Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boot camp + Sims 4

HI, just wondering if anyone knows if Sims 4 will work using boot camp on a mac with windows installed.

Got the demo working but does this actually reflect what will happen post release?

Comments

• Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    It should work as you will then be running the correct operating system for the game. I can't think of any reason that it wouldn't work because of boot camp. The only thing that could prevent it working to my knowledge is if your system does not meet the system requirements.
  • Options
    tthessims3tthessims3 Posts: 76 Member
    Jadeenkitten i was wondering if you could help me out with figuring how to use bootcamp and sims 4 i can't even download windows properly i keep messing up and its a pain in the but someone please help :(
    [img][/img]89acae44-52a8-4ad6-b22c-4e385de70f9e_zps85d71323.jpg

• Options
    vickip0vickip0 Posts: 25 New Member
    I don't think it will work any better with boot camp than sim3 did. I tried that as well as the mac versions on imac and neither worked well. So I bought a windows computer for sims only.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    When you bootcamp, your Mac "becomes" a PC. If your Mac has the proper specs, any game will work just as well (or poorly) on it as it would on an identically speced PC. If your Mac is an older or underpowered model or doesn't have enough RAM, then Bootcamping isn't going to help much. I run TS3 on a three year old bootcamped iMac with 8 GB of RAM on Win 7 and it's fine. Or at least as fine as that game is ever going to be.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,763 Member
    tthessims3 wrote: »
    Jadeenkitten i was wondering if you could help me out with figuring how to use bootcamp and sims 4 i can't even download windows properly i keep messing up and its a pain in the but someone please help :(

I was really intimidated and cautious to bootcamp my precious Mac, but the apple bootcamp instructions are very helpful. Also there are a million videos on youtube that can help you. If you have an iPad or other portable device, I suggest loading those videos on there and having them handy if you run into any snags. Also, Applecare (call in) can help you up to the point that you change over to the windows side.

Another thing to note, the apple drivers don't support Windows 32bit. The demo (and I'm assuming the game) will still run, but the audio won't work. I had to remove my partition and start over with Win 64bit. And I did it from a disc which I strongly recommend.

There is lots of support on the internet, and to be honest, it's not that hard at all to do. :)
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    Yeah, your mac should work just like a regular PC. Just make sure your specs are good enough to run the sims 4.
  • Options
    dukiebird23dukiebird23 Posts: 242 Member
    Where do you have to buy the windows program and how much would it cost?
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,763 Member
    Where do you have to buy the windows program and how much would it cost?

I bought mine at BestBuy (Canada) but I also looked into Amazon when I thought I had to get Windows 7 (you don't) Basically anywhere your computer needs are met. I'm assuming Walmart or Staples would have it.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif