Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying Sims 4? in store or shipped?

So I went to a few stores and some of them said with the popularity of digital downloads they won't be receiving the sims 4 in store.
I was thinking of perhaps ordering the game from EA and having it shipped to me for the first time. I am in Canada and wonder if anyone here would share their experience with me on doing this? I am certain I could find it in a more popular chain store but having it shipped would save me a lot of hassle for sure.
Also for those that digital download, do you need to have a constant internet connection when you play this game and can it be installed on more then one computer?

Comments

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited August 2014
    Buying on Disk or digital download you only need to connect to the internet once to active and register your game :) The game can be installed on any computer, but you still have to use the same Origin login details.
  • Options
    StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    The guy in the store told me they don't have many copies of Sims games shipped so I'm best to pre-order it. I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.

You don't need a constant internet connection to play, just the first time you install the game (either via disk or download).
  • Options
    tiffedge76tiffedge76 Posts: 117 Member
    Thanks so much. I would also like the collectors editions ! Been simming since 2000 so I think I am due for collectors editions LOL.
  • Options
    motherloadermotherloader Posts: 54 Member
    I've never pre-ordered before but I live in the UK and pre-ordered from GAME yesterday and was told that it should be delivered on Thursday rather than Friday. Can't see the point in digital download really, it's more expensive and I actually can't think of why it would be better!
  • Options
    I think I would like the game copy as well. It would be my first time with a pre-order or digital download but I think I prefer the item in hand. It's a shame stores are not as good with PC games as they used to be :neutral_face:
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    I preordered from Best Buy because I like having the disc. Not sure why, since I don't use them. I just register it in Origin and then download, but having it still makes me feel better. I am picking up my preorder at the store, though, because the UPS guy comes too late in the day and I am impatient!
  • Options
    StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    I've never pre-ordered before but I live in the UK and pre-ordered from GAME yesterday and was told that it should be delivered on Thursday rather than Friday. Can't see the point in digital download really, it's more expensive and I actually can't think of why it would be better!
    @motherloader Hey I pre-ordered from GAME too. Did you order for home delivery or for store pick-up? I did store pick-up so can we pick it up a day early!?!??!
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    If I get TS4, I definitely want the disc. I just like to have it for whatever reason. :/
  • Options
    stickman1676stickman1676 Posts: 91 Member
    I still haven't decided. I like being able to play earlier with the DD but I have always preferred to have a physical copy. I guess since you have to register through origin before you can play the physical copy matters even less.
  • Options
    I am just debated on whether to go through EA or Best Buy now. I can pick it up in store . I too worry about the slow UPS guy lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    tiffedge76 wrote: »
    I am just debated on whether to go through EA or Best Buy now. I can pick it up in store . I too worry about the slow UPS guy lol.

Yeah, my guy comes at like 5pm so I'm definitely not waiting all day. Plus it's my birthday that day and I'm taking 2 days off work to play it so I'm not waiting! :p
  • Options
    What a great birthday Present!! let me wish you an early happy Birthday!
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    you know I did turn to a darth vader when I found out about ghosts not being in game, but then...*sigh*...wait for it...the demo sucked me back in XD I'm going to give a shoot anyways when it's released :)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    tiffedge76 wrote: »
    What a great birthday Present!! let me wish you an early happy Birthday!

Thanks! Yep, pretty hard to beat this present! :D

• Options
    there seems to be a lot missing from the game. Honestly when I read the list I was a little taken aback but I am still going to give it a go.
  • Options
    koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    Digital download. You need Internet to download, but after that no Internet is needed. I order from origin, it's a nice safe place with all my games and whenever I register a physical copy it goes there and the same thing happens. I'm actually about to donate all my games because they're all in origin and can be downloaded whenever I need them.
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • Options
    RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member
    Personally I would never go for digital download. I remember that I bought some things in the The Sims 2 era in EA Downloader. When they changed it to Origin, the expansion packs bought online magically disappeared and were nowhere to be found. That's a shame, since I do still own all the original disks for The Sims. They are mine, and nobody can take that away from me :)

Up to you though!
  • Options
    JadeeMelissaaJadeeMelissaa Posts: 40 New Member
    If I buy the game in a disc format, once I have downloaded it onto Origin do I need to use the disc every time I play? I've been having problems with my disc drive and I'm not sure on buying a digital copy as its so expensive.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I pre-ordered the Premium Edition and it will be shipped to my home on the 5th or 6th of September.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I'm buying from G2A.
  • Options
    JadeeMelissaaJadeeMelissaa Posts: 40 New Member
    >I'm buying from G2A.

Have you ever bought from there before?
  • Options
    maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    I've ordered from Amazon UK as usual...they've never let me down yet :)
  • Options
    NikkiKaur15NikkiKaur15 Posts: 477 Member
    i'm just going to pre-order the limited edition and get it delivered but wont be able to play it utill kids go to bed so i will be waiting and get them to bed early so i can play lol proberbly be up half of the night so i can't wait :smile:
  • Options
    I've never used g2a. I actually had to look it up LOL Looks like a good place as well though.
  • Options
    SForresterSForrester Posts: 160 Member
    edited August 2014
    I pre preordered the Collectors edition back on Jan the 2 from EB games
    tumblr_ljevkx1LHB1qfgm55_zpseb50a181.gif