Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twins birthday - Do I need two cakes?

ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
TBH, as much as I love the game, I am not a fan of the Social Events. I kinda don't like being told how to party ;)

Anyhow, as the title suggests, do I need two cakes or do I have to do different parties? Is there a quick way to age them up that could, maybe skip these, but not damage progression?

Oh, they are teens to YA
Awake.
Shake dreams from your hair
My pretty child, my sweet one.
Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
The day's divinity....
The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    You don't have to do a party event. Just have a Sim bake a cake, add candles, and then have one twin blow out the candles - this will age him/her up. Then, before the greedy Sims have a chance to tuck into the cake (well, my Sims are greedy :) ) add candles again (to the same cake) and then have the other twin blow them out.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    You don't have to do a party event. Just have a Sim bake a cake, add candles, and then have one twin blow out the candles - this will age him/her up. Then, before the greedy Sims have a chance to tuck into the cake (well, my Sims are greedy :) ) add candles again (to the same cake) and then have the other twin blow them out.

Perfect :) Thank you.

I will have a party, but one of my own devising. My idea of a party and the game designers is very different - lol.

Oh and talk about greedy, i did throw a party once and the kids started eating the cake just as i was calling the social event in :/
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    Uncheck "host prestigious event" before you select what type of event you want to throw and it takes away the requirements and just leaves you with a timer.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    Ah, these are all nice ideas...whew. They were beginning to stress me out, like they do in RL - lol
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Could I please suggest that you save your game and put a copy of that saved game somewhere safe, like your desktop, before you age your sims up. My game went on the fritz directly after my sim-kids aged up and I lost over two months' worth of gameplay and creation because all my saved games are now corrupt and unusable.
  • Options
    KaraJKAZKaraJKAZ Posts: 49 Member
    I forgot to do a cake for a sim and he moped around for 24 hours. If you do the cake before he ages up, will he still mope or do you need to have a party?
  • Options
    FKM100 wrote: »
    Could I please suggest that you save your game and put a copy of that saved game somewhere safe, like your desktop, before you age your sims up. My game went on the fritz directly after my sim-kids aged up and I lost over two months' worth of gameplay and creation because all my saved games are now corrupt and unusable.

I am pretty meticulous about that kind stuff. As well as having a little DOS batch file (old school - yay!) that backs stuff up on its own, I have a mod that creates multiple saves automatically as I play.

I have taken a belt and braces approach because I had a few heartstopping moments, not dissimilar to what you have described. Thankfully, I was always able to get it sorted through a bit of jiggery-pokery, but a lot easier to just load a save file!
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    KaraJKAZ wrote: »
    I forgot to do a cake for a sim and he moped around for 24 hours. If you do the cake before he ages up, will he still mope or do you need to have a party?

He should be ok with just a cake. My Sims have not had a birthday party yet, just a cake with the family or a couple of friends, and they were ok.

The only time that Sims have been upset, is when there was no cake, and they just aged up automatically. Weren't they peeved. :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    KaraJKAZKaraJKAZ Posts: 49 Member
    Oh my. I felt so bad for my poor sim. I hope I never forget again.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »

I am pretty meticulous about that kind stuff. As well as having a little DOS batch file (old school - yay!) that backs stuff up on its own, I have a mod that creates multiple saves automatically as I play.

I have taken a belt and braces approach because I had a few heartstopping moments, not dissimilar to what you have described. Thankfully, I was always able to get it sorted through a bit of jiggery-pokery, but a lot easier to just load a save file!
    Very sensible. I could kick myself.

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a more direct answer to your question, but remember that a sim party need not be a grand affair. I threw a dinner party for my sims once and invited no-one other than the members of the household (basically, I only did it because I wanted to see what would happen when I hired a caterer and an entertainer). My sims didn't seem to notice the difference.
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »

He should be ok with just a cake. My Sims have not had a birthday party yet, just a cake with the family or a couple of friends, and they were ok.

The only time that Sims have been upset, is when there was no cake, and they just aged up automatically. Weren't they peeved. :D

This happened to me with the only teen pregancy I allowed in my game. I was playing another household and the Mum aged up to young adult, when I switched back to play that household, I did a Get Know from the kid to her mother and she got - Christie has learned Emily is insane. I took a memory shot, not a very good one:

kBF3kXp.png

As it happens, Emily is now one of my favourite Sims. She is on her way to entertainment stardom and along with her good and family traits she is doing wonderfully.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Oh my. I felt so bad for my poor sim. I hope I never forget again.

Lol, he'll get over it.

I "forgot" on purpose because didn't want those Sims to age up until the last possible moment. They don't hate me anymore :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Abigail52Abigail52 Posts: 2 New Member
    There is actually an option to have "two birthday sims" So both of them can share one birthday party. Also you don'tneed two cakes you can use one as long as you buy another birthday cake topper. I have two sets of twins (2 boys) and (1 boy 1 girl) so i'm planning to use this tactic when they age up XD