The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favoriting By Maxis does not seem Fair to everyone who contributes:

The whole thing with getting MAXIS FAVORITES, has absolutely nothing to do with what you make or create, well at least most of the time. I have noticed people with only 2 downloads and one favorite, or many times not even favorited, but it has 30+ comments, many from the EXACT same member just repeating over and over again things like "Perfect" "So beautiful" stuff like that, and then the creator comments and thanks each person individually, even that same person repeating their comments so as to increase comment levels even higher!!!

The sims I create are made with no mods, so I have to rely on talent only and without Customized Content which can sometimes not even work in game and I always get high download rates and favorites, but no one leaves even one comment, ever? So how can someone get dozens of comments but not have any downloads or been Favorited by their peers? If you like someone's creativity, would you not download it?

I don't know what is going on, but the way Maxis decides Favorites is highly unfair and needs to be reevaluated, and I am saying this not just for myself, but because many of us are getting cheated by people who are either cheating the system or Maxis has personal favorite members, and or YouTubers and rewards specific people regardless of what they create because of their relationship from YouTube and or the "comments" scale, which again only takes 30+ comments to get favourited by Maxis, regardless of what you make. It can even be a stolen idea and get Favorited by Maxis. I have seen stolen Lots stolen Sims and stolen clothing that have been Favorited by Maxis??? Whats up with that? Am I the only one bothered by this trend?

Comments

• Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Is that the only criteria used by Maxis to earn the Maxis favorite? 30+ comments? It would be nice to think that someone at Maxis was actually looking at the creations and judging them. The way you described seems more like a popularity contest. If that is what it is and all it is then I really dont care if anything I create gets a nod. I care more about the opinion of fellow builders.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I have to say, I feel like some of my creations are worthy of being noticed by maxis, but it's not the biggest of deals to me if they don't favorite it.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    if thats how it done then, I will never get a favorite, lol. which I could care very less I just like to make somethings and share it. If I get one download or liked Im as happy as a jitter bug, smiling from ear to ear but thats just me though.
    I have seen some amazing things done by amazing builders and mod'ers which I do appreciate everything they do and very thankful. But I think im gonna leave more comments from now on if it helps anyone. Just know that I appreciate you all and very grateful. @mchristy1963 my origin ID is lovlyb just know its from me..
  • Options
    ZxujZxuj Posts: 233 Member
    It must be a program that does the picking and since its at the end of the work day they more than likely don`t check the picks.
    For Custom Content Free sims and lots look for me: Zxuj in the gallery
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited May 2015
    I don't care if I get favorited by Maxis. I love making Sims and uploading them to the gallery for other people to enjoy! :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    mchristy1963mchristy1963 Posts: 29 Member
    I agree with all of you... screw the favoritism. The point is to have fun!!!! =)
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    Being favorited by Maxis actually means nothing. It's totally random.
    It's not about quality of the favored creation, it's just pure randomness.

But one thing it is for sure...annoying...I'm getting tired of beeing noticed every time Maxis favored another boring and uninteresting household.

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    Ever checked this out?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/799585/updated-best-creations-ever-recommendations-for-maxis-tab/p1
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/803516/best-rooms-ever-recommendations-for-maxis-tab#latest
    (as far as I've seen there isn't a seperate thread for households, just lots and rooms)

So it isn't completely random. But I do think it's possible there are some people that keep recommending each others creations. Anyhow, you could give it a try and recommend stuff you like.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr