Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a way to make unplayable sims playable other then taking them into cas

Like we had in TS2 were you shift click on them and make them playable. Now you can do this now with the cas.editmode thingy or whatever it's called. Once you take the unplayable sim into cas their then playable and you have to take your other sim into cas before it becomes playable again.

Comments

• Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    If they are at your house, you just need testingcheats true and then shift/click on the sim and select 'add to family'. You don't need to take them into CAS.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    You can move an unplayable Sim into a house or put them on a vacant lot, and they become playable. Do this from the Manage World screen.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,425 Member
    edited September 2014
    What I'm talking about is sims that are visiting or dating your sims who arn't living with your sim and you want to switch to them to make them do things then switch back to your sim etc etc. I guess I should have been more specific.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    What I'm talking about is sims that are visiting or dating your sims who arn't living with your sim and you want to switch to them to make them do things then switch back to your sim etc etc. I guess I should have been more specific.
    I would love this option. I like that I can switch between Sims and it will be the same time as the original Sim I was playing but it would be better if we could switch back and forth a little more seamlessly like you've described.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    If they are at your house, you just need testingcheats true and then shift/click on the sim and select 'add to family'. You don't need to take them into CAS.

I know about the add to family cheat but that's a lot of trouble because I then have to split them from the household in manage town and move them.. Also there is a bug that can result in lost relationships when splitting households and the other sim no longer has yours in it's relationship panel once it's moved to it's new location.

The bug doesn't happen with every sim but it's happend to me twice and I'd rather not risk this with the add to household cheat till it's patched.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I would love this option. I like that I can switch between Sims and it will be the same time as the original Sim I was playing but it would be better if we could switch back and forth a little more seamlessly like you've described.

Well we could do this in TS3 too with the moviemakercheats enabled true.

• Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »

Well we could do this in TS3 too with the moviemakercheats enabled true.

It was also possible with Twallan's Master controller. I used to do that all the time in ts3 with master controller.

• Options
    BJFBJF Posts: 10 New Member
    I really need and would love this as well for TS4. I had it for TS2 and used it all the time. Especially when visiting community lots. If I saw on a community lot a person I wanted to control, all I had to do was right click and click on "Select Sim" and they would pop up in my list of controllable sims. I would be able to manage all the sims in my family in addition to the Selected Sim. I would be able to easily switch between any sim on the lot including any NPC's and just right click on "Select Sim" and I would operate that sim and just move back and forth. Very easy for story lines and very easy to and dates and relationships. Another example would be to go on date on a community lot with your Boy or Girlfriend. Your active Sims could on to the site, meet them there, but I would be able to control BOTH sims this way rather than having one get board or trying to leave or go home when I still producing a story.

We had this in TS2 but TS4 would be a lot better with the option or cheat. Anyone?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,541 Member

That is useful. I have experienced that while having a genie in the household in TS3
    They could give you temporary control over an NPC character.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    I applaud your contagious optimism CLP, and I love your ideas and suggestions, reality is they are likely never to come to pass.

In a perfect world they would make for a fabulous game experience. . .one that we all have hoped to expect, the reality is bleak though.

I would love this option though :smile:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited February 2015
    When you are playing you playable sim, you go to map view and click on the house that the unplayable sim is and then you can play with them and do the same thing to get back to your own sim. You can save your game before clicking on the other house.
    It would be nice if they were visiting and you could just right click on them and now you can play them.
  • Options
    Correct. I had this in TS2. This was a very very good option to have. Being able to control any sim at any time by just right clicking and selecting them. I would really like this option for TS4.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    BJF wrote: »
    Correct. I had this in TS2. This was a very very good option to have. Being able to control any sim at any time by just right clicking and selecting them. I would really like this option for TS4.

This would be so fabulous.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited February 2015
    I totally get what the OP is asking for. In the sims 3,Twallans mod and Pescados awesomemod both made this feature possible. I won't play the sims 3 without the option to switch between sims.

Someone also mentioned it's probably never going to happen with the sims 4. I beg to differ. It most likely will happen. Someone will make a mod where you can switch between active sims and visiting sims.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate the importance of a mod that enables switching between sims. Just think of all the loading screens you could eliminate by creating a mod like this. That's why I think someone will make this mod because of the sheer convenience of it.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    Good idea, you should suggest this in next Tuesday's Guru chat OP.
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    I remember having a mod in 2 that allowed you to visit houses and stuff. You could even do this too but could possibly end up causing errors with the family limit.
  • Options
    They could easily patch it in.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited February 2015
    I totally agree. I want to have a story where my main sim's daughter's boyfriend breaks up with her, but, I can't because unless I add him to my family and then remove him later, I have no control over him and he's certainly not going to do it- sims are way too happy for that 🐸🐸🐸🐸. It's a pain. We need an "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!" option for any sim on the same lot.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited February 2015
    Like we had in TS2 were you shift click on them and make them playable. Now you can do this now with the cas.editmode thingy or whatever it's called. Once you take the unplayable sim into cas their then playable and you have to take your other sim into cas before it becomes playable again.
    I have control issues in sims lol. So when an unplayable sim doesn't respond to my sim in the way I want, I get 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because it messes with the story I'm trying to tell. For this reason I would LOVE to have the option to easily and temporarily control unplayable sims.
  • Options
    This would stop unplayable sims yours is vacationing with in Granite Falls from leaving.
  • Options
    I hope this comes in a Patch soon or a mod. Either way.