The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weddings/ Parties

Hi all!

So i was going to have my sims wedding at the park but then i realized that i cannot drag the buffet table and balloons into my backpack. I dragged a boombox and i worked. Can you not drag big items? How can i get buffet tables and balloons there? Somebody help, my sims loves to party but parties are unsuccessful cuz she cant bring anything but a picnic basket and i dont want a wedding with just that :(

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,592 Member
    edited September 2009
    Hello.

Go to Options/Edit Town. Click on the Lot/edit and add the party items you want. Save.
    Return to game. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited September 2009
    I think you need to set up a community lot with the stuff for parties first, then have the party there.

In Riverview, my Sims love to have parties at the Waterhole. It's a pre-built lot with bars (several), a big stereo, a picnic table and grill out the back. My Sims never bring party stuff with them and there have been at least 2 Epic wedding parties there.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    Zoid42071Zoid42071 Posts: 178 Member
    edited September 2009
    You really don't need buffett tables and such to host a good party.

Personally, I give almost every sim the Legendary Host reward very early in their life (usually first 5000 points) because parties are the easiest way to quickly get 20 friends and never have to worry about decaying friendships again. With Legendary Host reward, it really doesn't matter what you do, the party is going to be awesome. You can call a party and go to sleep, if you want to, I imagine, although I confess I've never done exactly that.

Even without the legendary host reward parties are still pretty easy. My characters are usually charismatic, or friendly, or party animals, etc. A lot of character traits make party-hosting rather painless. In any event, if you make sure to introduce/greet each guest and have music playing where your the host is at (because the guests go to where the host is), I think it'll go pretty well regardless. I never worry about providing food. Ever. If there's music, the guests can dance. I try real hard to have at least minimal interaction with every guest, and after that I concentrate on the guests I most want to improve relations with. With Legendary Host reward that's enough, without it I try a little harder but it's still basically the same, and my parties are almost always successful no matter what happens (even when there's a fight and/or rude behavior going on and/or some inconsiderate old fart dying at my party). :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PlainOldAlePlainOldAle Posts: 74 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Thanks everyone! That helps out a lot. I havent had sims since the The Sims Deluxe edition (yes the one where you couldnt woohoo and had the robot maids (i miss those))

For Riverview- Thats the one you download right? I have it if thats the case but ive never even seeing the waterhole! thank so much! cant wait to go home and play ...yes im at work lol!
  • Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited September 2009
    Thanks everyone! That helps out a lot. I havent had sims since the The Sims Deluxe edition (yes the one where you couldnt woohoo and had the robot maids (i miss those))

For Riverview- Thats the one you download right? I have it if thats the case but ive never even seeing the waterhole! thank so much! cant wait to go home and play ...yes im at work lol!
    Yes, Riverview is the one you download. On the island in the middle, you find 3 community lots really close together. One is the gazebo, one is a park (can't remember the name) and the last is the Waterhole. Sims think the Waterhole is a Sweet Party Venue.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    JKG33JKG33 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I always had that problem in Sunset Valley, and I prefer Sunset Valley over Riverview. So I made a rec centre there.It is a great party joint.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1091825