Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Me With My Roof!

ohohraptor87ohohraptor87 Posts: 98 Member
edited September 2014 in The Sims 4 Lots
So I've never been very good at building but with this new build mode being so much more user friendly, I'm really trying to learn. I just finished this modern home but am getting really frustrated with the roof. I can't ever make roofs look right, no matter how hard I try. Why does the edge of my roof go into the wall over there? I've seen other modern home builds that use these same roofs and it makes it look like somehow they got rid of that overhang but I can't for the life of me figure it out. What is the trick to building a believable roof?!

34rt3ys.png
2z3pauh.png

Comments

• Options
    SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    I think you need to push down the middle roof piece. If you get it lower than the right piece of roof, it will look right. You might have to raise the right roof piece to get that middle piece low enough. I hope that helps!
    Origin ID: SimHead82
  • Options
    Pete7094Pete7094 Posts: 2 New Member
    One thing you might want to look at is the white arrows on the roof tool, certain roofs allow you to adjust the overhang, it is a small flat arrow near the corner of the overhang. not all roofs have it though so i'm not sure if this will help. i know the gable roofs have this feature while the hipped roofs do not.
  • Options
    ohohraptor87ohohraptor87 Posts: 98 Member
    @simhead82 I will play with it thank you!

@pete7094 I did not know this! I will mess with it. Thanks!
  • Options
    SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    I can't wait to see it when you finish!
    Origin ID: SimHead82
  • Options
    pchapmanpchapman Posts: 260 Member
    I actually like your roof. :smile:
    Origin ID for Sims 4: patti2297
    Follow me on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27640240@N08/