Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I know it's silly but yay!

The household I've been playing for the last few months (longer than any other family I've played) are a lvl 10 band named Mean Peaches and they own a nectary/hangout/restaurant/showtime venue that I named Marmalade. One of the members is a thoroughly skilled and trained nectologist, and three of the four absolutely love spending their free time in their perfect garden where they grow all the ingredients for their nectars and their restaurant (Bistro oven FTW!) I know there are tons of lists out there with "amazing" nectar recipes and until the last two days I was perfectly content following recipes. That was until I saw the Bohemian Fruits and Nuts... Which has PEACHES! So after getting the Boheme set I decided to try coming up with my own recipes and after many hours, many "pretty good"s and "great"s I finally landed on an "Absolutely Amazing!" peach nectar recipe on my own. I have to admit I did a little happy dance lol :)

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Awsome! :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited June 2015
    @AbellaKellaher: Congrats! I just started a new save with a band I made a while ago called the Supernatural Girls. I don't know if they are going to own any venues or anything but I will see how it goes.

@Sigzy05: What you wrote in your response matches your signature perfectly lol
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    I love my band. If you're not opposed to using mods I highly recommend Nona's Late Night Gig Scheduler Deluxe. It's made a huge impact on just the enjoyability of playing a band simply by allowing your band members to schedule gigs. In fact all of them can each schedule 1 gig at a time so your band could be playing gigs daily if they/you want to.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I started a band ages ago and hardly got any gigs, so I quit the band after a while. Do I understand correctly that was fixed!?!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    No there's a mod out there called Nona's Late Night Gig Scheduler that is an object (cloned from the cork message board) that you click on to "look for gigs" for your band - then there's a popup to choose which type of gig you want to book ("dusty instruments," "snob mob," etc.) There is a little lag/delay from the click to the menu popping up, but only a second or so and viola, no more worries about getting gigs. My band essentially can write their own schedule (and often has 2 gigs in one day at the same place for extra convenience ;) )
  • Options
    here's a link to it (not sure if that's allowed on the forums, I apologize in advance if it's not)

http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1057/
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    That link just goes to a Mod to fix a bug in the game and there's nothing wrong with linking to Mods unless it's an adult content Mod to put adult themes into the game.I forgot that I needed that Mod and thanks for the link @AbellaKelliher.It will help others having issues with the LN band gigs being glitched out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    STARGRL86STARGRL86 Posts: 39 Member
    cool... good work
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    Congrats on the Nectar. I haven't tried Nectology too much, as I am not too much into gardening either. I do however, muchly appreciate the link to the mod that fixes the band gig issue. I have it now, and love the fact I can get a functioning band now..thank you!!!! :D
  • Options
    You're quite welcome! It *really* made a difference for me. In real life I am the (adult) daughter of a drummer and it drove me batty that I'd get one gig every sim month or whatever. I kept thinking "in real bands you don't wait for the venue to call you, you spend your non-playing hours promoting your band, calling bars/venues and setting up gigs yourself." I tried everything - befriending all the bartenders with all of the sims in the band (read somewhere that it helped) - they lived together, they "jammed" at the clubs on the nights they didn't work, and still bupkis. Then I found Nona's mod, and suddenly it was fun to play a band :)
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    That's wonderful. Congratulations. I haven't really explored nectar making in the game yet. I have terrific gardeners though. :smile:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    Thanks! Right now I have the family in France at their vacation home so no one ages while Trixie tries to discover new recipes. I'm trying to keep all of it tracked.

As for your gardeners, do you have the grow station? Holy cow I love that thing