Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In Vitro Fertilization for female sims!

With the addition of Get to Work and the hospitals. I thought it would be wonderful to add an In Vitro option for female sims. Especially for those of us who prefer playing lesbian couples. I know adoption is an option, but I though this would add to game play. It would be awesome if the child took on characteristics of both woman, but if they were trying to stay real, you could also choose from a list of male candidates. It would be much better if it was both female partners though!
I mean lets be real. If male sims can become pregnant from aliens I think In Vitro is a totally viable option!

Comments

• Options
    QueenNiseyQueenNisey Posts: 21 Member
    Agreed. Actually, the fact that a male sim can be impregnated by a female alien is the perfect argument for why we should have in vitro for female sims.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Agreed.
    He/Him
  • Options
    WoefulFewWoefulFew Posts: 230 Member
    IVF is one of the main things that I put on my ts4 want list. That along with surrogacy.
  • Options
    rkarcheologistrkarcheologist Posts: 12 New Member
    > @WoefulFew said:
    > IVF is one of the main things that I put on my ts4 want list. That along with surrogacy.

OOOH
    Yes surrogacy would be so nice as well! I hadn't thought about that but it would make sense to add that along side IVF!
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    I would like to see that as well.

I think it's awesome that you can generate genetic offspring from two sims of the same gender in CAS when creating a new household. It seems like having IVF would then be possible for in-game babymaking between to sims of the same gender. If disbelief can be suspended enough for alien abduction male sim pregnancy - why not?
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    These are great ideas! And would be very fresh for the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    nah....
    if is for female couples, I preffer a Lifetime Reward [or how it is called at TS4] to allow it
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Agreed! Or at least a mod that isn't a no no one that will allow for you to click on a Sim to get them pregnant. So far all I have seen are the no no ones for TS4, but I had one for TS3 that was taboo.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    WoefulFewWoefulFew Posts: 230 Member
    > @WoefulFew said:
    > IVF is one of the main things that I put on my ts4 want list. That along with surrogacy.

OOOH
    Yes surrogacy would be so nice as well! I hadn't thought about that but it would make sense to add that along side IVF!

It could even be a career.
  • Options
    rbmm1974rbmm1974 Posts: 42 Member
    to make it more realistic have male/female couples have issues getting pregnant and they could get IVf or an IUI (non-surgical IVF). Many couples have issues getting pregnant today. I always hated the fact that my sims got pregnant on the first try for baby. Make it harder for them. Let them have fights over adopting because it is difficult to conceive. I know what it's like to want children so bad and find out the only way to have them is by seeing a fertility doctor and then go through the process for four years. Four years after my journey began I had a beautiful baby girl who is now seven, but during the process I was depressed, we had many fights about adoption. So please EA make "try for baby" more like real life.
  • Options
    rbmm1974 wrote: »
    So please EA make "try for baby" more like real life.

In this case should bew only one option, woohoo, and play with chances
    Unless woohoo mean other thing... and cost 10 simoleons each time than is only woohoo :lol:
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,787 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

Unless woohoo mean other thing... and cost 10 simoleons each time than is only woohoo :lol:

wohoo->protective 'bed stuff'
    Try for Baby->not protective 'bed stuff"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jen_CharltonJen_Charlton Posts: 69 Member
    I think this would be a great idea, think there could be more interactions with pregnancy in general
  • Options
    rbmm1974rbmm1974 Posts: 42 Member
    I remember in the past try for baby didn't always wind up in the female being pregnant first try. All I'm saying is make it more like it was. I had more fun coming up with stories for my sims when they had "real life" issues. Woohoo never resulted in having a baby at least not in my game. I feel that there is so much more that they can do with the new open hospital and helping sims have kids with fertility is one of them. Now my sims try for baby and boom the female is pregnant first try make it more random again.
  • Options
    Kaceface1992Kaceface1992 Posts: 11 New Member
    Mine still don't get pregnant on first tries. Even if one partner has the fertile trait. Seems realistic.
  • Options
    Andie22Andie22 Posts: 33 New Member
    Sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    leo3487 wrote: »

wohoo->protective 'bed stuff'
    Try for Baby->not protective 'bed stuff"

It takes sense... at least for sims it always was free
  • Options
    This is actually an amazing idea. There should also be increased chance for twins with In Vitro, as that is a common outcome of having the procedure done. It would also be a great option for those who don't wish to marry their Sim, but want someone to continue their story with.
  • Options
    rkarcheologistrkarcheologist Posts: 12 New Member
    > @simscoffeeandsunshine said:
    > This is actually an amazing idea. There should also be increased chance for twins with In Vitro, as that is a common outcome of having the procedure done. It would also be a great option for those who don't wish to marry their Sim, but want someone to continue their story with.

OMG YES!
    That is so true and would be so much fun to see if it happened!