Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who has mad skillz? - Not me!

So I'm officially giving the build mode a go in TS4 - it scared me for the first few days I had the game. But I watched an amazing speed build video on youtube and kinda... kinda really wanted to give it a try.

EKCdCPH.png

At the end of the day it's just a box, but its such a pretty box!

Now to decorate and consider throwing on the gallery or whatever its called.

Show me your houses. Show me your mad skillz.

Comments

• Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I have to disagree I think it's a great build! Home styles are subjective much like everything else in life. Don't let others creations discourage you, let it inspire and encourage you ^_^ I personally think build mode is so friendly in TS4 vs TS3 and I'm having a blast! Hope to see more builds from you though!
  • Options
    ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    Aw thank you :smile:
    Its not a bad build - but its not as good as some of the ones I've made in TS2 - so I'm still feeling a bit.. uncertain lol.
    I am enjoying it, just need to continue getting used to it.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Your home is very nice! :) Very nice design of it! The colour of the exterior is very nice and very nice curved front porch! It looks great how you have used the columns and spandrels! Very nice placement of the windows. I hope you enjoy furnishing the interior of your very nice home :)
  • Options
    KaylyRedKaylyRed Posts: 309 Member
    I think your "box" turned out great! The Sims 4 building tools are pretty awesome, and I think they're less intimidating than the TS2 or TS3 tools. Like you said, it takes getting used to, but you're off to a great start!
    Download the Americana Series! Sears catalog kit homes and more from 20thCentury America. Additional manors and community builds in my Showcase Thread.| Origin ID: KaylyRed

• Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    Aw thank you :smile:
    Its not a bad build - but its not as good as some of the ones I've made in TS2 - so I'm still feeling a bit.. uncertain lol.
    I am enjoying it, just need to continue getting used to it.

Ah I see! I was horrible at the other sims building mode if that helps and never uploaded all my builds, only a few :3 Just keep at it, you'll make something that will blow you away I'm sure ^_^

• Options
    ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    I'm just going to casually steal all my Sims 2 friend's designs for their amazing houses... :expressionless:
  • Options
    RyuoshRyuosh Posts: 26 Member
    I might add a window to the peak of your roof for just a little interest, like that round one in build. Most real homes this style have a little triangular one up there that serves as an attic vent. But over all its a pretty great build, especially if you're not a confident builder!
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    You did a great job. Don't get discouraged, mate. The more you play with it, the easier it becomes and you're already well on your way!
    5sXtTqH.png