Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I had to delete my Sims' porch in order for him to afford an easel

How terrible is that?

sorry, just thought I'd share. Back to my game now. :D

Comments

• Options
    AmoaraAmoara Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2014
    Haha! Not too terrible. I usually dumpster dive for extra cash if I need it so, yeah, all good in the hood =D
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2014
    And your first assigned task as an artist will be to paint a picture of your porch. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited August 2014
    igazor wrote:
    And your first assigned task as an artist will be to paint a picture of your porch. :)
    :lol:@OP- I usually do away with random things like lamps, extra chairs, etc. first. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,913 Member
    edited August 2014
    LOL!

Amora: Maybe I'll have him do that next time. Oh and get salvaged funiture, fix it up and then sell it.

igazor: :lol: He would of had to have bypassed taht assignment since ther was no porch to be seen!

blacksheba: Usually I do that too, but he didn't have anythinng extra in his house. The porch was the only thing I could think of deleting.
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited August 2014
    When my chef sim adopted a kitten and had to buy stuff for it, leaving her household funds in the double digits, I sold her fire alarm. I figured she could do without it, since she's a Natural Cook (and also a Daredevil, so even if a fire does somehow get started she'll be able to put it out on her own). But, because she's also Neurotic, I'll be buying her a new one when she's in better shape financially.

The next morning her bathroom sink broke, and she had to call for repairs because she's also a Diva. Had I not sold her fire alarm, the repair bill would've left her with one simoleon to her name. One.
  • Options
    RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited August 2014
    The struggle is real. lol sorry I had to say it. I often get rid of the second bathroom, or wall paper for quick cash.
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited August 2014
    When my sims are starting I usually head to the park and pick flowers at the summer festival. There are a few that are like 600 so they pick then I sell those as needed.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,037 Member
    edited August 2014
    Mommyland wrote:
    When my sims are starting I usually head to the park and pick flowers at the summer festival. There are a few that are like 600 so they pick then I sell those as needed.
    Exactly. I never have to sell necessities. Luxury items, maybe, but never what I consider basic-needs items. It is so easy now to make money with all the expansions. Pick up some of those space rocks on public lots too, analyse and sell. Just go collecting--period. Even dogs and cats can find stuff.

And it's amazing how fast the money adds up just from fishing and selling garden produce too.

When my sims make new friends, they almost always get gifts in the mail. Some of these are worth a lot of money. :lol:
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sounds like my sims, I had to delete their porch and their bedroom just to pay the bills and the maid. Currently my sims have $1 in the household funds. I'm in the slow process of remodeling their house, so all the money that they bring home goes straight into the remodel. They've already been visited by the repo man once. :D
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited August 2014
    I had to sell a car my sims bought even though it was their only vehicle and use the cash from the sale of that car to buy back the bikes because the stupid AI made them sell their bikes and blow all of their savings on that stupid car just so they could afford to move from their tiny starter home to a much bigger lot without eating up their savings.They still had 20000$ left over after selling that car and moving to a bigger lot with a small shack on it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg