Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 quality not as nice as it was 10 minutes ago?

Hey! I just installed the outdoor retreat EP/PACK and when I loaded it it kept crashing my game so I deleted ALL of the folders in The Sims 4 EA folder and restarted my game. The weird thing? Alright, the weird thing is, is that the graphics aren't as good as they were before. Even fully screen, with the highest graphic option I pick, the game still looks just a bit weird and different than it did before. I don't know why, but it does. It doesn't look as smooth and nice as it did before. Now it looks crisp and normal like how The Sims 3 looked!

tumblr_nl3w4bbSZm1upef1jo1_500.png
tumblr_nl3w4bbSZm1upef1jo2_1280.png

Here are 2 example (the girl in my glasses is my sim self, oops!) but still, do you see what I mean by the quality not being up to scratch? Before I removed every folder, the game didn't do this, it didn't look like this. What the hell have I done? I don't even feel like playing it anymore. I have a super, super amazing graphic cards and I never had this annoying feature before. I don't know what the hell I have to click or do to get it to be how it looked before! Ugh!
Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    When you trashed the TS4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts you would have trashed your previous graphics settings (the Options.ini file). Are you sure you have set your current graphics options to match the previous ones?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    When you trashed the TS4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts you would have trashed your previous graphics settings (the Options.ini file). Are you sure you have set your current graphics options to match the previous ones?

Thank you. I set all of the settings on ULTRA and now it looks 100% perfect like how it used to. Thank you.
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Aimiexoxo wrote: »

Thank you. I set all of the settings on ULTRA and now it looks 100% perfect like how it used to. Thank you.

You're welcome :)

apple-signature.png