Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suggestion/Request for Forum Mods

LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
edited August 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
Today was a train wreck on the forums with a troll being severely out of line... posting sexually explicit images, and generally being a PITA to the forums users here.

Is there *any way possible* that this could be added to the forum program? PLEASE!?

Ignore Plugin for Vanilla Forums

Users here could still report violations, and then simply ignore the offending poster. The flags could then be dealt with by the Mods, and while the wait for that occurs... those that have ignored the offender would no longer see their posts to... "contribute" to the trolling.

Please consider this seriously.

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ah vanilla forums (why not choc-mint?) has an ignore feature available...?
    The agree button is not enough.
    *flags for awesomeness*

Edit: was this moved here or was it always here? I didn't see the thread at all.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Ah vanilla forums (why not choc-mint?) has an ignore feature available...?
    The agree button is not enough.
    *flags for awesomeness*

Edit: was this moved here or was it always here? I didn't see the thread at all.

No... I made it about 2.5 hours ago..

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2014
    We do need active mods, rather badly. An ignore function would be even better, though we do still need the mods The ignore plugin sounds like a good idea too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    No... I made it about 2.5 hours ago..

I was randomly around the forums then too. I actually didn't realise there was technical discussions until recently
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Yes, we need this in the worst way.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    They have used the Avatar to curcumvent the restictions for posting pictures for new user how can they restrict Avatars?
  • Options
    Snosrap522 wrote: »
    They have used the Avatar to curcumvent the restictions for posting pictures for new user how can they restrict Avatars?

That's why I'm requesting/suggesting they add the available plug-in to allow users to ignore people like that. The particular poster I'm referring to was up to, shenanigans... and it took several hours for mods to address the situation. And now it seems the person has created a new account and is continuing it...
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I can't think of any good reason NOT to have this feature. It would be so useful.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png