Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Absolutely love the game!

Sim1P3Sim1P3 Posts: 221 Member
I bought the Sims 4 on release day and I haven't stopped playing since! There's so much in the game that I haven't done yet, including getting married, having kids, witnessing a death, etc. I just love the fact that the game, for the most part, runs so smoothly and it's so interactive. The Sims are no longer standing around boring robots. As a base game, I'm not disappointed at all! I honestly see so much potential with this game once expansion packs come out.

Here is a list of things that I love and things that I think need improving. Like I said, I haven't explored even nearly half the game yet. From what I played, this is my review. I'll add more to the lists as I continue playing the game.

LOVE LIST:
- Sims with emotions.
EX: My Sim was angry and stomped over to the fridge to make food and slammed the door wicked hard! I thought that was funny.

- Loading Screens.
*Yes, I love loading screens. Honestly they aren't even long, not even close. Loading screens are apart of why I see so much potential in this game. Brings back a Sims 2 feel, which is not bad at all! I loved Sims 2.

- Graphics
*I know a lot of you like the realistic look better than the cartoonish look, but I think it's great! At first when I saw that the Sims 4 was going for a more cartoon look, I was disappointed. I expected a lot more realistic looking Sims than Sims 3 had. However, I get it now. The game would be totally weird if it was realistic looking. I absolutely love the graphics in this game. It looks amazing and fits what the Sims is all about.

- Switching between neighborhoods
*Common sense.. I think everyone can agree that this is great!

-BUILD MODE
*ABSOLUTELY LOVE BUILD MODE! It's so "Intuitive". No but really its awesome! All the decorations and clutter objects are a great add-on and make everything look more like home. The roof tool is great! You can really go in and customize it too whatever you see fit. Wall placement of objects is another great addition.

- Resizing Objects
*LOVE LOVE LOVE! I have used this too make my TV's larger than they actually are. Great for decorating the outside of your house with bushes and trees. This just adds a whole new way of customizing everything. I'm sure I'll find more use for it later on.

- Multi-Tasking
*Of course this is awesome. I can now have 2 Sims play chess and flirt with each other at the same time. (Not very romantic I know). I'm not really use to the multi-tasking yet, and sometimes forget that they can do it.

- Sims best friend visiting all the time
*I love this! My Sims best friend will come by the house all the time and knock on the door. In previous Sims games, you can easily lose the friendship by not socializing with them enough. But not when they come by my house all time! This kinda reminds me of Sims 1 where Bella and Mortimer would always show up at my house ALL THE TIME.

- Strangers to Married right away? I don't think so.
*If you think you are going to walk right up to a stranger and decide they'll be your husband/wife and start flirting with them, your Sim is just gonna get embarrassed and rejected. It wasn't as easy as in previous Sims games to build the relationship between my 2 Sims, who I wanted to get married. It's a lot more realistic and I love it.

IMPROVING LIST:
#1. Sometimes my sim will jump between 3-4 different emotions within a minute. I think this needs to be balanced more.
#2. Save game problem. I have encountered a problem where I actually lost my saved game for no reason at all. It was still in the files but didn't show up in "Load Games" in the game. In fact, "Load Games" wasn't even an option.
#3. Sims seating. I have seen several Sims "play" musical chairs around different venues. They'll get up and keep moving to different seats. It's a little weird lol.
#4. Grass. The grass looks just like it was painted on. Definitely needs a bit more texture to it.
#5. The radio volume. I don't know if it's just me but when the radio is on volume level Medium or Low, you can barely hear it. I have to turn the radio up to Loud just to hear the radio, which ends up being too loud lol.

Comments

• Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    Im with you. Waves
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    I dont like it.

Have fun tho!
  • Options
    michellecbus81michellecbus81 Posts: 107 Member
    That weird musical chair thing IS annoying. And how when they're eating, they'll get up and follow someone they were talking to if they leave.
  • Options
    AgnesAgnes Posts: 225 Member
    I will say I'm glad they added Multitasking. (☝ ՞ਊ ՞)☝ Praise the Sim Gods.
    Unacceptable!
    tumblr_mtmsysCU6f1qzp9weo1_250.gif

• Options
    YurusumajiYurusumaji Posts: 175 Member
    There are definite issues with the game, but I am also enjoying it.

With the "cartoonish" thing, I personally like it because when you try to make it look super-realistic it starts to look really weird. Yeah, it's 2014, we CAN do super-real graphics but that costs a FORTUNE because it is so much more work for the graphics artists. This has more of a Disney/Pixar fairy tale world feel for me, which I'm 150% into.

I actually hate that my friends show up at my door all the time. Who does that? At least call first!

The emotions system is ... not for me. But it's fine. It doesn't really bother me, but I micro-manage my Sims, so for my style of play it's way too easy for me to manipulate their emotions as I see fit. Emotions have been best for my legacy family. They get sad all the time because both parents are family-oriented, so during the day when mom is home, kids are at school, and dad is at work, the parents both get sad missing their family. Ha ha. That's so cute.
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2014
    Loving it, too. Watching my twin sisters "monkey around" is one of my favorite things ever!

Loving the family interactions. Multi-tasking is amazing. I feel like it is a game changer. Have multiple kids is so much better when everyone can so easily interact together.
    memory-0000000000000021-14_zps074db82a.jpg
    memory-0000000000000015-14_zps15a2c123.jpg

And, I feel connected to them in a way I haven't felt since TS2.
    memory-0000000000000016-14_zpsc3b2beca.jpg

Building is amazing, too. I really need a color wheel for building and items. I can live without the patterns but the color changing would be perfect. I am in love with hanging this on the walls, too.

A few things I hope change:
    • I don't mind some loading screens but I hope they figure out how to open world the individual neighborhoods. It would be great to be able to walk next door. I can live with loading screens going to a different neighborhood.
    • Looking forward to the tweaking/fixing of things like excessive weight gain, disappearing maid, frequency of items breaking
    • Hoping to return: our beloved toddlers, color wheel, some of our NPC service people back, cameras and better options to hang pics taken (more like TS2 than TS3 - 3 were too dark to really see).

I'm really enjoying the game and can't wait to see what comes next.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,727 Member
    Good on you! I like the game a lot too but so many people are quick to attack it. The only thing I couldn't really get used to was the new camera controls so I set them back to how they worked in the Sims 3. Multi tasking is awesome! I love how conversations feel so natural now. I've only played for a few hours but it's exciting to see my sim drinking a glass of milk and eating from a bowl of cereal while sitting on a couch watching tv.

I heard somewhere that there's no story progression and neighbours don't age, have kids or get promoted. Is that true? I seriously hope not...
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    coco wrote: »
    Good on you! I like the game a lot too but so many people are quick to attack it. The only thing I couldn't really get used to was the new camera controls so I set them back to how they worked in the Sims 3. Multi tasking is awesome! I love how conversations feel so natural now. I've only played for a few hours but it's exciting to see my sim drinking a glass of milk and eating from a bowl of cereal while sitting on a couch watching tv.<br />
    <br />
    I heard somewhere that there's no story progression and neighbours don't age, have kids or get promoted. Is that true? I seriously hope not...

As soon as I first started playing, I noticed that the camera controls were a little weird too. I switched to the Sims 3 Camera Controls and it's back to how I like it. As for the story progression, neighbors DO age. Everyone in the town will age and eventually die. As for everything else, they won't get married, have kids, get promoted, or anything like that. To the best of my knowledge. I can live with that until everyone in my town dies... Then what? LOL. Someone has to repopulate. But I believe a new family will just move in randomly after.
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @Sim1P3 said:
    > As soon as I first started playing, I noticed that the camera controls were a little weird too. I switched to the Sims 3 Camera Controls and it's back to how I like it. As for the story progression, neighbors DO age. Everyone in the town will age and eventually die. As for everything else, they won't get married, have kids, get promoted, or anything like that. To the best of my knowledge. I can live with that until everyone in my town dies... Then what? LOL. Someone has to repopulate. But I believe a new family will just move in randomly after.

Yeah I couldn't work out how to rotate the camera up and down. But I probably missed something really obvious there.
    Ugh. I'm glad they age, that's something I guess. I play for realism, I like neighbourhoods that progress or else it just feels as if it's all frozen. Looks like I'll be downloading mods again.

Also I hate this new forum. I'm from Australia but that section is empty so I'm here. How do I quote properly? lol
  • Options
    ts3seml wrote: »
    Loving it, too. Watching my twin sisters "monkey around" is one of my favorite things ever!

Loving the family interactions. Multi-tasking is amazing. I feel like it is a game changer. Have multiple kids is so much better when everyone can so easily interact together.
    memory-0000000000000021-14_zps074db82a.jpg
    memory-0000000000000015-14_zps15a2c123.jpg

And, I feel connected to them in a way I haven't felt since TS2.
    memory-0000000000000016-14_zpsc3b2beca.jpg

Building is amazing, too. I really need a color wheel for building and items. I can live without the patterns but the color changing would be perfect. I am in love with hanging this on the walls, too.

A few things I hope change:
    • I don't mind some loading screens but I hope they figure out how to open world the individual neighborhoods. It would be great to be able to walk next door. I can live with loading screens going to a different neighborhood.
    • Looking forward to the tweaking/fixing of things like excessive weight gain, disappearing maid, frequency of items breaking
    • Hoping to return: our beloved toddlers, color wheel, some of our NPC service people back, cameras and better options to hang pics taken (more like TS2 than TS3 - 3 were too dark to really see).

I'm really enjoying the game and can't wait to see what comes next.

Great pictures! I agree with you on being able to walk next door to your neighbors house. I think that should be allowed without a loading screen. Other than that, I don't mind the loading screens.
  • Options
    PapajPapaj Posts: 32 Member
    > @pandabearrox said:
    > I dont like it.
    >
    > Have fun tho!

You are the forums negative member who just goes directly to the sims 4 threads and brings negativity. If you prefer sims 3, please go the sims 3 threads.

Thanks
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    That weird musical chair thing IS annoying. And how when they're eating, they'll get up and follow someone they were talking to if they leave.
    I have that prob too but ey let's the music going :P

• Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    edited September 2014
    I gotta say i love this more than the sims 3 base game cause i felt more into to the game than the sims 3 base. You could get you sims married quick but the issue is with that is you'll mostly likely neglects your sims needs and works to just do so. Cause i tried it out
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes, this game is shaping up to be pretty fun for me too so far. I just got my copy of the game in today, and after installing it and booting it up for the first time, I played for four hours straight and the time flew by like nothing! The new build mode took a little getting used to, but I definitely love how you don't have to jump between two separate modes building and furnishing your home like in TS2, and the ability to stretch and shrink rooms at will is an absolute life saver.

Live mode is pretty cool too. I haven't gotten to fully explore it yet, but the emotions bring so many small yet dynamic details into interactions between sims and really bring them to life. For instance, one of the households I'm playing is a pair of brothers I made in the CAS demo with very different traits and aspirations. I sent each of them out in turn to public lots and immediately noticed a difference in how they responded to being out and about. While Joey, the extroverted one, was having a blast being around lots of other sims, Harley, the introverted one, was very uncomfortable even around two or three strangers. And it was so sweet when Joey came home and he and Harley were sitting on the couch hanging out, and all of a sudden Joey gave his brother a hug!

Also, I've got to say, it's awesome not to have to set up your sims to wash their hands after using the toilet because of the game's AI not ranking it as an important step in the process. I was so happy when I saw my sims actually washing their hands automatically. Only super neat sims in TS2 really do that...-_-;

So, yeah, so far so good. Unfortunately, I have to go to bed now because my body's kicking up a fuss about needing rest...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    > @SimsLovinLycan said:
    > Yes, this game is shaping up to be pretty fun for me too so far. I just got my copy of the game in today, and after installing it and booting it up for the first time, I played for four hours straight and the time flew by like nothing! The new build mode took a little getting used to, but I definitely love how you don't have to jump between two separate modes building and furnishing your home like in TS2, and the ability to stretch and shrink rooms at will is an absolute life saver.
    >
    > Live mode is pretty cool too. I haven't gotten to fully explore it yet, but the emotions bring so many small yet dynamic details into interactions between sims and really bring them to life. For instance, one of the households I'm playing is a pair of brothers I made in the CAS demo with very different traits and aspirations. I sent each of them out in turn to public lots and immediately noticed a difference in how they responded to being out and about. While Joey, the extroverted one, was having a blast being around lots of other sims, Harley, the introverted one, was very uncomfortable even around two or three strangers. And it was so sweet when Joey came home and he and Harley were sitting on the couch hanging out, and all of a sudden Joey gave his brother a hug!
    >
    > Also, I've got to say, it's awesome not to have to set up your sims to wash their hands after using the toilet because of the game's AI not ranking it as an important step in the process. I was so happy when I saw my sims actually washing their hands automatically. Only super neat sims in TS2 really do that...-_-;
    >
    > So, yeah, so far so good. Unfortunately, I have to go to bed now because my body's kicking up a fuss about needing rest...
    me too! :)