Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this laptop play the Sims 4?

I'm interested in getting a laptop that can play both the old Sims 3 games and Sims 4. I know desktops are better, but I want a laptop. Will this be able to play the Sims 4? Will I be able to play on High settings, medium, or low?

HP Anodized Silver 17.3" Pavilion 17- e119wm Laptop PC:
Key Features and Benefits:
AMD Elite A10-5750M Quad-Core processor
3.5GHz, 4MB L2 Cache
8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
1TB SATA hard drive
Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more on this HP Quad-Core laptop with 1TB hard drive
SuperMulti DVD Burner
Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
10/100Base-T Fast Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC
AMD Radeon HD 8650G Graphics on the 17-e119wm HP 17.3" Pavilion Laptop
With up to 4206MB total graphics memory and HDMI capabilities

Comments

• Options
    SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    According to the GraphicsCards.sgr in my demo files, you may be able to play on medium settings. But as soon as TS4 comes out, it may be lowered to low-medium settings. It is recommended you play with a cooling pad, since the HD 8650G is integrated but strong enough for some gaming. Your CPU is fine, as it goes up to 3.5 ghz. The requirements might be bumped up by the first expansion. I don't think TS3 will do well on this laptop, Sims 3 can play on medium settings, med-low if CC or store content is added.
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    Oreo167Oreo167 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @SungFishy said:
    > According to the GraphicsCards.sgr in my demo files, you may be able to play on medium settings. But as soon as TS4 comes out, it may be lowered to low-medium settings. It is recommended you play with a cooling pad, since the HD 8650G is integrated but strong enough for some gaming. Your CPU is fine, as it goes up to 3.5 ghz. The requirements might be bumped up by the first expansion. I don't think TS3 will do well on this laptop, Sims 3 can play on medium settings, med-low if CC or store content is added.

So what integrated card would be a good enough card?
  • Options
    SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    An integrated card like the HD 8650G isn't good for extreme gaming. You need a dedicated video card in the laptop like AMD or Nvidia to play things well on high
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    Oreo167Oreo167 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @SungFishy said:
    > An integrated card like the HD 8650G isn't good for extreme gaming. You need a dedicated video card in the laptop like AMD or Nvidia to play things well on high

Okay my budget is $600 max. Is there a good laptop on the market with a dedicated video card? Or just a good laptop overall?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @Oreo167 unfortunately your budget is tight if its USD, to get a better idea wha tis needed for 3 see here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/635124/laptop-graphics-card-information-zone-calling-laptop-simmers-for-a-survey-laptop-help-here/p1