Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The absolute worst part about TS4!!

This game makes me want to cry some days ... I play it on an old (like 8 years) laptop and the TS4 makes me want to sell my organs to buy new computer - so that I don't have to run in laptop mode .... UGHHHHH
Dear EA/Maxis,
I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
A concerned simmer

Comments

• Options
    SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    Well your first issue is that the laptop is 8 years old....
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I thought it's loadscreens thread again.
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    So your problem with Sims4
    is that your Laptop is almost as old as some people who play Sims4.
    ..That's not really the Games fault.
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    people here aren't much for sarcasm are they... I'm not actually blaming the game of course! I love it immensely I just can't bring myself to dish out the money for a new desktop computer when I use the laptop almost exclusively for simming. First world problems I suppose!
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    Letty91 wrote: »
    people here aren't much for sarcasm are they... I'm not actually blaming the game of course! I love it immensely I just can't bring myself to dish out the money for a new desktop computer when I use the laptop almost exclusively for simming. First world problems I suppose!

Oh trust me, we all love sarcasm here. You seemed to be hating on the game just because your laptop is 8 years old (and let me recommend to not play games on your laptop either....) Usually a joke is funny, or ends in "Hahaha! I'm kidding!" ;)
  • Options

The problem with being sarcastic on this site.
    IS the high likelihood of other Simmers having said similar things about the game, but having been completely serious when they said it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for that world changing recommendation! play on a desktop? how have I not thought of that yet ?!?!

HAHAHA JUST KIDDING

Disclaimer: this past is also sarcastic I am sorry if you did not laugh - I was never very good with jokes but I feel I deserve an A+ for effort
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    > @Kuypers125 said:
    > Letty91 wrote: »
    >
    > people here aren't much for sarcasm are they... I'm not actually blaming the game of course! I love it immensely I just can't bring myself to dish out the money for a new desktop computer when I use the laptop almost exclusively for simming. First world problems I suppose!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The problem with being sarcastic on this site.
    > IS the high likelihood of other Simmers having said similar things about the game, but having been completely serious when they said it.

people actually blame things like that on a game? people never cease to amaze me!
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    Sarcasm rarely translates well online, especially when it sounds like actual complaints people have tried making before. haha
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    I suppose I should also keep in mind that many players and fellow posters are quite possibly half my age (wow that makes me feel old)

:blush:
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    Thank you for that world changing recommendation! play on a desktop? how have I not thought of that yet ?!?!

HAHAHA JUST KIDDING

Disclaimer: this past is also sarcastic I am sorry if you did not laugh - I was never very good with jokes but I feel I deserve an A+ for effort

Hey, I got this joke now! ;) I thought this was funny now. But in all honesty, people do blame the game because their computers run it horribly. That's what is expected when their computers are ancient! Lol!
  • Options
    Honestly I was a bit surprised that it would run the game at all - before I switched to laptop mode it would crash all the time but now it rarely does. One of these days I will have to upgrade though, I'm sure once I add in an EP I will have the crash problem all over again. If only I made as much money as my sims! $3500 a day for four hours work? yes please!
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Well, to be fair, the devs did say they made many design decisions based on people with very old computers.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited February 2015
    Honeslty, I find it weird that my laptop is only 4 years old now and I can play all TS3 games except for 2 SPs and I have store content but my game hardly lags at all and TS4 is slower than molasses and all I have is CC a few mod and OR.

Edit:And my graphic settings are all medium except for maybe three that are high.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    Honeslty, I find it weird that my laptop is only 4 years old now and I can play all TS3 games except for 2 SPs and I have store content but my game hardly lags at all and TS4 is slower than molasses and all I have is CC a few mod and OR.

Edit:And my graphic settings are all medium except for maybe three that are high.

When Playing on a laptop, the settings matter a lot.
    I also Play on a 4 year old Laptop, but I tend to keep my settings on the low-to-medium side.
    Sims4 isn't Slow for me at All
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I think a lot of people took EA's thing about making the game run on older computers to an extreme that the minimum requirements show was never intended. The game will run on older OS's and relatively old chipsets, which helps people with PCs - it means they might only need to upgrade their video card, maybe add RAM, but they'll be ok. But running complex constant animation calculation of a five-years-newer game on older laptops is another story entirely. That minimum 128MB dedicated video memory -- which cheaper laptops just don't have -- is proving to be an increasingly hard line in the sand. Older computers =/= older laptops or newer ones designed for other purposes than gaming. People who think EA should have designed with something closer to gaming rigs in mind aren't, I think, seeing how many laptop users are already being cut out of the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I bought a new laptop with Sims4 in mind in the New Year sales 2014 and am still paying if off! It was worth it though as I got £200 off (for £800 uk) , 16 Gig of Ram, Intel i7, 2 Gig NVidia GT740M video card and a Terabit hard drive.
    It will play Sims4 at optimum but I opt for lesser modes of some settings to be on the safe side. I am hoping that this laptop will be useful for at least five years and handle any future Sims4 expansions.

My opinion is that if you wanted to play the latest versions of other leading computer games you would make sure your computer rig was up to date and capable of handling it. EA's own fault is trying to cater to those who think their five year old PC or laptop will work so that they have given them a right to moan.

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I think a lot of people took EA's thing about making the game run on older computers to an extreme that the minimum requirements show was never intended. The game will run on older OS's and relatively old chipsets, which helps people with PCs - it means they might only need to upgrade their video card, maybe add RAM, but they'll be ok. But running complex constant animation calculation of a five-years-newer game on older laptops is another story entirely. That minimum 128MB dedicated video memory -- which cheaper laptops just don't have -- is proving to be an increasingly hard line in the sand. Older computers =/= older laptops or newer ones designed for other purposes than gaming. People who think EA should have designed with something closer to gaming rigs in mind aren't, I think, seeing how many laptop users are already being cut out of the game.

You bet they did and it is not their fault, EA/Maxis should have not made that remark because it is biting them in the B+U+T+T now. EA/Maxis has a history of putting out a game and not fixing it before moving to the next project.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen