8 ? If you do, how do you open the image that I exported from the Sims 4 Studio ? Can you help me ? Thank you very much for your help !

Gimp is awful, IMO. Not user-friendly at all. Try paint.net, it works fine with s4s. S4S has *tons* of tutorials on all things creation, my best suggestion would be cruise by there and browse the forums. They're VERY thorough. :)

No links, having net issues (you can't get there from here stuff). Sorry!
  • Options
    KyraxKyrax Posts: 1 New Member
    Im having the EXACT same problem. All my custom content is still in the mods folder but its not showing up in the game :( Can anyone help?
  • Options
    Kyrax wrote: »
    Im having the EXACT same problem. All my custom content is still in the mods folder but its not showing up in the game :( Can anyone help?

This might apply to you: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861802/disable-mods-faq#latest
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Kyrax wrote: »

Hello @Kyrax

Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if your cc is there.

• Options
    KatiebambooKatiebamboo Posts: 2 New Member
    Just delete one cc and it will give you back cc