May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advice needed please, about building a new home on the same lot...

Hi there. I need some advice from you knowledgeable builder types :)

I downloaded a starter home from the gallery a while ago (big thanks to Ruthless_kk). I bulldozed a house on a 50x50 lot and placed it there. Now my sims are earning lots and lots of money so I want to build them a big new house myself. What would be the best course of action to take?
Should I move my starter to the edge of the lot while I build a big house, and then delete the starter after? Or should I bulldoze the starter and begin from scratch? Or should I just add to the starter and expand it?
Also, if I decide to upload my new house to the gallery, will it credit me or Ruthless as the builder?

Thanks for your time :)

Comments

• Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Cornis, if you make a save before you start building, you can always reload if you don't like how your new build is going. If you do that, I recommend bulldozing and starting from scratch. Then when you save your lot and save it with a new name, the credit will be entirely yours. If instead you choose to keep Ruth's starter as part of your build, then you should overwrite the lot and preserve Ruth's credit as the original creator.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    Ok thanks. If I bulldoze my house first, will all my stuff automatically go into family inventory? Or do I have to drag it all in myself?
    :)
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    Everything on the lot will be deleted when you bulldoze, so you will need to drag it all or you can move them to an empty lot and choose to take the furnture with you, then move back to the starter lot and bulldoze with all the items.
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    cornishovencornishoven Posts: 163 Member
    Thanks, Snowmoon. I don't mind losing my furniture, I just want to make sure I keep my collections :) In that case I will drag them into inventory.