Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying from G2A and Origin

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows the site G2A, I'm thinking of buying The Sims 4 from there as the price on Origin is so high and its a lot cheaper on G2A by using codes from youtubers. Does anyone know if this site is reliable and safe to use?

Also on Origin the available games are Limited Edition and Digital Deluxe, will there be just the standard game for cheaper after the release date?

Comments

• Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows the site G2A, I'm thinking of buying The Sims 4 from there as the price on Origin is so high and its a lot cheaper on G2A by using codes from youtubers. Does anyone know if this site is reliable and safe to use? <br />
    <br />
    Also on Origin the available games are Limited Edition and Digital Deluxe, will there be just the standard game for cheaper after the release date? <br />
    <br />

In case no one here has used them. They appear to have a rating of 4.1/5 on Google and there are 29 reviews up for the company.

"The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    JadeeMelissaaJadeeMelissaa Posts: 40 New Member
    Thankyou for the help :)
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    I was thinking about it but do we actually get a code when we order or the hopes for one when it comes out?
    Another big question is how would they have codes already?
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    I've used them a few times and never had a problem :) I've pre-ordered The Sims 4 from there.
  • Options
    lym81 wrote: »
    I've used them a few times and never had a problem :) I've pre-ordered The Sims 4 from there.
    Did you get a code right away to register in origin?
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I always preorder from g2a now. Much better deal. They email you the code, you redeem it in origin. Then your game is there!
  • Options
    I was thinking the same, do you receive the code straight away or on the day it comes out?
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I was thinking the same, do you receive the code straight away or on the day it comes out?

When I preordered watchdogs, I got it when it came out. But right when it came out.
  • Options
    Hmm sadly they don't seem to have the deluxe version which is the one I am wanting to get for the extra stuff.
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    MaxoiRodiMaxoiRodi Posts: 10 New Member
    I've ordered several products using G2A (last thing was an iTunes card if I remember correctly). Their service is very reliable. Customer support is also very helpful and their prices are great. For The Sims 4 however, I went with CJS CD Keys since they had the game for a slightly cheaper price than G2A when I ordered (only $46.99).
  • Options
    > @Fiever7 said:
    > lym81 wrote: »
    >
    > I've used them a few times and never had a problem I've pre-ordered The Sims 4 from there.
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you get a code right away to register in origin?

You only get the code right away if the game is already out, I'll get my Sims 4 code closer to the release date.

Since we're talking about G2A I've been wondering about something. The game doesn't have a release date on the same day worldwide. It's 2nd September for USA and where I live in the UK it's 5th September. On the G2A website it says the key is Global but I wondered when will I be able to play it, would it be on the 2nd when it's released in the USA or would I have to wait until the 5th since I live in the UK.
  • Options
    Will the standard version be out on Origin after the release date? I'm hoping if it does it should be cheaper than £49.99, or is it just better to buy on G2A?
  • Options
    temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    edited August 2014
    Since we're talking about G2A I've been wondering about something. The game doesn't have a release date on the same day worldwide. It's 2nd September for USA and where I live in the UK it's 5th September. On the G2A website it says the key is Global but I wondered when will I be able to play it, would it be on the 2nd when it's released in the USA or would I have to wait until the 5th since I live in the UK.

You may get the code earlier than the release date in your country, but your Origin client won't let you play until the UK release date. I preordered the game from Origin Mexico using these instructions (even lower price than G2A) https://ozbargain.com.au/node/153979 and my Origin client displays the local EU release date for my preorder, even though the release in Mexico where I bought the game is earlier than that.
  • Options
    > @temes said:
    >
    > You may get the code earlier than the release date in your country, but your Origin client won't let you play until the UK release date. I preordered the game from Origin Mexico using these instructions (even lower price than G2A) and my Origin client displays the local EU release date, even though the release in Mexico where I bought the game is earlier than that.

• Options
    NormanYapNormanYap Posts: 33 Member
    I suggest you do it the way temes suggested. That way you are guaranteed to be able to preload the game for launch
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Funny you bring this up, i just bought my game from buy-play, which is the same thing i believe? Saved myself 30 euro in the process. There was no way id pay 60 for the game. 30 for me is a fair price though.
  • Options
    >Funny you bring this up, i just bought my game from buy-play, which is the same thing i believe? Saved myself 30 euro in the process. There was no way id pay 60 for the game. 30 for me is a fair price though.

I know, 60 is too much, a lot of other new games are a lot cheaper and 30 is about right :)
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member

OMG, it's off topic but I have to say it: I LOVE your avatar <3 , I have two yorkies at home and they are the bosses of the house, totally spoiled!

Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    temes wrote: »

You may get the code earlier than the release date in your country, but your Origin client won't let you play until the UK release date. I preordered the game from Origin Mexico using these instructions (even lower price than G2A) https://ozbargain.com.au/node/153979 and my Origin client displays the local EU release date for my preorder, even though the release in Mexico where I bought the game is earlier than that.

deluxe for $45 that way. will do this at the end of this next week.
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    > @metalfenix_Raf said:
    > lym81 wrote: »
    >
    > Since we're talking about G2A I've been wondering about something. The game doesn't have a release date on the same day worldwide. It's 2nd September for USA and where I live in the UK it's 5th September. On the G2A website it says the key is Global but I wondered when will I be able to play it, would it be on the 2nd when it's released in the USA or would I have to wait until the 5th since I live in the UK.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OMG, it's off topic but I have to say it: I LOVE your avatar , I have two yorkies at home and they are the bosses of the house, totally spoiled!

LOL, thanks :) That's my little Rolo he just turned 1 years old and he's spoiled too :p
  • Options
    MzNatNatMzNatNat Posts: 22 Member
    So ok. My friend just pre-ordered Sims 4 from www.G2A.com an hour before September 2nd came around. Thinking that we would get our codes tonight and play tonight and not have to spend no $60 dollars for this game. Its saying that we have to wait for the order to be processed and the keys will get sent to him by email. Still nothing. Plus on their page they are saying the game comes out on September 4th. So are we really going to have to wait til September 4th to play this?!?!?!?
  • Options
    BonniyBonniy Posts: 464 Member
    yep, you have to wait till sept 4th, I also got it from G2A, thinking that I could play it today too, but after talking to an online person, you have to wait, oh well, so here we sit waiting and reading all of the reviews
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    I've not bought from g2a directly but others have that I know and they're legitimate. I guess Origin wants capital on early access of the game though.
  • Options
    keyb0x wrote: »
    I've not bought from g2a directly but others have that I know and they're legitimate. I guess Origin wants capital on early access of the game though.

Yes they're normally very good when I've used them in the past, when I ordered their website said 2nd September there was no mention of having to wait until the 4th for keys and now the 2nd september date has disappeared from their website...

I'm not happy with how it's been done so I'm glad I cancelled and bought somewhere else :) I even got it cheaper :D
  • Options
    HouseLannister23HouseLannister23 Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2014
    Strange, I live in the UK and just got an email with my key from G2A?