Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

lets not forget.

That the videos are going to look muddy compared to the actual game :)
•New Zealand
•Collectors Edition + Headset
Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P
Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

Comments

• Options
    PsychoLesbianPsychoLesbian Posts: 179 Member
    Didn't need its own thread, but I agree sooo +1
  • Options
    joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    Thought id make sure everyone knew, otherwise they would complain about it :P
    •New Zealand
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

• Options
    edited August 2014
    joop123 wrote: »

Darling if there is one thing that is certain about the Sims forums, is that if people want to complain, they will do so. Whether or not there is facts or reason to deter against it. Just keep your chin up, find the nice people, and goof off and enjoy the ride :)
  • Options
    I will :D
    •New Zealand

• Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    I don't understand. If the videos are showing the actual game, then why would they make it look different or worse than what it is?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    I don't understand. If the videos are showing the actual game, then why would they make it look different or worse than what it is?

many reason. Compression, Codec, resolution, there are a lot of reasons :)

•New Zealand

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    People will complain whether you make a thread or not. :|
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Recording game footage itself becomes a condensed file, so colors may not display correctly or may seem muddy based on what file the person uses to record. Rendering the footage to make it manageable for youtube to accept as an upload further compresses the file, and by proxy the image, which can reduce quality of the overall video. What you see on youtube is broken down quite a bit from what is available on the game, depending on the recording software used.

-youtuber and editor :D
  • Options
    EasyToRead wrote: »

ok sorry
    •New Zealand

• Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member

Recording game footage itself becomes a condensed file, so colors may not display correctly or may seem muddy based on what file the person uses to record. Rendering the footage to make it manageable for youtube to accept as an upload further compresses the file, and by proxy the image, which can reduce quality of the overall video. What you see on youtube is broken down quite a bit from what is available on the game, depending on the recording software used.

Ah you learn something new every day, many thanks for taking the time to explain :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options

Ah you learn something new every day, many thanks for taking the time to explain :)

No problem! I have enough experience with it, so why not share :P
  • Options

No problem! I have enough experience with it, so why not share :P

Can i add you on origin? :)
    •New Zealand

• Options

ok sorry

They don't want you to apologize, they're just referencing that people actually will attack someone for posting a thread. For the most part I just state if its necessary or I post a gif if its a flaming thread.
  • Options

ok sorry

They don't want you to apologize, they're just referencing that people actually will attack someone for posting a thread. For the most part I just state if its necessary or I post a gif if its a flaming thread.

yeah, thats true :)
    •New Zealand

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    What I noticed is that most the videos specially inside sim houses are dark from inside. The outside world is so much brighter though
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    What I noticed is that most the videos specially inside sim houses are dark from inside. The outside world is so much brighter though

I noticed that :) hopefully its a bit lighter in game :)
    •New Zealand

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I think what OP is trying to remind everyone is that the software being shown in videos (such as that 20 minute one by The English Simmer) is an earlier version than the version we're getting at release.

• Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member

Could be that there aren't many windows on the particular building so not much external light is getting in. Or it could be an actual issue with lighting. Who knows. Never noticed it myself anyway.
  • Options
    XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    Time to intensify those lights!
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I think what OP is trying to remind everyone is that the software being shown in videos (such as that 20 minute one by The English Simmer) is an earlier version than the version we're getting at release.

not really :P but that too :P i was trying to explain that the software using to record the game is going to make the game look blurry/muddy :)
    •New Zealand

• Options
    The darker lighting is a glitch very common with using FRAPS as a recording software. It has the same problem in TS3 to the point where I have to edit the footage to make it brighter manually. It could be that the house was particularly dark, but I am most certain it will be much easier to see in-game versus a video.
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I see it this way, all that clipping we saw in that video probably isn't like that now, I believe it was at the beginning of the video she told us it was an old version of the game and stuff has possibly changed since that version.... My point is that we didn't see any clipping in the gamescom presentation and that was LIVE!