Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Say No to Orgin

I am refusing to purchase anymore EA games because of Orgin, and you should join me. Lets make a bold statement to EA. We shouldn't have to remember yet another password to play a game. Not to mention all the BS and extra download time and BLUH. Im taking the time to post this because I truly do enjoy sims and would like to purchase it. I just think it is a bad business move on there part.

Comments

• Options
    vickip0vickip0 Posts: 25 New Member
    You don't have to worry about another password, you use the same one that you use on sims3 web site. I like Origin, as you can download and install in one step, and never lose connection, as well as the program is always there to download again, if needed. I vote for having origin.
  • Options
    angtin249angtin249 Posts: 35 Member
    me 2, it's so easy to use and i can take games off and redownload them at anytime. Didn't like the idea at first but now I love it :) Specially since EA just added Sims2 Deluxe with all the expansions to my account and I didn't have to do anything. Talk about convenient!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I am refusing to purchase anymore EA games because of Orgin, and you should join me. Lets make a bold statement to EA. We shouldn't have to remember yet another password to play a game. Not to mention all the BS and extra download time and BLUH. Im taking the time to post this because I truly do enjoy sims and would like to purchase it. I just think it is a bad business move on there part.
    You don't have to download the game from Origin. You can buy it on disk, install it from the disk, and just register it on Origin. The registration on Origin is the *only* Origin requirement.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sugarush96sugarush96 Posts: 39 Member
    Personally I felt the same way when they first introduced it and made it mandatory but now I find it very convenient, especially if I need to re-download one of my games.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    What is up with people telling others what to do on this forum? "Buy the game", "Don't buy the game", "Wait to buy the game", "Don't use Origin"...why can't everyone just do what THEY want to do, and let others do the same? The only person who gets to decide what I buy or what I do with my game is me. And the same goes for everyone else, they make their own decisions. Sorry, but it's been getting annoying. Express your opinion by all means, but don't force it on others.
  • Options
    SyroninSyronin Posts: 169 Member
    I have nothing really against origin. I mean steams got to have competition to keep them straight but really origin is no competition at all because they are way to expensive.

What I really dont like is EA releasing games exclusively on Origin to force us onto the platform because thats the only way they are willing to try compete at all.
  • Options
    jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    Origin is very frustrating for me on my older computer [Windows XP] but I could understand why, I mean it's older than Mrs. Crumplebottom from sims 2. As for my Windows 8 laptop, it works pretty swell. Granted I have run into some downloading issues with it when I first installed it but now it's okay. I guess Origin is EA's way of grabbing every last cent from our game purchase so that way the retailers won't get a profit from it. I wanna say how disgusting that is, but hey, I'd make the same move if I knew I'd get more money from it. >:)
    mRzKqv8.gif?1