Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 & TS3 /Origin questions

I'm still new to Origin and I have a question that hopefully someone here can fill me in on.

I want to reinstall TS3 on an old computer (the old comp has some issues so I'm planning on resetting it to factory settings and reinstalling TS3) problem is I lost my discs in my last move, I have bought new ones but the serial numbers are likely already in use (is there a way to check?) as I got them at a thrift shop. I would like to have an account for the Sims 3 store for some of the free items and I apparently already have one with the serial code of my old game, I was able to log into it a bit ago and it wants me to connect an Origin account. Now this brings me to the TS4 part;

I want to put TS3 on my old comp and TS4 on the new one, do I need two separate Origin accounts for this? I have an account on the new comp (In it I have the TS2 collection and the TS4 demo) I don't ever plan to play the same game on both computers (ex; I don't plan on moving TS3 to the new comp or TS4 to the old, and unlikely will I ever use Origin for anything else, no offense to them, I just prefer console games expect for the sims) so will it be alright to just use one account or is this impossible?

Also, if I'm not able to make a Sims store account with the new code (this is if the old one isn't fully active or whatnot, I honestly don't remember making it, but I was able to reset the password by entering my old email, I have one old personal and one new that's also for college & work stuff) is there a way I can find the code of my old, currently installed TS3 game? I can play on it (I have the most recent disc, it was in the comp during my move so it's the only one not lost).

TL:DR If I put TS3 on the old comp and TS4 on the new, do I need two Origin accounts? Will one work or will that create conflicts/errors/uninstallation/loss of save file/unable to play on both?

Hope that's all clear...

Comments

• Options
    angtin249angtin249 Posts: 35 Member
    You only need one origin account. Since you're using two computers just install the Sims3 file on the old computer and the Sims 4 file on the new. There is no need to download both games on each and Origin won't do that. Just open Origin and click the game you want to install.

In order to ck if a game code is already in use just try to register the games and it will come up saying code already in use or invalid. If you call the support line for Sims 3 they may be able to help with you the current code you're missing. Maybe. Best of luck :smiley:
  • Options
    HatchlingHatchling Posts: 67 Member
    Thank you!

I was able to go into the registry file on my old comp and get the codes thankfully (yay for Carl's Sims guide!). Didn't even know I could. The more you know I guess!
  • Options
    angtin249angtin249 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm glad everything worked out :)