Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA, please, when you finally incorporate restaurants...

Please give us both traditional kid down dine ins as well as fast food joints.
It could be fun to actually see sim kids play in a playplace in a burger joint, etc.

Also, make sure these are able to be managed as businessess too please.

Comments

• Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    And actual waiters and waitresses... no ordering food via a tablet!!! In fact, no more tablets forever
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    And actual waiters and waitresses... no ordering food via a tablet!!! In fact, no more tablets forever

Don't worry, with the way Sims 4 was built, I get the feeling we will not get a rabbit hole restaraunt anytime soon.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get something that annoys the fans though.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited April 2015
    I hope restaurants will be added, but now that a Get to Work expansion pack has passed, it seems a lot less likely. The chance still stands, though.

And I'm really shocked and disappointed that they didn't include them in the Get to Work EP. It seems like one of the main points that would exist in such a pack. But they had the nerve to include bakeries? It's like they're taunting me with something that is close to being the real thing, but isn't, and that drives me crazy. And if restaurants aren't included down the line, they will undoubtedly use bakeries as an excuse for it.
  • Options
    ShingaraShingara Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2015
    well the way i see it, the get to work expac actually makes me think they are going to finally not just expand the world, but also continue to add additional work types into the game that you can do aslong as you have the get to work expac. I think we got these few now simply because they A, wanted to test the water and B, see how much people actually liked them in practice.

And saying that, i would love them to incorporate not just restaurants but bars, night clubs and the ability for none player controlled sims to actually grow skills from what they do.
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    > @Shingara said:
    > well the way i see it, the get to work expac actually makes me think they are going to finally not just expand the world, but also continue to add additional work types into the game that you can do aslong as you have the get to work expac. I think we got these few now simply because they A, wanted to test the water and B, see how much people actually liked them in practice.
    >
    > And saying that, i would love them to incorporate not just restaurants but bars, night clubs and the ability for none player controlled sims to actually grow skills from what they do.

And that my friend will be added......for 19.99 USD at the date night pack! I can see the pattern and it seems to have always worked this way. This is EA we are talking about. Now, whether or not you're wiling to shell out any amount of money they demand out of their content, is up to you.
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    ShingaraShingara Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2015
    well before any new expacs come out they really need to unleash some of the stuff in sims 4, like the world size, how to split familys so the ones you move arnt skint, the population settings, ability to slow time down more, maybe an adult pack for the peeps who want it and the list goes one, because ye there are some true hardcores out there but really i see alot of people floating back to the sims 3 because it simply has more freedom and feeling of the sims.

Edit, And just think if they took a third of the great cc clothes, items etc from mods and implimented into the game, worked with some of the fixes that came from the cc community this game would be 1000% times better.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Anyone play TS1's Hot Date? That was the best for building restaurants, food being dropped on Sims and playing footsie under the table. It was all full of charm
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Anyone play TS1's Hot Date? That was the best for building restaurants, food being dropped on Sims and playing footsie under the table. It was all full of charm
    Yes, I want those cute animations back as well, and NOT the horrible Sims 3 Store half-restaurants :wink:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Yes, I want those cute animations back as well, and NOT the horrible Sims 3 Store half-restaurants :wink:

Never brought the Store Restaurants myself, I found myself making bars and clubs in CAW which I have used in videos from time to time.

As great as TS2's Nightlife and TS3's Late Night are as EPs, neither of them have the charm that Hot Date had back in the day and yet, the community criticised it
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CallaCantDiscoCallaCantDisco Posts: 113 Member
    I still play the Sims 1 more than any of the other games, so the mention of Hot Date definitely brings back some fond memories and nostalgia; funny tidbit, when it first came out I wasn't allowed to buy it simply because of the explicit name -- my parents were adamantly against it.

Anyways, there's definitely still a chance for restaurants in the Sim 4 al la Hot Date/Nightlife/Late Night, I wouldn't dismiss it quite yet.
    dqknjq.png
    You are free to break the chains of fate that bind you. Simmer since est. 2002.
  • Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    I found Nightlife to be a lot better than Hot Date, TS2 really really expanded on the dating game and introduced an actual nightlife. Proposing at the table and other interactions were memorable. I hope TS4 follows Nightlife to the tee with a couple of additions to expand. TS3 iteration wasn't very good at all
  • Options
    PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member

Oh man, that was my favorite EP back in the day just because of the restaurants. They were all so full of life, there were lines of people to get seated and they actually ate together with other sims too. Most of the times all tables were completely full, it felt like a real restaurant. And the interactions were so great, specially the ones in the booth seats. I hope Sims 4's restaurants will be more like that (but I hope they will bring back the proposing at the table interaction from TS2). And if they make us pay the meals by a tablet/phone, I will slap someone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    Foxcrest wrote: »
    I found Nightlife to be a lot better than Hot Date, TS2 really really expanded on the dating game and introduced an actual nightlife. Proposing at the table and other interactions were memorable. I hope TS4 follows Nightlife to the tee with a couple of additions to expand. TS3 iteration wasn't very good at all

It's pretty common knowledge that Nightlife and Late Night are far better than Hot Date.

The Sims 1 is incredibly dated compared to it's three successors. Yes, this includes The Sims 4.

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Foxcrest wrote: »

It's pretty common knowledge that Nightlife and Late Night are far better than Hot Date.

The Sims 1 is incredibly dated compared to it's three successors. Yes, this includes The Sims 4.
    Nightlife restaurants were awesome. You had a lot of cute table interactions. I was so disappointed in TS3's bistro.
    oh3cjs.jpg